advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Who here trains in a true hardcore gym ???

I go to a powerhouse gym close to my house , and let me tell you.... It is the real deal, never crowded it, and jackass free....

I have 90% of my lifting life. Going back to a gym or gyms again .
Made concessions for my wife by using a well equipped health club for a while.
I just hate training around that crowd. Just an excercise in temper controll.
T

Loved that gym as well. Trey Brewer trained their all the time. He is now at Titanz Fitness in Smyrna which is equally good. Wish I lived in that area.
One other truly hardcore gym comes to mind in the ATL. COFFEE's GYM in Marietta, GA. They cater to alot of OLY lifts, Strongman, Powerlifting but you can get motivated in their to move some weight if that's your thing. I think Casey Viator used to own it. Have not been by their in some time. Another hardcore gym in the ATL is QUEST. That's all I know for now..lol. I train at Gold's Lawerencville not really "hardcore" but they cater to bodybuilders.

I train at Titanz Fitness and I love it!! DB's up to 170 I believe...everything you need and 24 hour access...hardcore enough for me and it's clean. Never heard of Quest, what area is that in?

I train at a hard core gym, my own gym in my garage.
Heavy duty "Texas Strength Systems" squat rack, "TSS" flat bench, incline/decline bench. A "1500lb" buddy capp bar, lat machine, dip/pull up station, shit loads of dumbells, deadlift platform, and some other equipment. I love having my own "HARD CORE GYM"

mine is more old school than hardcore... got some older bbers that were real good back in the day.. good to seem them still staying in shape...

Mines not hardcore :( but it has awesome equipment

Oceanside Wellness & Sport

Full of jackasses though, the sleeve monster puts in work at my gym. There isn't a kid under 20 with sleeves, even though it was like 20 degrees today lol.

I like the hardcore gyms. you know u are when u see the chains, chalk, and the strong man shit lay n around. Pics on the wall, trophys, 200lb dumbells and bent bars are a good sign. all the guys are all swolled up. makes me wanna lift when i get in there

I used to train at a place called Apollon Gym in Edison, NJ. Awesome environment. Hardcore but not a pit. Pretty sure a few pro's have come out of that place recently. I moved away from that area years ago but if I could pick one place to train again that would be it, no doubt.
Peace,
M2M:cool:

I used to train at a great old school Gold's, you could do whaterver you wanted. Then planet fatness bought it, and you know how the story ends :mad:

I do

Greg Longs gym in FEASTERVILLE PA. Old school/Hard core as it gets.

No spandex allowed.
I just saw that the gym relocated last year. Does anyone still train there?

2600 Bristol pike Bensalem Pa

Damn. resurrecting an old thread I see. Fitness 1 in Phoenix for me. Family owned and lots of pros from all divisions train there.

How many still train at the same gym as when this thread began over 13 years ago? Has it changed any for the better (In your opinion) or worse and if so how? I still train at the same gym as I did back then but also go to a couple of other gyms that weren't around then.

How many still train at the same gym as when this thread began over 13 years ago? Has it changed any for the better (In your opinion) or worse and if so how? I still train at the same gym as I did back then but also go to a couple of other gyms that weren't around then.
I ended up turning my basement into a gym when I stopped powerlifting. Got a lot of stuff from play it again sports and from 2 high schools when they redid their weight rooms.

I trained at westside barbell which is pretty hardcore. RIP Louie. I also trained at the original Torture Chamber gym in Massillon Oh. Was in Steve Studer’s garage, a known power lifter and bodybuilder. Pretty intense, Chris Spielman trained there. Quads gym on south side of Chicago. My wife is from there. Watching Ed Coan squat and deadlift was incredible. The intensity Chuck Vogelpohl brought everyday was out of this planet

I train at home now but a pretty good setup and equipment. Pretty much started in 2015 and never looked back, just filled it out. Have 4 kids and work hard with travel so no crew anymore or partners. I miss that. I do host some groups occasionally but mostly old friends.

Notable Places I've trained:

Golds Venice
Quads Gym in Chicago (Ed Coan)
Top D1 university S&C gym
Garages with Olympic lifters including a top national guy who jerked ~550lbs over head.
Various power holes and in crew for a season with a former SHW world record holder training for a meet. Never trained at Westside but spoke to Louie a few times. He was a major influence for me.
Mike Quinn's World Gym (lots of BBing) and another in that South Florida area with a local top IFBB Pro (90s mass monster) and lots of visiting pros
Dungeon city gyms with clear tarps taped over broken and absent windows. It closed and someone lit the entry of fire.
Friend's house doing OLs every weekend lugging out a bar and plates to the flat and worn dirt pile in his yard (they wouldn't allow me to do OLs during a period of time at the campus gym).

I train at home now but a pretty good setup and equipment. Pretty much started in 2015 and never looked back, just filled it out. Have 4 kids and work hard with travel so no crew anymore or partners. I miss that. I do host some groups occasionally but mostly old friends.

Notable Places I've trained:

Golds Venice
Quads Gym in Chicago (Ed Coan)
Top D1 university S&C gym
Garages with Olympic lifters including a top national guy who jerked ~550lbs over head.
Various power holes and in crew for a season with a former SHW world record holder training for a meet. Never trained at Westside but spoke to Louie a few times. He was a major influence for me.
Mike Quinn's World Gym (lots of BBing) and another in that South Florida area with a local top IFBB Pro (90s mass monster) and lots of visiting pros
Dungeon city gyms with clear tarps taped over broken and absent windows. It closed and someone lit the entry of fire.
Friend's house doing OLs every weekend lugging out a bar and plates to the flat and worn dirt pile in his yard (they wouldn't allow me to do OLs during a period of time at the campus gym).
I hear you regarding kids and work. Basement gym was one of my best investments. I add to it every now and then. Go through titan fitness. Decent equipment for a decent price.

A lot of people don’t realize that Louie would talk to anybody who called him, anybody. It was neat seeing all the college coaches come in and learn the westside way, bands, chains etc. big time div 1 coaches were there on a regular basis

I hear you regarding kids and work. Basement gym was one of my best investments. I add to it every now and then. Go through titan fitness. Decent equipment for a decent price.

A lot of people don’t realize that Louie would talk to anybody who called him, anybody. It was neat seeing all the college coaches come in and learn the westside way, bands, chains etc. big time div 1 coaches were there on a regular basis
Me too on the basement gym. Sometimes I just walk in and check out my stuff. Makes me want to train. So many years in gyms and now I finally have my own...would have been nice in my youth but that's the way of things. Most of mine is Rogue as 2015 Rep and Titan didn't exist. I have a few pieces that were handmade - heavy bench frame for Fat Pad, monos, belt squat, and probably the heaviest tilt top reverse hyper at 4x3 main posts and 7 gauge all around). Functional trainer, 6 post rack with safeties for 2 stations (my daughter is lifting with me now), lots of bars that don't get enough use, Powerblocks old with 130lbs kit etc... Love it but it's pretty much done and I'm out of room and swapping out nothing.

Louie was great. I first read his stuff on chains in the 90s in PLUSA. Read more and this dude had a mind and knew how to train to drive progress. Talked a few times. Bought a few things from them over the years. Buddy has one of his first platform belt squats. Needs someone to operate the pin for the lifter.

Good times. Having wings/beers with my buddy who we trained with for a season when I get back. Gradually age catches us all but still having fun and enjoying myself. Love it.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131