over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

who uses fruit as a main carb source?

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I was just wondering how many people use alot of fruit in their diets as a main source for carbs , I have a bunch of watermellons getting ripe and was wondering how much of that stuff i can eat daily , it sure is alot more refreshing to eat than a cup of brown rice during the heat of the day

I was just wondering how many people use alot of fruit in their diets as a main source for carbs , I have a bunch of watermellons getting ripe and was wondering how much of that stuff i can eat daily , it sure is alot more refreshing to eat than a cup of brown rice during the heat of the day

i know a few pro bb's that do eat fresh fruit but its mainly an offseason thing. keep in mind fruit stores into liver stores. not muscle. sure u can use fruit as a good preworkout cb source but id rather be eating potatoes and rice myself. also some of u may be all about the low and hi gi levels of food. watermelon is on the higher end of the gi scale. just food for thought

oH

i know a few pro bb's that do eat fresh fruit but its mainly an offseason thing. keep in mind fruit stores into liver stores. not muscle. sure u can use fruit as a good preworkout cb source but id rather be eating potatoes and rice myself. also some of u may be all about the low and hi gi levels of food. watermelon is on the higher end of the gi scale. just food for thought

You mean on a calorie surplus? If yes, is this a bad thing? What about a calorie deficient diet? Is this a bad thing? Someone who lifts heavy weights also? Someone on HRT also? Every calorie of the fruit and all fruits?

Well i have been eating fruit for quite some time now and it serves me well... Lost weight (fat) and gained some size.. If your eating by hunger and trying to gain size potatoes that arent sweet or yams are an appetite suppresant... Plus fruit is a nice break from the bland tastes of rice and other starchy carb sources.. 1/2 cup of oats and a couple tbsp of craisins is about 35 carbs and tastes great.. I have had people i train eating fruit for a while and i have yet to hear a complaint.. But to each their own.. Some things work better for others..

you callin me a fruit bro?

I did for a while and when I go back to eating more I will definitely add much more back in simply because my digestive system can only handle a certain amount of standard fibrous "bodybuilding carbs" before I get bloated and gassy.

Well i have been eating fruit for quite some time now and it serves me well... Lost weight (fat) and gained some size.. If your eating by hunger and trying to gain size potatoes that arent sweet or yams are an appetite suppresant... Plus fruit is a nice break from the bland tastes of rice and other starchy carb sources.. 1/2 cup of oats and a couple tbsp of craisins is about 35 carbs and tastes great.. I have had people i train eating fruit for a while and i have yet to hear a complaint.. But to each their own.. Some things work better for others..

ur right bro, im not knocking fruit at all. i thought u meant as ur total carb source. no grains or anything like that at all. during my diets i make sure to have apples all the way until i get stuck. usually small ones with meal 1

ur right bro, im not knocking fruit at all. i thought u meant as ur total carb source. no grains or anything like that at all. during my diets i make sure to have apples all the way until i get stuck. usually small ones with meal 1

Carbs coming from diverse sources im sure everyone would agree are the best options... Its just a matter of what combos make YOU feel the best.. I wouldnt eat a buch of food that makes me feel ill.. Training isnt me or my life its just something we do you know?!?!

Well , I'm working in the heat alot lately and though i'm hungry and feel the need for food eating much makes me sick.

So i was thinking about smaller higher calorie meals like 6oz chicken breast , 1 cup of mellon and a tablespoon of coconut oil.

Gives a macro breakdown of roughly
40 g protein
12 g carbs
18 g fat (4 from chicken 14 from oil)

I eat oatmeal in the AM and likely have some brown rice or sweet potatos in the eveing but during the heat of the day it just seems like to much , the watermelon seems to digest pretty quick or at least doesn't take up much space for long at all

Well , I'm working in the heat alot lately and though i'm hungry and feel the need for food eating much makes me sick.

So i was thinking about smaller higher calorie meals like 6oz chicken breast , 1 cup of mellon and a tablespoon of coconut oil.

Gives a macro breakdown of roughly
40 g protein
12 g carbs
18 g fat (4 from chicken 14 from oil)

I would totally agree.. Im in an office now but i remember those days of working in the 100 degree heat. no appetite at all.. Now my house is warmer at night and when i get home after 6 im rarely hungry.. Maybe eat a couple times.. Heavy foods just dont make me feel well..

Fruit

I have been on a calorie deficit for just over 24 days. For 6 days of the week my only carbs have been 1 medium banana preworkout and 6oz of pomegranate juice post.
Every 7th day I eat about 300 grams carbs from whatever. I have went for 223 to a pretty tight 206 in 24 days and feel great.
My macros looked like this:
Protein 375g
Fat 72g
Carb 60g
calories 2368
%macros>>
pro 63%
fat 28%
carb 10%

You mean on a calorie surplus? If yes, is this a bad thing? What about a calorie deficient diet? Is this a bad thing? Someone who lifts heavy weights also? Someone on HRT also? Every calorie of the fruit and all fruits?

I love how phil can just scramble your brain. LOL:headbang:

Fruit

as my ONLY carb source. YES it works. WATERMELON is wonderful for this too, since it has what good stuff Tomato's have in it.

Only carb source, well besides the carbs in the LBA's.

lean protein, good fats, fruit, makes a good meal.

i include fruit (mostly apples, berries, grapefruit due to their low GI) in 3-5 out of my 6 meals.

thats during cut or bulk.

just depends when and how much you eat.

when im cutting i include them in breakfast, pre and post workout

when bulking its any meal i please.

I have been on a calorie deficit for just over 24 days. For 6 days of the week my only carbs have been 1 medium banana preworkout and 6oz of pomegranate juice post.
Every 7th day I eat about 300 grams carbs from whatever. I have went for 223 to a pretty tight 206 in 24 days and feel great.
My macros looked like this:
Protein 375g
Fat 72g
Carb 60g
calories 2368
%macros>>
pro 63%
fat 28%
carb 10%
whoa bro you're not eating :eek:

what about the nat sugar in fruit? bad or good?

fruit sugar?

I'm not an expert, but I was on LOW CARB for 4-5 months straight, I switched to Fruit as a carb source, and for me it was high carbs, I lost 10 lbs in a little over a month, this was on top of the weight I lost on low carbs, so it works, just works differently.

I don't feel like absolute crap like I did on Low carbs either. I feel great, very little cravings, and I get full each time I eat.

sometimes people use the GI argument against fruit or fructose is bad, what they don't understand is that most fruit have a LOWER GI than a lot of the "bodybuilder" type complex carbs and fruit only has some fructose, not all of the sugar is fructose.

Fruit is good stuff.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost