over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Who is actively competing in PL/Strongman

I just competed at Strongman Masters Nationals in Omaha 10/11. I took 10th in the under 231 class. Training now for a contest in ILL in January

do what?

Didn't know NAS would let them have two Beast of the East comps... Tommy K usually puts in on somewhere in SC,, I took 2nd in 07 and I'm not sure who won this year.. Good luck with your comps..
Just finished KY strongest man,, I tore my left knee up... Slap tear in patella tendon....... dropped the 320 farmers (80ft) ten feet from the finish and cut a damn front flip!! My freak'n luck!! Was WAYYYYY overtrained to be competing ,,, very good lesson learned.. Won't happen again though.. I want the AM LW log record before NATs in O9!! Gotta whole lotta work to do though!!!! 330 will go in training,, but it's gonna have to be 360 for it to stick for a while.. Been lucky enough to work with Brad Dunn here lately on press work.. damn dude hit a 391 axle for a tripple last weekend like it wasn't shit!!!!!!!!
Anyhow,, let me know where you compete next,, mine will be in Columbia, SC again at the South Atlantic show,, will be a 231 again.. unless the gods throw me a pro-card for getting hurt..LOL..
STRONGMANJOE77

Last edited:
Actually, you are right, it was Northeast Beast, not Beast of the East ... I may actually be doing that South Atlantic comp Joe, I am definitely competing in Orlando for my pro card ...

I'll be doing Tony Soucie's contest in january in Illinois. I heard he runs a fun show

k cool

Hey that sounds great TA... Hopefully I'll see ya there... I keep eating like I've been and I'll end up in the 265's.. Wouldn't be that bad though,,,, weights aren't that heavy in that comp.. Just lite and fast..
Good luck to you as well ICE.. hope all goes well in IL for you..

You (TA), said ur competing in FL this year? I havent' looked at the schedule for the remaining year.. Or is it next year?
I know that Mikey Johnston is putting on a comp in Jan. 24th: 2 day event with LW and HW pro's I believe,, He invited me to compete but I don't believe a pro card will be handed out even if I do good...
that's my B-day weekend so I mite as well compete.. I'm gonna be off work anyhow..
happy lifting to all..
SMJ77

Hey Ice,, do you know MIKE HEMLEP? He competes as a LW master 231.. He holds the axle and yoke and log record currently.. i get to train with him pretty often. Really good dude.. Hard worker as well.. Think he came in 2nd at Master Nats this year..

Last edited:
Hey Ice,, do you know MIKE HEMLEP? He competes as a LW master 231.. He holds the axle and yoke and log record currently.. i get to train with him pretty often. Really good dude.. Hard worker as well.. Think he came in 2nd at Master Nats this year..

Yep, met Mike at nationals this year. He came in 3rd and when you talk to him, let him know he can carry my gym bag at next years nationals :)
He is a beast actually, amazing overhead strength and lots of speed

Not activly competing at the moment, more like rehab sadly.

Last contact was in March, HI's Strogest Man. Have been dealing with a low back issue since. Trying to focus on my bench right now as it's shitty and about the only thing I can train hard. Good to see some other guys hitting hard as well.

Tattered that is a ton of shows! I have a hard enough time staying healthy just for the prep of one show, great year bro.

Monopoly

thanks monopoly,

I am hoping to end it on 12/20 in St Louis going for a national record log press, I hit 323 in training last week, and 335 secures me the record, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can :cool:

jfkdls;ajfkdls;af

good luck TA on 12/20.. If you can manage,, you should come to Florence, SC on Jan 24th and 25th.. It's a 105k pro show that's allowing an open HW comp inside it.. Just one big open weight class,, with the top 3 105k's taking the trophy's home.. Just ate lunch with Mike J. today and the events are gonna be great!! If you manage a record with the log you can come show off at this show.. the first event is a max log!!
events are as follows:
Day 1
max log
Yoke / chain drag (800, chain is about 500-600)
Farmer's walk: 320 a hand..150ft with turn at 75ft
atlas stones: 60 sec limit (260,300,330,360,380)
Day 2
Axle press reps 270lb.
block load sled drag: 250,275,315 drag sled after loading blocks 60ft.
Stone for Height: 300lb (this is my FAVORITE event!! I've done 72"!! go me!!)

Ill be there Joe ... look forward to meeting you ... I guess I got to work on 74" :( ... how tall are you?

Just RAW Bench

I compeated in my first meet in March, the APA, CT OPEN. Posted a RAW 450LB Bench @ 238 LB to win the Open and sub-master 242.

My current stats are, 5' 5" (165 cm) and about 238 lb (108 KG), a little on the watery side right now (help's with the heavy weights HA HA HA!!).

Looking forward to sharing information and learning as much as I can from the forum members. I love lifting and all the different sciences behind it!!!

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws