over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Who lost power?

incbb

Registered
with all the madness i hear thats going on in the east coast, hurricane now gas shortage

my question is to those who lost power, how long was it out? and most important what did you do during that time

tell your stories here

Selios Pharma

I didnt lose power thankfully, half my town did though. Two blocks away they were without it for 3 days

I'm in Jersey and I lost power for 4.5 days. Fortunately I had hot water and my stove that both are gas powered. all I needed to do was light the flame on the stove manually. But I could not store food for more than a day outside where it was 50 degrees or cooler. The tricky part was finding food to cook. THis whole thing screwed my competition plans and caused stress in my relataionship to the point where I finally realized a major priority change in my life, but that is a story for another time and place. My problems were minimal as i know people without insurance who lost there homes, vehicles, and all there possessions. There are towns out here that no longer exist because of this storm.

I'm in Jersey and I lost power for 4.5 days. Fortunately I had hot water and my stove that both are gas powered. all I needed to do was light the flame on the stove manually. But I could not store food for more than a day outside where it was 50 degrees or cooler. The tricky part was finding food to cook. THis whole thing screwed my competition plans and caused stress in my relataionship to the point where I finally realized a major priority change in my life, but that is a story for another time and place. My problems were minimal as i know people without insurance who lost there homes, vehicles, and all there possessions. There are towns out here that no longer exist because of this storm.

What did you do to keep warm in the house? They say some people are using their gas stoves to heat the house, crazy! Do you have a kerosene heater?

We just bundled up in warm clothing. It only got to 59 degrees inside. i know that sounds cold but it was easily 10 degrees colder outside. We spent one night up at my brother in laws place where there was power but he keep his apartment at 82 degrees and it was the worst night sleep I'd had in months. We basically went without heat but it turned out allright as it wasn't the dead of winter and we didn't freeze to death without our heat.

What did you do to keep warm in the house? They say some people are using their gas stoves to heat the house, crazy! Do you have a kerosene heater?

I still have no power in my place. Staying at a family members house because its cold as fuck in my apartment. I can't wait to get back to normal, my diet has gone to hell and I haven't worked out in over a week.

Last edited:
my block got about 3 feet of flood water, we lost power from sun - thur, there a people in my area that have been told it may take till the 11th for them to get it back. The gas situation is the real kick in the ass. The stations HAVE gas, just no electricity to pump it. And our idiot governor thought his rationing plan would work, but in my town (and quite a few others) it just made the lines twice as long. ah well - hopefully things will be back to normal soon.

I did live in seaside my condo is fine but the surrounding area is totally tucked, went to my parents and they had no power till Fri, no gym, no good food I was going crazy I can't believe how much I rely on modern conveinces. At least I'll be sore when I train later

3 days for us. No big deal. Fire up the generator. We r prepared for such things. Power goes out a lot here. A part of life in the mountains.

with all the madness i hear thats going on in the east coast, hurricane now gas shortage

my question is to those who lost power, how long was it out? and most important what did you do during that time

tell your stories here

Selios Pharma

i just got my power back on yesterday. its been ruff in my area in nj. i am blessed that i had no damage to my house but my familys shore house in pt pleasant is destroyed. we had to clear out 3 ft of sand, rip out the floors and throw everything inside both houses away. but i am very happy no one got hurt or killed, everyrjong can be re-built. good luck to everyone else affected by the storm and i hope wednesdays nor easter isnt bad!

Im in Jersey-just had power restored last night...the damage in our neighborhood wasnt too too bad but the surrounding areas got crushed. Got down to about 52 in the house at the coldest. Gym just got power back last night as well...I went to Costco and loaded up on the chicken as its vacuum sealed and has a long shelf life on ice. Did most of the cooking on my grill. All in all I feel pretty fortunate to have my family safe and my home intact...just a few miles away the devastation is gut wrenching...now there is another noreaster bearing down on us and I really feel for those already on the balls of their ass. I lived on the ocean at the time the noreaster of 92 rolled in-I lost everyting I owned that night-but that storm was nothing compared to Sandy and what shes done to the shore. My prayers go out to anyone affected by the storm and especially to those with no power still or worse yet no home.

lost power in jersey for a week.. Just got it back. Screwed up my diet and training but so many lost a lot more.

We live on the shoreline in CT. The power went out pretty early on Monday and took three days to come back on. It was a bit of an inconvenience due to the fact that both Anthro and I are in the middle of contest prep, but with others having lost huge parts of their lives (or even their actual lives) to the storm, we didn't have much to complain about. We filled coolers with ice for all of our precooked food, did our fresh cooking on a grill outside, drove 20min to find wi-fi to send emails and whatnot, and used the gym to shower. Thankfully a couple days of lost power was the only real issue we had.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131