advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Who would compete in classical bodybuilding USA?

rippedyearround

Verified Customer
Verified Customer
I've heard lots of talk about the classical bodybuilding division in Europe.

Who would compete in this class in the USA?

I think if we can show some interest maybe the NPC will create a division???

I would 100% compete every year.

I'll never be a monster, so it's discouraging to compete when the trophies almost always go to the biggest guy in the lineup.

I hate the shorts of MPD, and I don't want to be a "model"

It's a really good division of bodybuilding from what I know about it, I love the concept. It's what should exist instead of the format that is physique.

They have this in the UK and many of the competitors look great.

Yes. I have always wanted to compete but don't want to push the envelope to become a mass monster(don't have genetics) and physique always turned me off because of the board shorts and judging requirements. I have felt like there is no where I can truly be competitive because neither categories appeal to me. This category is exactly what I feel is missing and I would 100% compete if it was offered. I can only wish.

I would think if your serious about fitness, health and BB'ing you'd never want to be a mass monster unless your genetics make it possible.

guys lets be honest, wtf is so healthy about taking 2g of test a week, 2g of deca, 20 ius of gh and 15 ius of slin for extended periods of time, which is a light does for someone who doesnt have the mass genes already.

someone like me 6'1" 235 lbs would have to take at least that for many months if not longer, eat like a horse and feel like complete shit to be 290lbs in the off season.

yeah, real healthy.

I would think if your serious about fitness, health and BB'ing you'd never want to be a mass monster unless your genetics make it possible.

guys lets be honest, wtf is so healthy about taking 2g of test a week, 2g of deca, 20 ius of gh and 15 ius of slin for extended periods of time, which is a light does for someone who doesnt have the mass genes already.

someone like me 6'1" 235 lbs would have to take at least that for many months if not longer, eat like a horse and feel like complete shit to be 290lbs in the off season.

yeah, real healthy.

never heard this before, please tell me more

It's a really good division of bodybuilding from what I know about it, I love the concept. It's what should exist instead of the format that is physique.

x1000000000

I would totally do it!

I think the idea of a set weight to height ratio makes it a level playing field and caps the drive for more and more mass.
I believe this brings more focus to the rest of the criteria... the ultimate in conditioning, symmetry and aesthetics are returned to their rightful places, no longer being overshadowed by pure mass.
I also think the weight caps make it something that's achievable by many remaining natty. Granted, being maximally grainy and hard needs a little chemical wizardry but not nearly the amounts of gear we see in the mass game.
Scientific and calculated standards are the way to go and in my opinion has the opportunity to make the sport less political and subjective. (maybe just a pipe-dream, I know)

what is the judging criteria? is there weight limits...? whats the difference in that and just being a competitor not in supers?

Pretty popular in the UK. Check out last years UK champ. Awesome physique https://www.facebook.com/owenpowellclassicbodybuilder

Dam, he has a tiny waist. Looks very good. I like this better then those stupid board shorts for sure. I always wonder why they called it Physique anyways. Doesn't Physique mean your whole body anyways? They should call those shows, upper body contests. I for one, work out my legs and like to show them with the rest of the body.

Definitely ........I would compete in Classic Bodybuilding!

I imagine it as like the physique division but with regular posing trunks instead of the board shorts, and without the pretty-boy judging elements.

I imagine it as like the physique division but with regular posing trunks instead of the board shorts, and without the pretty-boy judging elements.

I knew this way a reason why I could not compete in that category. :D

what is the judging criteria? is there weight limits...? whats the difference in that and just being a competitor not in supers?

Shorter guys dominate weight classes as a general rule, right? Maybe a BMI limit would work? 35? Bob Paris was a 32.1 and looked like a god. Haney was a 34.6 and looked pretty big but could vacuum. The freaks seem to be above 35 according to this table.
True Natural Bodybuilding: impact of growth hormone and insulin on BMI of top IFBB bodybuilders

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member