over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Who takes Carb Blockers?

Dvo36

Registered
Just curious what your thoughts on these are? I know diabetics who have been prescribed pills, but Was wondering if anyone has tried any of the over the counter supplements. Unfortunately we all know the deal when it comes to prescription vs supplement with the FDA.

I do. I put my hand in front of my mouth so that carb-rich food are blocked from entering.

Just curious what your thoughts on these are? I know diabetics who have been prescribed pills, but Was wondering if anyone has tried any of the over the counter supplements. Unfortunately we all know the deal when it comes to prescription vs supplement with the FDA.

lazy fucks who cant control themselves from eating excess carbs

That’s kind of what I thought. A guy who’s competing ina couple months mentioned he uses them once in a while. Didn’t know if I missed something along the way. The most logical approach to me was limit them.

I wouldn't call what Diabetics are prescribed as carb blockers. They use medication to control insulin. Many bodybuilders use OTC Glucose Disposal Agents (GDAs) to do the same. Probably the most effective is Berberine.

Metformin and Berberine come to mind

What the hell is a carb blocker??

I use metformin daily but I follow a lower carb diet anyway.

Meds that mimic insulin as glucose disposal agents have a use but if you're using them just so you can binge then you have bigger issues to deal with.

if something does block carbs, that means that it would prevent digestion / absorption which can lead to some unpleasant side effects and trips to the bathroom for many..main reason the last carb blocker / non-absorbable calorie - craze ended.

WE CALL THEM INSULIN SENSITIZERS, THE NAME CARB BLOCKER IS A FUCKING MISNOMER.

/hosebeatendead

Look into a peptide called FGF21. Monkeys lost weight on it without reducing food intake.

I use met, I feel like I look better on it than off of it. I also have a bottle of "white kidney bean extract" at home which is marketed as a carb blocker but I've never used it enough to judge it.

why? carbs dont make u fat. excess calories do. thats ALL that does.
jesus christ. oh wait. insulin spike, right?
except fats/proteins spike insulin as much as, or more, than carbs do.
https://weightology.net/insulin-an-undeserved-bad-reputation/
so much nonsense on forums.

Mmmmmmmm

So a chicken breast will spike insulin as much if not more than a plate of waffles? :eek:

But in all seriousness, ive seen those articles and I’m very skeptical.. I look very different eating the same amount of calories with carbs than without them... Not to mention feel extremely different..

I believe you’re referring to white kidney bean extract....aka. Phase 2

Mmmmmmmm

So a chicken breast will spike insulin as much if not more than a plate of waffles? :eek:

But in all seriousness, ive seen those articles and I’m very skeptical.. I look very different eating the same amount of calories with carbs than without them... Not to mention feel extremely different..

He is right even if he came off like an ass in his post. All the research shows if calories are equal, ratio of carbs to fats doesn't change how the person looks or how much he weighs after a year. There was a study the other day, however, showing in a high calorie keto diet, strength athletes lost fat but didn't gain much muscle. So carbs are better for muscle building in a surplus, but total caloric intake is the most important factor in a weight loss diet. I recently switched from higher carb to very low carb and don't look much different. Lost 2lbs but that's most likely because my calories are slightly lower.

I'd be interested to see a bodybuilder try a contest prep going full keto but with his usual calorie intake in that situation and see if there is a difference. No bodybuilders seem willing to try because they know carbs work but it would be interesting.

He is right even if he came off like an ass in his post. All the research shows if calories are equal, ratio of carbs to fats doesn't change how the person looks or how much he weighs after a year. There was a study the other day, however, showing in a high calorie keto diet, strength athletes lost fat but didn't gain much muscle. So carbs are better for muscle building in a surplus, but total caloric intake is the most important factor in a weight loss diet. I recently switched from higher carb to very low carb and don't look much different. Lost 2lbs but that's most likely because my calories are slightly lower.

I'd be interested to see a bodybuilder try a contest prep going full keto but with his usual calorie intake in that situation and see if there is a difference. No bodybuilders seem willing to try because they know carbs work but it would be interesting.

It seems like Evan said he prepped for a show using keto once

Im not sure man, I feel like if it was just calories more people would diet on ice-cream and chicken lol

I just don’t see how it makes such an extreme difference when gaining but not losing. Let’s say I ate the ice cream every night for extra calories and lots of good food too but lots of shit food... I’d get fat as hell if I ate enough, though I particularly have a super fast metabolism (depending on metabolism, right? Faster means less fat gain while doing this, but say a person is regular).

So a regular person eats his ass off and gets fat, but yet let’s say needs 2k cals to cut, can eat the same foods that got him fat in less amounts and get super shredded? I doubt it... Lose weight, sure. That’s very general though. You can be 250lbs 35% bodyfat and eat less ice-cream and get to 225lbs 20% sure, which still isn’t great but you look better I get it. But can this regular person get into contest shape doing that? Or even get sub 10% beach body and hold it? I’m not sure...

That’s what I mean..

Sounds more like the study/you are talking about maintaining?

“If calories are equal, just ratios of carbs/fats change, body doesn’t change”

Which kinda doesn’t make sense to me either cause if I eat let’s say 3k cals with carbs I’m way more full physically than if I eat the same of just fat and protein, as a matter of fact I’m sure during Keto I’ve gone over the calories of the carb/mix meals and I actually lose and feel less full lol

But like I said, I have a very fast metabolism and I like to eat until I’m full and I can’t eat another bite.. Not until I have my calorie needs lol.. So the information about diets and how I react etc are kinda old.. Been going by feel and eating when I’m hungry/what I’m hungry for since last August... The only thing I STRICTLY DO is Fasting.. I fast 16/8 on weekdays and sometimes do 24 hour fasts and I do 12/12 or 14/10 on the weekends...

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131