over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Who maintains on low TRT?

BoredStiff

Registered
By low I actually mean normal 100-150mg per week. I've noticed the big trend for clinics is now 300mg of test per week and trying to maintain 1200-1500 levels for performance athletes or serious physique athletes.

I don't think I can notice any difference in strength or physique on 100mg or 200mg, (800ng/dl and 950ng/dl at trough, respectively) but I am curious if these higher numbers have anything backing them up

How many here are maintaining a decent amount of muscle on a lean frame with just a moderate TRT dose? About how often do you blast, if at all?

Ive known some big dudes maintaining on 100mg EW... So they said.

I was around 235 and went to 150mg for 6 months and kept almost all of it. I did however lose some strength, but I dont power lift so it wasnt an issue.

The lowest I go was 150mg but now I usually stay at 200mg just bc I feel better on that dose.

If I "blast" I do it sometimes once a year, maybe twice. I can still gain on 200mg so sometimes I dont feel like I need to, but if I do up my dosages its usually 750-1000mg of test and an oral or 500mg EQ. Usually not both. Ive even blasted at 500mg and 30mg dbol and seen good results. Blasting for cutting is more efficient for me than gaining size. If I up my dosages and reduce cals I see a greater difference in myself, rather than shooting a gram of gear and eating more. I guess you could say I enjoy the change in losing fat bc I do not lose any muscle. Then the 150-200 seems to hold about everything. This is noticeably different if I was using Winstrol just bc the water reduction and tightness kinda goes away a little.

EDIT: I will add that I am interested in some data on the difference in test levels you posted. At what point are they diminishing returns, or is it extra T that isnt utilized or noticeable)

By low I actually mean normal 100-150mg per week. I've noticed the big trend for clinics is now 300mg of test per week and trying to maintain 1200-1500 levels for performance athletes or serious physique athletes.

I don't think I can notice any difference in strength or physique on 100mg or 200mg, (800ng/dl and 950ng/dl at trough, respectively) but I am curious if these higher numbers have anything backing them up

How many here are maintaining a decent amount of muscle on a lean frame with just a moderate TRT dose? About how often do you blast, if at all?
I recently lowered my dose to 150mg/week after my bloods came back as being well into the blast range while only running between 250mg to 300mg/week. I definitely felt better at the higher dose, but for health purposes I wanted test levels below 1,500 for a period of time before blasting off again. Will be pulling bloods again in a couple weeks and hopefully levels are below that threshold.

I typically only cruise for 8 weeks, but cruising a little longer this time to hopefully get bloodwork looking a little better. Lipids were a little outta whack.

When this whole lockdown started, I was on a cycle of 300mg test E and 600mg EQ. When the gym closed, I decided to cruise on a TRT dose of .25ml every three days.
That’s only about 125mg/week. It’s the lowest dose I‘ve done, and I feel fantastic. My body weight is up a little, and I’m super lean and vascular. I
dropped to 100mg for s second, but I didn’t feel as good, so I bumped it back
up. .25mg is my sweet spot.

Yeah the diminishing returns would be so interesting because there's plenty of studies for well-being, libido, drive etc., which are great and important for TRT, but I am curious if there's a point, let's say, 1100ng/dl, where your capacity to maintain additional muscle past your "genetic limit", becomes possible. If so, thats an incentive to maybe go for higher doses. However, if you can maintain that on say, 700 ng/dl, then it might be a lot cheaper and better on your health to just go with a lower dose TRT cruise.

When this whole lockdown started, I was on a cycle of 300mg test E and 600mg EQ. When the gym closed, I decided to cruise on a TRT dose of .25ml every three days.
That’s only about 125mg/week. It’s the lowest dose I‘ve done, and I feel fantastic. My body weight is up a little, and I’m super lean and vascular. I
dropped to 100mg for s second, but I didn’t feel as good, so I bumped it back
up. .25mg is my sweet spot.

Yeah that's how I feel, and even physique wise I'm exactly the same size on 100-125 than when I cruised on 300 a few years back. The thing is I haven't blasted in years so it's not like I'm maintaining anything over my "genetic limit" and I do wonder if maybe you do need a higher TRT/cruise dose to maintain anything above genetic max

I maintain my physique on 125mg with occasionally 3iu of Gh. I usually blast once or twice a year with 6-900mg total but haven’t blasted in over a year due to the circumstances not being optimal to blast.

I’m not monstrous Big or shredded either at 5’10 225lbs

Not to hijack the thread, but would also be interesting to see how many are able to GAIN while on TRT. Just my .02

Not to hijack the thread, but would also be interesting to see how many are able to GAIN while on TRT. Just my .02
I feel like I could gain some weight if I dropped some of my cardio, upped my carbs and increased my workout intensity and used heavier weight.
Right now with gyms being closed, I’m forced into body weight and higher volume dumbbell and band workouts. Honestly, I’m pretty happy with the current results.

I am on 120mgs and feel like a million bucks. Bloods are also perfect. Keeps my total test around 850-950. I am 37 and I do take 2 IU of hgh a day 3 days a week and mk677 2-3 days a week. Kind of a weird protocol but I'm happy with it. I feel amazing and maintain muscle just fine. Strength is a little lower but hell I'm 5'8" 225 pounds and only eating 2500 calories a day with 45 minutes of cardio and I'm happy how I'm holding muscle and losing fat. I'll probably stay at this dose forever with maybe a couple bumps to 300mgs or so for short periods of time during the year.

Edit: I am not gaining though...which is ok. I imagine at this dose I physically cannot and will not gain. I'm ok with that.

double edit: I do think I could gain if (like poster above) I increased calories. I walked around 240-260 for many years and I think I could put some back on with this low of a dose but I would absolutely gain more fat with that muscle, I'm sure.

I am on 120mgs and feel like a million bucks. Bloods are also perfect. Keeps my total test around 850-950. I am 37 and I do take 2 IU of hgh a day 3 days a week and mk677 2-3 days a week. Kind of a weird protocol but I'm happy with it. I feel amazing and maintain muscle just fine. Strength is a little lower but hell I'm 5'8" 225 pounds and only eating 2500 calories a day with 45 minutes of cardio and I'm happy how I'm holding muscle and losing fat. I'll probably stay at this dose forever with maybe a couple bumps to 300mgs or so for short periods of time during the year.

Edit: I am not gaining though...which is ok. I imagine at this dose I physically cannot and will not gain. I'm ok with that.

double edit: I do think I could gain if (like poster above) I increased calories. I walked around 240-260 for many years and I think I could put some back on with this low of a dose but I would absolutely gain more fat with that muscle, I'm sure.

How many injections per week for the 120 mg ?

Good job on the GH dosing !

I always run it 3-4 x a week and i love it , and most importantly it doesnt affect my insulin sensivity

I am too finished with mega doses and i owe it to Maldorf

12,5 mg Norma test e for me ed and 2 iu saizen gh

Much respect

How many injections per week for the 120 mg ?

Good job on the GH dosing !

I always run it 3-4 x a week and i love it , and most importantly it doesnt affect my insulin sensivity

I am too finished with mega doses and i owe it to Maldorf

12,5 mg Norma test e for me ed and 2 iu saizen gh

Much respect

I was always a huge sissy with doses but tended to stay on low doses a long time. At one point I took tren about a year straight at 100-125 mgs a week. I’d also just have times I wouldn’t take anything randomly for weeks. Basically long term low, but inconsistent doses of whatever I honestly almost never went over 300-400 total mgs but was on all the time. Spent about 2 years on 200test/150masteron. Was always stuff like that.

so currently how often I inject depends on work schedule. I work from home when not traveling normally so when I’m on the road (often tues-thurs) I’ll drop to 2-3 times a week but right now I’m doing 5-6 times a week, which I like.

I also agree I love the hgh 3-4 times a week! Do you do it consecutively or like eod with the hgh?

Always eod it works best for me

Im huge on keeping insulin sensivity

TRT dosage AND what your test levels are highly individual. For instance, I've used 200mgs per week and hit 1700+ levels. Other guys i know have to hit 350mg to get that same thing. It basically forces everyone to do a decent amount of testing to see where you are landing. Also, see if the ester causes any changes.

Get on 150mg of Test E, test yourself after a month.
Check 150 of Prop, what does that look like?

I have been able to maintain 265-285lbs on 250mgs per week BUT i also keep my cals high. Its not all just hormones, its how hard you're training and what your calories are too.

TRT dosage AND what your test levels are highly individual. For instance, I've used 200mgs per week and hit 1700+ levels. Other guys i know have to hit 350mg to get that same thing. It basically forces everyone to do a decent amount of testing to see where you are landing. Also, see if the ester causes any changes.

Get on 150mg of Test E, test yourself after a month.
Check 150 of Prop, what does that look like?

I have been able to maintain 265-285lbs on 250mgs per week BUT i also keep my cals high. Its not all just hormones, its how hard you're training and what your calories are too.
totally. its not the dose, its where the dose puts you. proper dosed test gives my 8x dose average levels, meaning halfway from peak to trough, 100mg puts me at 800.
for the last few years tho ive had underdosed stuff..so i gotta use more. only 1 ugl in that time was good

Not counting the last few months I usually cruise on 150mg test and I can maintain just fine. I obviously lose that on look but I usually do ok and can maintain about 240-250 pounds. I just get a little softer and lose "pop" but it's nothing overly bad. Now I haven't stayed on 150mg for very long periods so I could worsen over time but maintaining is much easier than guys realize. It's not so common now but in the past I knew quite a few people who thought if they went below approx 500mg their bodies would disappear and as a result they stayed on blast doses all year. I think more people realize now if they fall down to approx 250mg test they should be just fine.

Now DK0223 asked about making gains and well that would depend upon your stats. A guy who is 260 pounds and shredded and at his all time best on 2 grams if he drops down to 200mg test he obviously isn't going to be making any gains and will struggle to even maintain his look. Now a guy who is 260 pounds and 15% bf on a big blast well he could still improve but he would lose weight but he could still make "gains" on 200mg test. You don't need a lot of AAS to maintain muscle but you can definitely make yourself look better on a cruise if you weren't great to begin with. So for most people the best they can do is maintain on trt but there are definitely exceptions to the rule.

Not counting the last few months I usually cruise on 150mg test and I can maintain just fine. I obviously lose that on look but I usually do ok and can maintain about 240-250 pounds. I just get a little softer and lose "pop" but it's nothing overly bad. Now I haven't stayed on 150mg for very long periods so I could worsen over time but maintaining is much easier than guys realize. It's not so common now but in the past I knew quite a few people who thought if they went below approx 500mg their bodies would disappear and as a result they stayed on blast doses all year. I think more people realize now if they fall down to approx 250mg test they should be just fine.

Now DK0223 asked about making gains and well that would depend upon your stats. A guy who is 260 pounds and shredded and at his all time best on 2 grams if he drops down to 200mg test he obviously isn't going to be making any gains and will struggle to even maintain his look. Now a guy who is 260 pounds and 15% bf on a big blast well he could still improve but he would lose weight but he could still make "gains" on 200mg test. You don't need a lot of AAS to maintain muscle but you can definitely make yourself look better on a cruise if you weren't great to begin with. So for most people the best they can do is maintain on trt but there are definitely exceptions to the rule.
Hey brother. I made a separate thread, so I didn’t jack the op’s

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members