over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Whole food meals post workout

shawnkarbabacz

Registered
How many of you guys eat food post workout instead of shakes. For some reason lately my shakes have been makin me feel sick. Its the same TP mix ive been taking for months, but for some reason its been giving me trouble lately so ive switched to whole food meals post workout.

I know, i know, 'Well ronnie eats whole food meals post workout and hes doin ok'. Well, how about the not so genetically gifted bros? Have you noticed a big difference in recovery or anything from eating food as appose to shakes P/WO?

I'm a very big advocate for whole food post-workout. I don't have any science to back it up, i just feel a lot fuller(muscle bellies) when i eat pwo. I do usually slam an isopure, but then i hit the table.

If Im starving after a workout, I always eat a whole meal. If I feel full after my workout, I have a shake. I think as long as you get something with high protein and moderate carbs, you will do just fine.

a whole meal won't hurt as long as you have the same macros in it as you would have in your shake.

at this level of competition its fine, don't worry about getting this strict with diet until you plan to compete at the IFBB level, then I would say stick to whey every time PWO.

I have been doing whole foods PWO for a few weeks now and I feel and look great.

Normally i'll drink some WPI and then about an hour later put some real food down.

I have beem doing the same routine for a long while. ONLY cause it fits into my schedule. In the gym at 6pm, out by "about" 7:30pm, while toweling off drink my protein shake. Go home, shower, have dinner. Then walk the dog to help to start my food digest. So from meal to bed time is about 2 hours. works out pretty good for me.

i generally have a malto and synthepure shake pwo than about an hr later a good meal like chicken breasts with white rice or potatos

Normally i'll drink some WPI and then about an hour later put some real food down.

I do the same thing.

If you think of protein like legos, a good WPI would be like individual lego block that your body can put together as it needs. Couple that with a fast carb to create an insulin spike to carry that to your muscles and you get a quick digestion and delivery of nutrients to your muscles PWO, when they are craving it. Whole food would be like a lego firetruck. You body has to break down the firetruck into individual pieces before it can put them together to replenish your muscles.

I love whole food, and eat it at every meal, but I think PWO a quality whey shake is the way to go.

I think all depends how long it takes to get home and eat a meal...if you know you will be awhile that is when I slam a protein shake down, if not I just get home as fast as I can and eat a whole meal...I have 1-2 protein shakes before I go to bed anyways, so I always try to get the meal in first since I train in the evening!

Aminos

I have been taking Metabolic Diet Amino v.3 immediately after the session followed by a whole food meal an hour later for years with excellent results

post workout I usually have a 14 oz steak with 2 sweet potato's. 30 minutes after that I have a protein shake with approx 60 grams of protein.

It really depends on if I am trying to cut or not. I always feel extremely hungry after working out and as such, if I decide to eat a whole food meal it will generally be a big one. If I go for the shake, then I will tell myself to hold off for a while until getting in that next meal and the post-workout hunger will have subsided a bit.

I think that both approaches have their places depending on what your goals are.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131