YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Who here carb cycles and what are your thoughts?

TRYN2

Registered
Just curious what everyone does and why?

Examples of what you eat and when and why you tweak what you tweak?

Carb cycling basics?

Carb cycling secrets, the easy stuff that helps?

Carb cycling for the layman?

more advanced stuff?

I know where I can go buy some info and I do sometimes to support people. To have a board of this level with the contributions to the members who visit and read to learn from folks that have achieved the levels of success they have I would love to have a good thread and thoughts on Carb Cycling. Fell free to post links to other threads or whatever.

If this sucks, delete it :)

Thanks

Just curious what everyone does and why?

Examples of what you eat and when and why you tweak what you tweak?

Carb cycling basics?

Carb cycling secrets, the easy stuff that helps?

Carb cycling for the layman?

more advanced stuff?

I know where I can go buy some info and I do sometimes to support people. To have a board of this level with the contributions to the members who visit and read to learn from folks that have achieved the levels of success they have I would love to have a good thread and thoughts on Carb Cycling. Fell free to post links to other threads or whatever.

If this sucks, delete it :)

Thanks

PM Shelby, he could get yout the answeres your looking for.

Ive just started a carb cycle for lean bulk...Im a bit pushed for time at the moment to give you the details....but i will do. However i got it from T nation site. Theres a formula to follow to work out ratio's, but basically carbs are eating in the 1st 3 meals around training time. Theres an alternative suggestion for evening trainers. Its also very flexible too.:)

It has been around.

It certainly has been around since the beginning of time. I have an old school one circa 70's or 80's that I will try and find and post if you all are interested.

Certainly opinions very and many people felt and still feel this is the most effective way to lose bodyfat.

I work with Shelby and we are carb cycling currently in my offseason. Great way to control your bf while bulking (or so it seems so far). Also used for the majority of my pre contest diet, worked very well and I enjoyed the diet as you get a day or two with a lot of carbs which holds you over mentally as you lower them the other days.

As the others have said, get in touch with Shelby, I'd just hire him as it's easier anyway.

I'm a fan of carb cycling.

On my low days I use EFA's and other good fats as my alternate fuel. Everyone is different so one way isn't going to work for everyone and depending on how much you weigh will determine what you consider low and high.

An example of a low day for me would be a half of cup of oats in the morning and thats it for the day. The rest of the meals are lean proteins with green veggies and a fat. Unless I'm eating a protein that contains a good amount of fat, I'm adding about 25-30 grams from something like nuts or Udo's oil.

A high day would have my first four meals containing about 50 grams of carbs from low glycemic carbs like brown rice or oats. The last two meals are higher fat proteins with veggies.

How many low days before a high day? That depends on why your doing it and a couple of other things....well for me anyways. I can handle low carbs and feel better without them, however, I do feel the need to have them put back in the diet for a short amount of time and then take them out again. It's one of the sure fire ways I've found to get rid of bodyfat. Going the keto route flattens me out too much but I can say I don't feel bad at all on it. It's all up to the individual. I can just say that as a general rule of thumb that if you are looking for fat loss then controling insulin levels are a must and one of the best ways to do this is getting rid of excess carbs. Everyone has their limit so finding it is key. Branch Warren for example used a shit ton of carbs in his prep this year. He was shredded. Find what works for you.

**broken link removed**

I've followed Shelby's information and posts. He definitely knows his shit.

i personally don't cycle in the sense of going lower on certain days, but i do try and get a lot of simple sugars with my whey protien post workout, but sometimes i want to eat some real food, like tomorrow night after i train arms im eating some pizza :D

Shelby is the man to hire for a good carb cycling diet. You wont regret it. It started really slow for me but then it kicked in. I just went on vacation and have fallen off the wagon this week but am looking forward to getting back on next week. But if you want to know how to do it properly, contact Shelby and he can set you up.

I actually am pondering hiring Shelby, hopefully soon I will be able to just need a few things to turn around for me. I am optimistic though.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws