over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Whole grain pasta and sprouted grains.

caedus

Registered
I have been doing a lot of research whole grain pasta and sprouted grains. I'm wondering if these are good substitutes for the bad carbs when trying to lose fat, or should carbs be mostly 86'd all together when weight / fat loss is the primary goal. Opinions?

"May the force be with you all"

It's a matter of opinion but I am a firm believer in carbs as part of your nutrition program and if you are going to have them anything whole is a good sub for bad carbs. Whole wheat products, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, yams, brown rice etc are all good carb sources

When trying to lose fat, as fast as possible, anything bread or sugar is 100% out .

Also, the lower the carb intake throughout the day, the less glucose will be in your blood, the more insulin will keep quiet, the more fat loss you will.

Think of your body fat being the SAME energy as carbohydrate energy. If you consume more carbohydrate energy, then the body has no real reason to tap into your body fat energy.

Bottom line, for ultimate fat loss, you want your carbs to be utilized in full during your workouts, and nothing left over for storage purposes.

When trying to lose fat, as fast as possible, anything bread or sugar is 100% out .

Also, the lower the carb intake throughout the day, the less glucose will be in your blood, the more insulin will keep quiet, the more fat loss you will.

Think of your body fat being the SAME energy as carbohydrate energy. If you consume more carbohydrate energy, then the body has no real reason to tap into your body fat energy.

Bottom line, for ultimate fat loss, you want your carbs to be utilized in full during your workouts, and nothing left over for storage purposes.

As always , thank you jimmy Jones. I appreciate your patience with my silly questions and I also appreciate the great knowledge that you share with me. Thanks to all the bros...

"May the force be with you all"

Depends on individual. For some the above works great. For others you feel like Shit and metabolism slows to a crawl. I'm one of the latter. Much easier for me to get lean with carbs the diet. The bread and sugar thing I agree with regardkess of who you are though.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Depends on individual. For some the above works great. For others you feel like Shit and metabolism slows to a crawl. I'm one of the latter. Much easier for me to get lean with carbs the diet. The bread and sugar thing I agree with regardkess of who you are though.

You are right....depends on the individual....

But if he is the usual endo or meso like me who piles on body fat very quickly from excess carb intake, going zero to low carbs is a physique saver and you actually feel great once your body adjusts.

Its all trial and error for us all....Shit I wish I could lean out faster on high carb!

But if he is the usual endo or meso like me who piles on body fat very quickly from excess carb intake, going zero to low carbs is a physique saver and you actually feel great once your body adjusts.

Its all trial and error for us all....Shit I wish I could lean out faster on high carb!

Right....I think the key here is figuring out what excess carb intake is? I know I have been at this long enough that my carb intake is nailed down and without it I become flat and lethargic

I will say that when carrying some extra padding I can go lower carb and feel Ok. It's just that it really doesn't give me decent results. At end of my last cut I was on 300/300/95 pcf training days and half carbs all other days. Was losing fat quite quick and already in single digits. You still cutting Jimmy? Haven't checked your thread for a while. I need to look it up.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members