over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

who uses fruit as a main carb source?

I've been using a juicer for vegetables and fruits (kale, swiss shard, broccoli, apples, pears, carrots, celery, cucumber, oranges, beets --(tomatoes and strawberries occasionally) Could i use this for most of my carbs instead of whole fruits/veggies..or is the lack of fiber a problem with using the juice versus the whole fruit? I really enjoy the refreshing taste of homemade juice and the benefits of the phytonutrients, vitamins etc.. im thinking a combo of brown rice for few meals and juice for a few others.

just some feedback ..

I reduced some starchy carbs at 2 meals today and incorporated pineapple in one and apple slices in the other..

What I experienced was less bloat energy was the same hunger signal was the same.. Felt lighter all day ..

I had been afraid of adding fruti to my diet in fear of the fructose adding to fat gains and filling the liver however if consumed in safe amounts with protein and fat I think it can be a great addition...

I love fruit but with me being on ckd right now I can only eat them once a week on my carb day. That has been the hardest thing for me, I really miss my apples, blueberries and pinnaple

fruit all the way, I feel energetic, active and allow me eat a lot and lost fat as same time !!!!!

I know watermelon is very high in fruitos simple sugar that's a faster acting carb.So i wouldn't go nuts with it if you want to stay lean.i forget what it is but its high for how little it was.

Some thoughts of fructose-triglyces cholesterol?? :/:lightbulb:

My favorite fruit is dark chocolate.. A couple 1-2 oz servings per day.. The beneficial properties of cacao are numerous..

My favorite fruit is dark chocolate.. A couple 1-2 oz servings per day.. The beneficial properties of cacao are numerous..

Why not just take raw cocoa ,,, your only getting an extract from chocolate and how certain are you that its what the label claims also the hygrogenated fats used in chocolate im sure has more negatives then the positive of consuming the cocoa in that chocolate

Fruit and veggies are my go to foods when dieting. Especially the sweet ones like butternut squash, or some turnips with some stevia on it. Also instead of spaghetti which has tons of calories I use a squash called Spaghetti squash, and put a homeade tomato sauce on it and its amazingly good and also super low in calories.

Why not just take raw cocoa ,,, your only getting an extract from chocolate and how certain are you that its what the label claims also the hygrogenated fats used in chocolate im sure has more negatives then the positive of consuming the cocoa in that chocolate

I due use raw cocao in my shakes.. I buy quality dark chocolate (at least 70% cocao).. Free from any hydrogenated oils, soy emulsifiers, and pesticides.. I am going to venture into making my own chocolate.. It's pretty easy.. A sweetener like cane sugar, stevia, or lo han.. A fat mixure of coconut oil, grass fed butter, and/or cocoa butter. Cocoa butter is rich in stearic acid and flavanols.. And raw cocao..

What do people think to Ben Pakulski anwer on fruit as main carb source?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57d-NFHuuRY]Fruit as Main Carbohydrate Source? Answered by Ben Pakulski - YouTube[/ame]

My carbs come pre/during/post and post post workout...about 50g in each..this is when dieting.

Im finding oats, rice, potatoes etc all bloat me.

I mean...fruits are natural, full of vits and minerals...

Im unsure what to do.

In your personal opinions...

Phil...Emeric, GunSmith etc..

Pre workout, post and post post what would be your ideal choices?
Intra i use Vitargo so won't really need to change that.

Thanks

looked my best after I cut out fruits from my menu may be 2 yrs ago,feel best on organic white rice basmati and oats energy wise. and yes the reason I did it was due to this liver glycogen thingy. strangely I feel most energetic without a carb src in a meal sure that's not a good sign even that lots of people report the energy burst

I have been on a calorie deficit for just over 24 days. For 6 days of the week my only carbs have been 1 medium banana preworkout and 6oz of pomegranate juice post.
Every 7th day I eat about 300 grams carbs from whatever. I have went for 223 to a pretty tight 206 in 24 days and feel great.
My macros looked like this:
Protein 375g
Fat 72g
Carb 60g
calories 2368
%macros>>
pro 63%
fat 28%
carb 10%

17 lbs in 24 days is impressive. What chemical supplements were you taking to enhance your metabolism and support muscle retention during this time? Also, how much of your protein came from whole foods and how much from protein powder?

Thanks

We need a Biochemist/nutritionist to speak up... I keep hearing this "fructose stores only in liver as glycogen or converted into a triglycerols, but starches are more readily absorbed as muscle glycogen"

Gooey

Hey Gooey,

You are correct on the enzymatic process. The reason the myth is propagated around is as another poster said earlier. It really came about from "efficiency" regarding insulin spiking and how fast we can replenish muscle glycogen.

"The lyle mcdonald reference" is probably a main contributor.

I remember arguments between Milos and Nichols and a debate on fruit for carbs. That is where I first heard about it at least...

I do have a degree in Biochemistry since you were asking for a response, but it doesn't mean I know shit about anything to be honest with you lol. Hell, the books sometimes don't know anything either.

I use fruits as my main carb source. I mix frozen fruits in with my protien shakes. I also enjoy many other fresh fruits but try to stay away from bananas and stick with apples or pears. Grapes are good for a snack anytime as well. Sometimes I will treat myself and go with a pineapple or melons of various kinds.

Are there any negatives to just fruits...

What would good choices be 60 mins pre gym then 45 mins post?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I like fruits but usually i don't use them as a carb source. Only sometimes for pleasure.

for a long while I ate fruit as my main carb source, nowadays its about 50/50 between fruits and starches. I think a balance is better and I feel like my energy and mental drive while training is better with some starches too. I like white rice and sweet potato.

I disagree with fruit only restoring your liver glycogen not muscle glycogen. Fruit is usually a mix of fructose and glucose. The fructose it converted to glucose in the liver hence it being claimed to first replenish the stores within the liver, but it is converted to glucose, so of course in the end it is broken down to glucose just like any carb is.

By the way, that watermelon is surprisingly low in carbs, it is mostly water. Weigh out a big portion of water melon and you'll see there isnt a tonne of sugar there. So on a hot day if it keeps your appetite up I'd say go ahead and eat it. Unless you're dieting of course. But even on a diet watermelon and other very watery fruits like raspberries can be an effective choice imo as you can eat a lot of it before the calories/carbs start really adding up.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear