over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Who workout everyday?

In my opinion, if you're training hard, it's really tough to train every day of the week. I find 3 days on and 1 day off schedule works best for me.

Sounds similar to Dorian Yates. The bigger and stronger he got...the more off days he needed. At his peak I believe he was training 4x per week. And only 40-50 minutes with 5-6 exercises per session. But, they were BRUTAL and cause a lot of muscle damage so he needed longer to recover.
This is a big thing guys don't realize and a reason progress stalls.

I workout every day because tbh I just really love it. It’s my only true “me” time.

I cause way too much muscle trauma to train everyday, I would be a beat up mess. Now if I just went in and didn't push things, sure I could train 7 days a week.
this reminds me of Hernon's advice on training everyday and the economy of effort which it requires

I workout every day because tbh I just really love it. It’s my only true “me” time.
I fight this urge...because I simply LIKE training. I like going to the gym, seeing the others like me training, I like the pump, the feeling of accomplishment etc. But, the reason I fight it is due to a quote I heard from an accomplished bodybuilder (forgot who and the words are not exact): Just because you CAN train every day does not mean you should. If you are exercising for the sake of exercise because you like the stimulation or socialization then have at it. But if you are trying to build muscle this method is not optimal." Heck, even mass monster guru Dante Trudel has guys training only 3x per week. And that is the same frequency of Big A's post on building mass. Mr. Olympia Dorian Yates trained 4x per week: https://jackedgorilla.com/dorian-yates-workout-routine/

4 on one off usually
Chest
Legs
Back
Delts and arms
off

Sometimes I may change chest day to a push by hitting a little tricep and delt , or back with a little rear delt / bicep work and legs, I may do more hamstring or quad based, but rotation relatively stays the same

I do 6-days, but I do go each day like OP said, mental health reasons, I get out of my house and have "me time".
I train hard each session, I sleep 9 hours a night and sit all day for work, so rest is not an issue, feels like im always resting.
Age 56, doing this since 1978, so I know what works "for me", this would not work for many people out there who do-not get the same rest as I do..

We also walk each day for 45 mins or so with the dog, he makes us go hard there (pulling us along)..

Attachments

• wo-one.png
    wo-one.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 28
  • wo-two.png
    wo-two.png
    36 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: D2
I do 6-days, but I do go each day like OP said, mental health reasons, I get out of my house and have "me time".
I train hard each session, I sleep 9 hours a night and sit all day for work, so rest is not an issue, feels like im always resting.
Age 56, doing this since 1978, so I know what works "for me", this would not work for many people out there who do-not get the same rest as I do..

We also walk each day for 45 mins or so with the dog, he makes us go hard there (pulling us along)..
I am in the same boat- sleep all night wake up usually at 8 in the morning. I do lot of steps at work which is not physical more like active recovery. Otherwise probably I would not be able to do so.

4 on one off usually
Chest
Legs
Back
Delts and arms
off

Sometimes I may change chest day to a push by hitting a little tricep and delt , or back with a little rear delt / bicep work and legs, I may do more hamstring or quad based, but rotation relatively stays the same
Funny you posted this as no matter what I it's always the split I gravitate back to. If I'm in a pinch for work I can put the delts/arms day in with other days.

I always go back to this tried and true split.

I used to train everyday, no more than 5-6 days in a row, then rest, repeat.

I recently changed to what @luki7788 does and no more than 2-3 days in a row, rest, repeat. I find better growth that way, more rest, better recovery.

I changed my workouts to that frequency after listening to Dusty mention this.

Yes everyday but not weights everyday

Lower Heavy day
Upper Heavy day
Cardio
Lower Rep day
Upper Rep day
Cardio
Cardio

4-5 days. I averaged 12,000 steps a day at my job, some days I’m just whooped

cardio is not training lol if I counted cardio as training then I would say I train 2x a day
Really depends on what the cardio is - hate the be the voice of dissent.

What is the CNS load from the movement. Cruising on an elliptical or bike is very different that 12 sets of max effort 800s. I can crush myself doing some pretty heavy squats/deads but the CNS load is no where near (for me personally) an intense cardio session.

I used to train everyday, no more than 5-6 days in a row, then rest, repeat.

I recently changed to what @luki7788 does and no more than 2-3 days in a row, rest, repeat. I find better growth that way, more rest, better recovery.

I changed my workouts to that frequency after listening to Dusty mention this.
I still train 7 days a week because I can but I don't believe it's ideal... Far from it even.

But I gotta get my fix in, I'm addicted and a day not trained feels like a wasted day🤣

Really depends on what the cardio is - hate the be the voice of dissent.

What is the CNS load from the movement. Cruising on an elliptical or bike is very different that 12 sets of max effort 800s. I can crush myself doing some pretty heavy squats/deads but the CNS load is no where near (for me personally) an intense cardio session.
Why is a cardio day not considered training?....really?
Intervals are not cardio in the bodybuilding sense - and this is what I mean because it is a forum about bodybuilding and not for Marstonians

Why is a cardio day not considered training?....really?
Probably because it's a forum mostly about bodybuilding and even though for instance running a marathon requires damn hard training it's not training in the bodybuilding sense of the word.

Of course with the current hype of a lot of huge guys shifting to being as fit as possible and downsizing there is a change coming haha.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131