over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Who Uses or Used Amlodipine (Norvasc)?

Bio

Staff member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I started Amlodipine two weeks ago and it didn't go well. I suddenly felt tired, angry...very angry and suddenly depressed. Despite what some of you might think of me...LOL...I'm the type of guy that talks, laughs and jokes with people where ever I go, so this was really uncharacteristic of me to feel like this. I only used it 4 or 5 days and then stopped. I'm feeling much better now. Has anyone else had this effect from Amlodipine (Norvasc)?

I do...not as effective as Lisinopril or Clonidine...but I am always angry and aggressive and take meds for that too, so it doesnt make much difference to me, might give u boner issues...

Last edited:
honestly,most ppl find it NOT very effective after a few weeks of use....I did, my best friend did, my dad (who s a doctor ) also found it not very effective long term...

I've been using Norvasc for years with no ill sides....

Bio, dose? 5 mg seems to be the safe spot for most people. 10mg can cause swelling in the lower extremities. My opinion is there are much more effective medications to treat hypertension.

Bio, dose? 5 mg seems to be the safe spot for most people. 10mg can cause swelling in the lower extremities. My opinion is there are much more effective medications to treat hypertension.

That's the funny thing, it was only 2.5mg. Maybe I need to give it another go around and see what happens.

That's the funny thing, it was only 2.5mg. Maybe I need to give it another go around and see what happens.

Docs got you on the lowest dose.. I like him already. Some guys start their patients too high and have to scale back instead of starting low and working up only if needed.

I would give it another shot, if the mood changes occur again present it to the doctor. These side effects are possible with calcium channel blockers, albeit rare.

I have been using norvasc for years and I don't recall ever having any side effects from it but maybe been on so long just forgot if I did. However as it's been for a long time I take them but don't even notice anything other than I know o swallowed it but don't feel anything from it and keeps things in check

Maybe just use for awhile to see if you adapt to it

Most CCB (Calcium Channel Blockers) will cause fatigue AND mood changes... both side effects are precisely why I had to stop Verapamil a few years ago... no more tachycardia for sure, but no energy and no pleasure in anything either... not worth it! :eek:

Can't speak from personal experience for Amlodipine, but I've read plenty of testimonies such as yours, Bio... same as Verapamil... unless there's actually a very specific reason he prescribed a CCB to you, if I were you, I'd talk to my doc and see if you can switch to another class of heart protective drugs, such as an ACE inhibitor... for example.

I have been on 2.5mgs of Amlodipine for around 8 years now. Taking it with 10mgs of Quinapril, I didn't notice any sides, they raised the Quinapril to 20mgs last year and I do feel tired a lot now.

I got this side with only 5mg of norvasc along with an ARB. PCP cut my dose down to 2.5mg with BP still within normal range and edema vanished. Never felt tired though. I know beta blockers are know for this but not so much calcium channel blockers but than again everyone's body chemistry is different.

I have been taking amlodipine for about 3/4 years now, never had an issues with this med been taking 10mg a day straight from the start, keeps my levels perfect..

I appreciate all the responses! I'm really on the fence about starting it up again to see the symptoms repeat. I just had RFA on the right side of my neck yesterday, over 3 levels and I feel better than I have in a long time.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear