over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Who here still follow the principle "Eat only when hungry"? Phil Hernon

You guys can work this and slice it up any way you want.
Facts: How many pros have E V E R said they acquired their mass "eating when they're hungry". How many trainers subscribe to this?
I think the number is 1(PhilHernone).

CG

See bold above: If it works for a Gorilla it should work for a man? No, bro. If that were so we could eat nothing but a few bamboo shoots, eventually deadlift 2000 lbs (the estimated deadlift strength of a Gorilla) and build 400 lbs of lean mass, all while doing pretty much nothing--which is exactly what Gorillas do (they do virtually zero hard work).

The fact is that each animal (including people, although I wouldn't call us animals) has a different genetic make-up, which directly dictates natural levels of muscle mass and dietary requirements.

Comparing Gorillas, or Male lions for that matter, to people, is ludicrous--on all fronts.

I knew there was a reason I liked Mike Arnold. He always succinctly summarizes complex thoughts into posts like this.

But yes I agree..... Gorillas are the size of Gorillas because of their genetic makeup. Having said that, I also fairly sure that if you could somehow "force" a Gorilla to perform weightlifting exercise, eat more calories, and take anabolic drugs... that Gorilla would grow larger than his peers.

A better analogy would be Race Horses. Race Horses do perform exercise, and take drugs, (and presumably eat different/better diets than most horses), and they become stronger and faster than other normal horses.

Last edited:
I remember reading a thread a while ago.

Someone else pointed the same point u mentioned and Phil said, eating when hungry is not meant for one to grow massively. Most bodybuilders force feed, they grow massively, but they also get overly bloated and fat.

Eating when hungry allow you to grow without getting fat.

You guys can work this and slice it up any way you want.
Facts: How many pros have E V E R said they acquired their mass "eating when they're hungry". How many trainers subscribe to this?
I think the number is 1(PhilHernone).

CG

if I ate only when hungry, I would do nothing but eat all day long.

Honest to God… I am always hungry. And it doesn't matter what type of food I eat, I can eat until I'm almost sick and then two hours later I'm ready to go again. Sometimes less.

If I ate according to my appetite, I would be 500 pounds of daytime talkshow fat ass!

I think it makes sense there days I wake up starving and other days I don’t get hungry till around noon . For most it’s just easier to be consistent and eat every 3 hours .

I think it makes sense there days I wake up starving and other days I don’t get hungry till around noon . For most it’s just easier to be consistent and eat every 3 hours .
I’m never hungry so every 3 hours is the way I have to go.

if I ate only when hungry, I would do nothing but eat all day long.

Honest to God… I am always hungry. And it doesn't matter what type of food I eat, I can eat until I'm almost sick and then two hours later I'm ready to go again. Sometimes less.

If I ate according to my appetite, I would be 500 pounds of daytime talkshow fat ass!
I'd be 600.

In my decades of eating 5+ times a day i never got hungry. Now that i eat 4x a day with some intermittent fasting thrown in i can get hungry. Probably not conducive to achieving max size.

It would be nice if most of you actually understood Phil's method of eating only when hungry. Eat as many times a day you fucking want but the fact remains if YOUR NOT HUNGRY something is wrong! If your training as hard as half of you say you are and your on hormones, then why in the fuck aren't you hungry? Why aren't you eating 6-8 times a day, starving when you sit down to eat?
If your just sitting down stuffing food down your throat because the clock says so well IMHO your an idiot.......sorry 😞

When im starving before each and every meal that's when im my best in the gym, I'm clicking on all cylinders.

It would be nice if most of you actually understood Phil's method of eating only when hungry. Eat as many times a day you fucking want but the fact remains if YOUR NOT HUNGRY something is wrong! If your training as hard as half of you say you are and your on hormones, then why in the fuck aren't you hungry? Why aren't you eating 6-8 times a day, starving when you sit down to eat?
If your just sitting down stuffing food down your throat because the clock says so well IMHO your an idiot.......sorry 😞

When im starving before each and every meal that's when im my best in the gym, I'm clicking on all cylinders.
A big thing I noticed too when I went on his diet, the meals were about 1/2 the size that I usually ate. The longer I was on the diet, the more often I ended up eating because I was starting to get hungry more. I was used to eating on the clock and each time I would sit down and shovel the food in, even if I wasnt very hungry. THe meals I was eating were too big. I was eating 2 big full sized chicken breasts, must have been 400 grams of meat or more. I wasnt measuring. With him I was eating maybe 150 grams of chicken meat.

all the guys that say "eating when hungry" doesnt make sense etc just dont get it. n too scared prob to give it a chance.
i could write a bunch on how it works and how it literally makes far more logicial sense than pre-determining your meals. that seems like the worst idea ever to me. cuz i been big ripped and took first "eating when hungry" i know it works. and again seems most logical to me.
i absolutely believe eating when hungry and proper drugs used and proper macros eaten per meal is what made me look my best.
if u pre-determine ur caloric intake arent u likely eating too much one day and too little another?
or possibly always under eating? maybe always over eating?

It's so funny cause Phil really did a mind fuck on me...LOL, if I wasn't hungry I'm sitting down thinking, ok something is wrong and I need to fix it, sometimes it was over training and lack of recovery, sometimes it was letting my hormones crash too much coming off cycle, sometimes it was just not getting enough sleep, but he made me realize that SOMETHING was wrong just from the simple fact that I wouldn't be starving a few hours after eating my last meal.

Phil also strongly believe in fruits as the sole source of carbs.

I tried it and i felt that i have retained allot less water, more energetic, better mode and clarity.
Fructose metabolism does not require insulin for utilization. Less insulin means less inflammation and less water retention and improved protein synthesis.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear