YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Who here has had to take substantial time off for surgery?

saint808

Registered
I will be having to take 6 weeks off following surgery and was wondering how my eating should change? Any supps i should take during that time? and such. Adding size is easy for me. Getting cut is a different story and due to previous years of abuse my skin is loose and abdominoplasty is the only way to rid myself of this so i am going to go ahead and have this done. No matter what i do i can only ever see 4 abs when in decent condition so it's time to get rid of that and just move on with my life.

Me

I have been off getting close to 4 months now and surgery was one of the reasons I quit the board for a while and lost interest in even doing it anymore. I had a huge boil/abcess removed from my shoulder looked like a golf ball not even sure how I got it. I have not trained or really supplemented since then and needless to say those nice ripped pics I have post in the past no longer exsist. I would routinely get up to 240lbs after a show, heaviest before now was around 265lbs and stepped on the scale the other day I was at 288lbs and that's barely pushing 5'11". I have a lot of work to do normally I'd not use any gear, keep protein high, carbs moderate, no sugar, still drink lots of water , keep takinga good multi vitamin, and BCAAS high and keep up the cardio.

Please don't ask for pics of a 280+ pound fathead my head is the smallest part on me right now the rest is ugggghhhh!!!

HAD MY RIGHT BICEP REPAIRED IN 1990.

TORE MY TENDON...DRILLED HOLES IN THE RADIAL TUBEROSITY <WHERE IT ATTACHES TO THE FOREARM. ABOUT A MONTH AFTER BEING IN THE CAST I HAD A FREIND CUT IT OFF WITH HIS HUNTING KNIFE <MY ARM WAS GETTING SO SMALL I WAS FREAKING OUT> STARTED DOING BICEP CURLS IN THE POOL. HELL I COULDN'T EVEN TURN MY WRIST AT FIRST. I TRAINED EVERYTHING BUT THAT RIGHT ARM THE WHOLE TIME....THOUGH.

I'D THINK GEAR WOULD SPEED THE HEALING PROCESS...DECA AND TEST. SMALL AMOUNTS.....MY OPINION.

know how you feel...

Saint, I'm going in for liposuction on my abs and flanks this coming Monday (6/2). I'll have to lay off the weights for about 4 weeks according to the Doc. I too am sick and tired of not seeing 6 pack abs, regardless of how hard I diet or what drugs I use. Anyways, here is what I've decided to do (after discussion with the Dr. and some other research too).

To up immune response and improve healing:
2g of Vitamin C per day
Multivitamin
1g Bromelain + 1g Quercetin per day (reduces bruising and speeds healing)
Arinca Montana (reduces discomfort, bruising ad swelling too)
(last two things are available from: www.vitamedica.com)

Antibiotic:
Keflex (don't remember the dose)

Pain:
Vicodin

Other basic supplements I take anyways:
2g Flax seed oil per day
1g MSM per day
200-400mg ALA per day
1.5 grams of Chrondroitin + Glucosamine per day
325mg Saw Palmetto per day
1mg Finasteride per day
B12 1000mcg EOD (injected)
L-carnitine 200mg EOD (injected)

I was told to specifically lay off any blood thinning agents (like aspirin and all AAS both before and after, for at least 3-4 weeks). GH might be a good addition if you can get it though.

BTW - what Jethro said is right, Deca does boost immune response, but it also thins the blood and can lead to increased internal bleeding/bruising and may even slow healing initially. After the 4 week break though, I plan to go back on full speed and really harden the fuck the up for the rest of the summer (Test + Fina + Winny, etc.)

Good luck bro,

DrG

I was out for almost 5 months from rotator cuff surgery, man talk about a long painfull recovery. The only good thing was that I did a lot of cardio. When I was able to lift again talk about having to check my ego, had to start with and empty bar....

just 6 weeks back into the gym after 14 weeks off for a broken hand. i was in a cast from fingertips to elbow. when i came out of the cast i could not even close my hand compeltely for 6 weeks. So its been a long road to recovery. Getting back into the gym was a reality check. absoluely no strenght. garabage weight. huge gut. I'm finally back into it now an my body is shaping up very slowly. No contests this season for sure. its just not gonna happen. You will be ok. just don't go crazy on junk food and beer like i did.

thanks guys.... i am just nervous even when i fraqactured my hand i was still in there with a cast on and eventually had my training partner cut it off... the gym is my new drug and i haven't taken 6 weeks off since i started lifting 2 years ago so i am nervous.

i was down 6 months after having my pec tear/tendon rupture fixed, it sucked, but the rest did me good. i would stay away from gear and let the body heal naturally. i just went back to being a normal person for awhile and let my body tell me when it was time to start hitting it again

Saint,
Make sure you do take the 6 weeks off, after my bicep surgery I was of the mind that the gym was the place to be, now I have a completely screwed up arm and a huge scar running up it.

As for the supplementation I would eat fairly clean, try to do some cardio, keep the protein high, take a good multi vitamin, flax oil but not worry about anything anabolic, just relax and enjoy your time off.
When you come back, nice light weight, good form and the gains will come flooding back.

Boing "the English_Bulldog"

something that will help you with this will be the anarchy stack! You can find out more about this on animalkits.be seems to be the shit. If I were you I'd really consider looking into it.

I don't know

I'm always cautious about what I read from Animal seen some quirky "net guru stuff" come out of him before to believe much that he writes or produces.

after football season my freshmen year in college I was working on the ranch and a damned calf decieded it would be fun to but me in the back, that cost me 3 months away from training. it drove my so insane, but i can say one thing it realy motivated me to train like an animal as soon as i could get back

I don't know, anything that I've ever used that comes from animal has been top notch. His anarchy stack is just a bunch of over the counter vitamins and herbs with aminos and shit like that. Besides Brooklynjuice posts more about the affects of these products than anyone. He works in a very up standing hospital in NYC, I believe. I know that he puts ALOT of research into what he does. I think alot of people don't understand animal that's why they disagree and don't use him as much. Granted he's very opinionated and over the top and some what abrasive, his shit works.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131