over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Whole food carbs to cover humalog

Dancho

Registered
Hi guys,

what type whole food carbs do you eat to cover an average(5-10iu) shot of humalog? I am thinking rice, oats, potatoes, bread should do the trick or a mix of them, but want to hear some ideas from you.

Cream of rice>>>>>

Everything you mentioned will work just fine, just make sure its right amount of insulin to cover your carbs.

I use grinded up rice.
It's a powder that I mix with no fat milk and eaas.
No cooking and u get a shit ton.

do fruity pebbles count as whole foods? Cuz if they do, then those ;)

Pre workout 1 hr I do instant potato/ or cream of rice. Intra I like karbolin. And posts slower carb source like sweet potato. I don't do the 10 grams of carbs per iu. I go much higher if u train hard don't be cheep and get a glucose monitor from Walmart. Test ur self and see where u are.

110% or expect to regret it!

Pre workout 1 hr I do instant potato/ or cream of rice 60-80grams 10iu .Intra I like karbolin 50-75grams and posts slower carb source like sweet potato. I don't do the 10 grams of carbs per iu. I go much higher if u train hard u will go hypo. don't be cheep and get a glucose monitor from Walmart. Test ur self and see where u are. I always start at 5 iu. Yes it's low but starting not much is needed.

Last edited:
Pre workout 1 hr I do instant potato/ or cream of rice. Intra I like karbolin. And posts slower carb source like sweet potato. I don't do the 10 grams of carbs per iu. I go much higher if u train hard don't be cheep and get a glucose monitor from Walmart. Test ur self and see where u are.

your not getting fat of higher carb intake ?
how do you measure that your not going to high with your carb intake?

I don't. I stay lean. 20 minutes fated cardio in the am. I keep a eye on midsection. If I'm starting to get fat I cut carbs back. I also keep the majority of carbs around work outs. I also only run slin 3 days a week. Dose slin to ur macros and not the other way

I use grinded up rice.
It's a powder that I mix with no fat milk and eaas.
No cooking and u get a shit ton.

how thick is the mixture? doesnt this become thick or is fine? also how is this on the digestion? i mean this is like drinking raw rice, isnt it? it surely sounds easy to prepare, but dont know how healthy and digestable this is

Some guy I knew on the boards (can't remember who or what board) said his shake was made out of eggwhites and honey (3-5 tablespoons irrc). He swore by it, noting its digestibility and I believe there's something to it because he was a large dude.

Some guy I knew on the boards (can't remember who or what board) said his shake was made out of eggwhites and honey (3-5 tablespoons irrc). He swore by it, noting its digestibility and I believe there's something to it because he was a large dude.

Gross:naughty:

Pre-w: pasta/basmati rice
Intra-w: dextrose/amilo and gatorade
Postw-w: sweet potato/white bread/potato

I took 8gr HC per 1UI slin

how thick is the mixture? doesnt this become thick or is fine? also how is this on the digestion? i mean this is like drinking raw rice, isnt it? it surely sounds easy to prepare, but dont know how healthy and digestable this is

The rice sits at the bottom like sand.
You seriously gotta shake it the whole time u drink.
And, it's like drinking sand with it lol. So it's pretty harsh but not terrible.

Yes that sounds bad but it's more rice (carbs put down)
And I can do 3 to 4 cups powdered rice per day with no stomach issues. That's a lot of carbs/cals being raw.

Food makes me wanna yak during slin times. And I feel too full

Last edited:
When using short acting slin the carbs you mentioned are fine. But to cover all bases I like to use a combination of slow and fast carbs. 2 possible meals could be...

Make oats as usual. I like to add in chocolate or toffee whey for flavour and added protein. I also add in a mix of banana and sultanas. So I am getting in a mix of carbs in one meal. I usually start eating this just after injecting short acting slin.

Another one could be your standard chicken and rice dish. I like to drizzle the chicken with honey. I also add in seasoning and chilli flakes. You could do that or even something like a honey based bbq sauce. Both taste fantastic.

I never liked taking humalog during my workouts always concerned about my sugar and not my workouts. Anyways I did post workout shots of humalog. When I got home from the gym I'd shoot 10iu eat a cold bowl of whey protein, oatmeal, and a banana. About 45 minutes later I'd begin the chicken/rice rotation and do less humalog.

Very good advice here. I am diabetic. A friend of mine was using a fair amount preworkout, and then crashing after. I tried to get him to use a meter, if anly to get a better idea of how his system was using the insulin and accurately calculate based on reaction, what he needed to cover it. Nope. Stuborn.

Its an unknown unless you test.

Be VERY careful. Low sugar is no joke.

ITW

Very good advice here. I am diabetic. A friend of mine was using a fair amount preworkout, and then crashing after. I tried to get him to use a meter, if anly to get a better idea of how his system was using the insulin and accurately calculate based on reaction, what he needed to cover it. Nope. Stuborn.

Its an unknown unless you test.

Be VERY careful. Low sugar is no joke.

ITW

Dead serious I'm my younger year I couldn't count how many time I went hypo. I had one particular day that I got hung up and couldn't get a carb source and by the time I did my glucose was down to 36. Plain fuckin stupid and reckless!

Dead serious I'm my younger year I couldn't count how many time I went hypo. I had one particular day that I got hung up and couldn't get a carb source and by the time I did my glucose was down to 36. Plain fuckin stupid and reckless!

36 ain't too bad. I find i'm conscious until about 23.

Three go-to foods:
chicken chunks + brown rice + a pack of fried rice seasoning + soy sauce
Grilled chicken and velveeta sandwich
Canned turkey chili

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads