advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Who works out EARLY in the morning? Advice needed.

Pharm_Fed

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Due to some recent changes in life situations I am exploring the possibility of working out before leaving for work in the morning. This would be from about 5:30am to 6:45am.

Previously I was working out during lunch break so it was no problem getting 3 solid meals in before hitting the gym. I am not going to wake up at 4am to eat so what do you guys do that work out super early?

I was thinking some BCAAs or a protein shake with some fruit or Gatorade or something. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks.

Due to some recent changes in life situations I am exploring the possibility of working out before leaving for work in the morning. This would be from about 5:30am to 6:45am.

Previously I was working out during lunch break so it was no problem getting 3 solid meals in before hitting the gym. I am not going to wake up at 4am to eat so what do you guys do that work out super early?

I was thinking some BCAAs or a protein shake with some fruit or Gatorade or something. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks.

Pan, pam, scramble them eggs. It's almost as quick as a shake...clean up when you get home if you have to and prep. for the next day.

I work earlier than that and still manage it easily...so long as I prep. the evening before.

Thanks.

Why not a typical breakfast such as 4 whole eggs, oats and a piece of fruit (banana). Maybe a cup of black coffee if you need it.

GYM... as you train you could have gatorade... perhaps some bcaas too... typical intra workout product would suffice.

Then post workout have a meal such as chicken and white rice. If your rushing whey isolate and virtago or wms. You can carry them round in containers... although you could do the sam with food.

Then go to work.

Obviously it would be great if you could have another solid meal 1 hour after post workout in work. Not sure how long it takes or what you work as etc. Just standard stuff really.

I agree with tyrone. I'm up at 4am and make some egg and oats and in the gym by 5. I have tried using shakes or aminos and perfer getting up a little earlier and making food. Hey if it means going to bed a little earlier ill take the trade off

I agree with tyrone. I'm up at 4am and make some egg and oats and in the gym by 5. I have tried using shakes or aminos and perfer getting up a little earlier and making food. Hey if it means going to bed a little earlier ill take the trade off

I agree. Everyone is different but I personally like to have atleast one solid food meal in me before a workout. I don't feel right going to the gym after just having a shake... thats just me though. Most days I tend to have the breakfast then a shake meal with powdered oats and a piece of fruit then go the gym.

If your rushing you can always have raw egg shakes but you have to be careful with them over time ;):eek:

Tyrone is spot on about preparation plus scambled eggs... I rotate the way I have my eggs but that is most common... literally can do it in 1 min from start to finish.

Thanks.

Lucky MF... i use to wake up 3:30 and be at the gym by 4:30. To me...and this is just me...i eat carbs prior to bed...usually mash potatoe..home made by myself of course... In the am, coffee, poke, orange, and mix my BCAA shake. sip along the way to the gym. then.. a lil gatorade...train, water while i train, and continue with BCAA...poke, soft shell taco's (beef of course) and thats my session...(oops, left a few things out...)

Last edited:
to me, and many will say this too...water is SOOOOO imporant, u just have no idea!!!

bigmofo brings up another important thing as well. the pre bed meal, i usually have some egg/whites and a small steak, half cup of oats and some green veggies. wake up feeling great and full of energy

I agree, if I go to sleep with a good meal and am well hydrated, I can wake up early and train with just some aminos in me.

bigmofo brings up another important thing as well. the pre bed meal, i usually have some egg/whites and a small steak, half cup of oats and some green veggies. wake up feeling great and full of energy

Steak and eggs pre bed is a classic. I need to start doing that again. I notice you add a small amount of oats too... perfect for sleep and energy in the morning. Some good ideas here :)

I work out at 6:00 am

Glass of water on waking at 5:00am
BCAA's and supplements immediately
full breakfast of 3 eggs and eggbeaters, and 1 cup of oatmeal

workout, drinking 1/2 gallon water 6:00 or 6:30 am depending whether I drive to the gym

back home, I eat my second meal before I go to work.

I have made great gains doing this. :banghead::banghead:

Good luck with your new schedule!

You guys are over thinking this.
I wake up at 5:20am
Hit my NoXlpode, etc

Before heading out the door to the gym it's one scoop of Hydrowhey and one scoop of waximaize. At the gym by 6am.

I have done hundreds of 2 hour cardio workout completed before 7am with no breakfast and just sipping Endurox. But Alex told me I was an idiot for not eating.

This morning I did a 4 mile run at 6:30 and the only food or water I took in was the rain drops.

Just get yourself out the door and moving. I can nurse a cup of coffee for 30 minutes if I lose focus. And I'd rather get more sleep than eat. Eat in the car on the way to the gym. But don't text.

Thanks for all the feedback. I am hesitant to eat a full meal because I don't want to be digesting food while I train. I am doing a heavy, high volume routine right now with very little rest and it's pretty intense. I don't want cramps or to upchuck from having a stomach full of food. That's why I was thinking something super quick to digest would be best for me.

Also, this is a huge change in schedule for me so something that is quick to get down is a huge plus also. I have some "Buzz Saw" arriving tomorrow from True Nutrition (I don't care for coffee). Maybe that with some BCAAs, fruit, water and gatorade will be enough and of course I'll have a PWO shake and meal shortly after.

If I had an hour an a half between waking and the gym whole food would be fine, but I live 45 minutes from work so I have to leave at 7. That means I have to be at the gym at 5:30. That only gives 20-30 minutes from when I will be waking up. I just don't think it's realistic for me to wake up earlier than 5am, even that is pushing it.

I will definitely eat a good meal before bed, that's a great idea. I appreciate all the advice, and welcome anyone else to contribute. :)

Good meal at night, and I train fasted. Was doing IF but had to switch to am workouts... So I have a post workout shake. And dont eat again till 3 working so far.

try egg whites and grits...digests about as fast as you can eat it..

I do 6 egg whites and 1-1.5 cups of grits and im usually feeling hungry again about 15 min after this meal

Thanks for all the feedback. I am hesitant to eat a full meal because I don't want to be digesting food while I train. I am doing a heavy, high volume routine right now with very little rest and it's pretty intense. I don't want cramps or to upchuck from having a stomach full of food. That's why I was thinking something super quick to digest would be best for me.

Also, this is a huge change in schedule for me so something that is quick to get down is a huge plus also. I have some "Buzz Saw" arriving tomorrow from True Nutrition (I don't care for coffee). Maybe that with some BCAAs, fruit, water and gatorade will be enough and of course I'll have a PWO shake and meal shortly after.

If I had an hour an a half between waking and the gym whole food would be fine, but I live 45 minutes from work so I have to leave at 7. That means I have to be at the gym at 5:30. That only gives 20-30 minutes from when I will be waking up. I just don't think it's realistic for me to wake up earlier than 5am, even that is pushing it.

I will definitely eat a good meal before bed, that's a great idea. I appreciate all the advice, and welcome anyone else to contribute. :)

i eat before i train everyday in the morning.... i have never had a problem getting bad workouts because i'm "digesting" not knocking you though i have heard of a lot of people worried about this so seems valid.... at first it sucked but once you get used to it... NO PUKING :D i actually cram my self around 30-45 min before the gym like I heard lee preist used to do and lemme tell ya after your body gets accostomed to it then your workouts will take off... all those aminos floating in your bloodstream and a ton of carbs for energy its fantastic..(as i said in another post im new here so some will take this with a grain of salt, but im only new here not to bodybuilding Lol)

and as for not having time to prep a breakfast.... most mornings mine is
10 hardboiled whole eggs that i can choke down real fast. and 1- 1.5 cups oats blended with water and guzzled down

Last edited:
You guys are over thinking this.
I wake up at 5:20am
Hit my NoXlpode, etc

Before heading out the door to the gym it's one scoop of Hydrowhey and one scoop of waximaize. At the gym by 6am.

For me its not over thinking, i just wake up really hungry and if i dont eat i feel shitty during the workout.

my thing

my thing is this
alot of great feedback first of all
those who train early 5 or 6am
are you eating because you need fuel for your workout/muscle wise/lifting
and not worried about fasting fat loss?

i cannot get in my brain to have food before my 20 min of cardio
i cant

i would rather do the fasted cardio for 20 min
go home
work
then at night hit the weights 45 min then done

Glass of water on waking at 5:00am
BCAA's and supplements immediately
full breakfast of 3 eggs and eggbeaters, and 1 cup of oatmeal

workout, drinking 1/2 gallon water 6:00 or 6:30 am depending whether I drive to the gym

back home, I eat my second meal before I go to work.

I have made great gains doing this. :banghead::banghead:

Good luck with your new schedule!

Very similar routine to me, except my post work out is protein and waxy maize, my second meal is at about 9. Plenty of water is a must

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws