over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Who needs DNP when you have a PSMF!!

NY Muscle

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Been dabbling with PSMF lately and since I am so lean probably sub 5-6% and going on vacation in a few weeks I finally was able to get rid of my fear of calorie reduction (I always prefer a ton of cardio vs lowering cals) so figured I would try it. The fact that cardio is not really needed nor is it even recommended while on a PSMF, it intrigued me to say the least and I think I am losing muscle with the cardio.

Well from someone who has run DNP a few times with stellar results, I am here to say that DNP is nothing compared to a PSMF. Fuckin-A! The only thing that is similar is the fact you don't have much umpf in the gym, you are pretty fucking blasted from the low fat/cals. But you don't feel hot or sick as shit like on DNP. And the planned refeeds and free meals make it fun as fuck and you blow up...I added 5lbs the other day post mini refeed (400gms of carbs) and looked insane in the gym the next few days.

Anyone ever dabble in a PSMF? Because it is so effective its only supposed to be used short term.

I am following Lyle McDonald's protocol via his book the Rapid Fat Loss Handbook.

Lyle is a genius, even if you dislike him. I have followed him since the mfw days. Like is the case with most everything, some things work better for some individuals and some don't. Lyle is Lyle, love him or hate him, he is brilliant at the nutrition and training aspect of everything.

Chipper:
That's the medical one not the one BBs do. Protein is set at 2 grams per pound of body weight and carbs and fat are like next to nothing

My pants are literally falling off me.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk 2

And the reason why I think it works so phenomenal on me is because I already eat a ketogenic diet so my bodys preferred fuel source is already fat and since I'm not feeding it much fat it is forced to eat up all the remaining body fat stores... its pretty wicked to say the least.

The only comparison that I could tell you guys that you would definitely understand its like the last week before a bodybuilding show when you increase your water like two or four gallons and then all the sudden you restrict your water... your body keeps removing the water so that's what's happening with me with regards to all the fat I used to eat and my body would burn now I'm not giving it any fat and is continuing to burn massive amounts of body fat.

So, you're just eating protein if im understanding correctly?

Why not do that and use dnp then? :D

Chipper:
That's the medical one not the one BBs do. Protein is set at 2 grams per pound of body weight and carbs and fat are like next to nothing

My pants are literally falling off me.

Ahh. OK. Got it.

I'll read into this.

Knowledge is power.

So, you're just eating protein if im understanding correctly?

Why not do that and use dnp then? :D

15 to 20 gms of fat and carbs.
Protein very high

DNP is a joke compared to psmf. And the 2 together is stupid.

I think your last post is critical. If you are not fat adapted you may catabolize muscle. High volume training and steady state cardio will use glucose regardless. So high intensity training may be a better choice.

So many variables. OP, glad to hear you found a method that works perfect for you.

The funny thing is when I started last week which is about 4 weeks until vacation I thought I was going to be cutting it close with four weeks left until my vacation but it turns out with this new diet I'm Way ahead of schedule and I have to slow down a little bit

Actually some clown and Lyle's board did DNP and PSMF...I don't know why these kids just don't shoot themselves in the head lol

My biggest concern with doing both would be the risk of muscle loss and you're going to be in such a calorie deficit that I just think there's easier ways to doing it.

I pretty much do the same thing but use dnp also. Its difficult, but works.

Egg whites, chicken breast, spinach, kale, and asparagus.

Primrose oil, fish oil caps, ect and that's pretty much it.

I do PSMF when I diet,=. And did when I was at my biggest. Everytime, I stalled I upped the dose.

I never had a bad workout, always got pumped and looked my absolute best. '

I was also on a shit ton of gear.

So how was your caloric intake, diet and exercise on DNP compared to now?

I don't remember what I was doing with regards to diet and exercise with DNP other than the fact that DNP pretty much knocks you on your ass. With regards to the psmf I am cutting down my intensity in the gym in half and only working out 3 days a week instead of 5. Cardio has been reduced to just a brisk walk a couple of days a week in the morning on the treadmill.

With DNP you feel hot and sweaty and shitty and can't sleep and in the gym you just feel like going home...on at psmf it just feels like your gas tank is empty and you have to take a lot of rest and light weight. PSMF is done short term.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420