over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

WHO ON THE BOARD WILL BE DOING NATIONALS

balplayer

Banned
THIS YEAR OR THE NEXT?
IM GOING FOR 2004 JR NATIONALS AND THE NATIONALS LATER THAT YEAR IF THINGS GO WELL. WHO ELSE IS ON THEIR WAY?

I know that instynct, dpsquat and bigheinz (where's that big lug been anyways?) are going for it.

xcel

I'll be doing jr nats this year....watch out for JJ..Lghthvy.

jbomb

The USA's next year is my goal...240+ on stage next year...

chris

BTW- Looks like I found some work, and will be making some decent (good but not great) money...again, so I plan on going back up to the 285-290 area again...Right now, im holding at 270-272....

Hey man, congratulations on getting work. I know what it's like to be laid off.

Thanks bro,

Yeah, the last 4 months have been hell on me...Not working and having all this free time, you would think that training and eating would be easy. But, really its not...you dont have a set schedule and you forget about things (eating ,ect) and let things go...

chris

I did Jr. USAs this year. Next year I'm going to hit a Jr. show and Nats or USA

I plan on USA'a next year

Probably

Jr's or Nationals in 2004 for me.
I'll be training under Wylde for these. ;)

2004 Jrs at 285...well ok Im 6'3 so not really a big deal. but thats the plan!! Good luck to everyone doing stuff this year!!!

DIEZEL666 said:
Hey man, congratulations on getting work. I know what it's like to be laid off.

Tell me about that. I just got laid off from my job of 10yrs. 2 months into job search and now getting bored. It was OK being off at first-as I sent resumes to every place that does my type of work in the metro area. Now its just a wait for a position to open.

No offense to you guys, but, don't you think your jumping ahead of yourselves by doing ONE contest and then making plans for National level contests. Look at the pros and you'll see it took most of them 5-8 years from the time they did their first contest to the time they did the nationals. You have to slowly and methodically build muscle maturity over the years, not days. I'm sincerely not trying to degrade or flame you guys, it's just that some of you are just not realistic. If it were me, I'd want someone to tell me the truth and give me a reality check. You might want to compare yourselves to some of the upper echelon amateurs like Chris, Elite, Homo, DP. Jethro/getting close(I mention these guys because they have recent pics posted), and a few others. I may be offbase here, but I don't think so. One last thing, I'm definitely not saying you guys won't get there,(I do believe in all of you) I just don't think it's going to happen over night.

Queefer said:
No offense to you guys, but, don't you think your jumping ahead of yourselves by doing ONE contest and then making plans for National level contests. Look at the pros and you'll see it took most of them 5-8 years from the time they did their first contest to the time they did the nationals. You have to slowly and methodically build muscle maturity over the years, not days. I'm sincerely not trying to degrade or flame you guys, it's just that some of you are just not realistic. If it were me, I'd want someone to tell me the truth and give me a reality check. You might want to compare yourselves to some of the upper echelon amateurs like Chris, Elite, Homo, DP. Jethro/getting close(I mention these guys because they have recent pics posted), and a few others. I may be offbase here, but I don't think so. One last thing, I'm definitely not saying you guys won't get there,(I do believe in all of you) I just don't think it's going to happen over night.

Not sure where that post came from?? Who were you really speaking to? "you guys"?? Personally, unless you've seen pics you have no idea *who* is on the board and what they look like... ANYONE could step into a Jr. show first... win it then do nationals and win a pro card later that year. Its happened in the past. Dont count anyone out, you never know who's waiting on the sidelines to jump in and kick ass!!!

IQ

Queefer said:
You might want to compare yourselves to some of the upper echelon amateurs like Chris, Elite, Homo, DP. Jethro/getting close(I mention these guys because they have recent pics posted), and a few others. I may be offbase here, but I don't think so. One last thing, I'm definitely not saying you guys won't get there,(I do believe in all of you) I just don't think it's going to happen over night.

I understand where you're coming from here, Queefer. I guess for some the decision depends upon what your purpose in competing is. Are you there to WIN, or there for experience and to do a high quality show (where none of the guys look like they made up their mind that morning to do the show).

I don't know that there's anything wrong with either, as long as you are respectable. I've heard the horror stories of the prejudging cuts at Nationals and USA's. (20 guys bust ass for weeks and then only get to do a few mandatories, then sent home.) I don't think it looks like anyone who's posting is in that category, but I haven't seen pics of everyone.

Funny you mention me in that group of guys. The closest I have come to qualifying in an NQ was a 4th place finish in my wt. class. BTW, that is going to change

Maybe there ought to be a more refined tier system than just NQ vs. not NQ. I know the Jr's are supposed to come before Nats & USA's, but there is nothing stopping an 5'10" athlete from taking 2nd place in a close call in the lightweights in the Mr. Backwoods Muscle Classic and going directly to the USA's, where he is demolished.

Maybe anyone can chime it: are there some NQ shows that you think really shouldn't be national qualifiers?...

-Randy

I pretty much agree with how the NQ system is worked out. Yeah, I'm a fbb but still we have the same rules. Top 2 in each weight class. If you cant come in top 2 then you shouldnt step foot on a national stage and look even with the others. Again of course there are just days where everyone at a NQ shows up and doesnt look great anyways and the top 2 suck.... but thats life.

Realistically if more people qualified Nationally it would make for a HORRIBLE prejudging. Just sitting at the Jr. Nationals last year was rediculous how LONG it took. Which is why this year, us women.. are getting screwed and having fitness and womens bbing on Friday with night show on saturday and the mens go all saturday instead. Its just too many people doing these levels of shows now, especially men. Tons of men and all with such great potential.

It sucks to go into a national level show and not place top 10 or 15 or whatever and get sent home but if you're not at that level you shouldnt go, and you SHOULDN'T make it to finals... thats just my opinion. (for national shows) Local and national qualifiers, everyone should go and participate. Its great!!

IQ

"I pretty much agree with how the NQ system is worked out. Yeah, I'm a fbb but still we have the same rules. Top 2 in each weight class. If you cant come in top 2 then you shouldnt step foot on a national stage and look even with the others. Again of course there are just days where everyone at a NQ shows up and doesnt look great anyways and the top 2 suck.... but thats life."

---

That's the thing - those bad days are not random. The California championships I'm guessing are probably tougher than the equivalent in, lets say Idaho (w/ not disrespect to Idaho - BB is simply not as popular there). Some shows the worst could be the best at others, but they are both NQ's.

------
"Realistically if more people qualified Nationally it would make for a HORRIBLE prejudging. Just sitting at the Jr. Nationals last year was rediculous how LONG it took. Which is why this year, us women.. are getting screwed and having fitness and womens bbing on Friday with night show on saturday and the mens go all saturday instead. Its just too many people doing these levels of shows now, especially men. Tons of men and all with such great potential."
---------

Agreed!!! That would be the point of having a tiered system. It could be done right now with what 's in place, simply by:

The basic hierarchy could look like this:
- Basic, city level shows (must qualify here to compete at state / reg. level shows

- Regional / State level shows (basically current NQ's) - qualify here to go to Jr. national level.

- Jr. National level shows - qualify here for Nat. level shows

- National level shows (IFBB qualifiers

- IFBB

-Randy

queffer,

i understand your comments. i myself am well within reality and if i need a check i go see phil when i can and he lays it down for me. i entered my first show last november (nq) and won it. im 26 years old and ive been training hard for alot of years drug free. so ive been waiting in the wings to let my body mature before i added in any supps as i now have. so now im doing 2 more shows within the next 8 weeks and i plan on doing much better(overall) this time. so yes i know some need to be realistic and such but i am, and if i dont make my goal then so be it, but i wont ever stop until i know for sure im not cut out for it, or until somebody kills me i wont stop believing i can. and within this year and the next i will have the opportunity to compete with some of the board members and thats so great because ive learned so much from them. so i respect everyone here and hope to keep learning from them. thanks for the replies everyone

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear