over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Who's got Sleep Apnea

This what I'm trying to do, but can't stay asleep with the CPAP. I'm around 265-270 and want to desperately get down to below 220. I started hitting gym hard and finally able to do cardio body is changing, weight is not.:(

Had bodyfat measured etc. and even if I get below 10% bodyfat I will still be 220.

I think you are barking up the wrong tree. So your current BF% is around 20%? In that case it is unlikely that your FFM or FM are contributing to your OSA. The cause is most likely to be found in the anatomy and physiology of your upper airway. If I were you I would go and see at least two ENT surgeons and obtain an opinion.

So point us to this study.

Your good at looking them up. Maybe you can find it. I can't access without paying for it.

Many sleep apnea websites are summarizing the findings on their websites. That the info I'm using.

I think you are barking up the wrong tree. So your current BF% is around 20%? In that case it is unlikely that your FFM or FM are contributing to your OSA. The cause is most likely to be found in the anatomy and physiology of your upper airway. If I were you I would go and see at least two ENT surgeons and obtain an opinion.

I actually had sleep apnea when I was only at 7-8% 215. At that time I did not need the CPAP. I was told to not usee any HRT and sleep on my side an not get any bigger. I have seen 2 ENT. One performed surgery For deviated septum, which did nothing. Other did said surgery would not help.

I dont know why they told you to stop hrt. That makes no sense. Having normal hormone levels should only be a benefit.

I dont know why they told you to stop hrt. That makes no sense. Having normal hormone levels should only be a benefit.

In my case, my doc thinks it will make me worse. For others it may be of benefit. My doc was saying my size was an issue even when I was only 215 less than 10% bdf. Doc was saying I need to get down to below 200 around 190. Doc reported seeing a lot of large athletic men coming in with sleep apnea.

Rev Urol. 2003; 5(Suppl 1): S22–S28.
T
he Androgen-Deficient Aging Male: Current Treatment Options
J. Lisa Tenover, MD, PhD
Division of Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology, Department of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA

“Some reports have shown that testosterone therapy may worsen pre-existing obstructive sleep apnea,whereas other reports have shown that some men with sleep apnea have low testosterone levels that normalize when their sleep apnea is treated.”

1: Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 1985 Jun;22(6):713-21.
Testosterone replacement in hypogonadal men: effects on obstructive sleep apnoea, respiratory drives, and sleep.
Matsumoto AM, Sandblom RE, Schoene RB, Lee KA, Giblin EC, Pierson DJ, Bremner WJ.
The obstructive sleep apnoea syndrome occurs predominantly in men. To determine the effect of testosterone on ventilatory function and whether testosterone may play a role in the development of obstructive apnoea, we performed waking ventilatory drive studies and sleep studies in five hypogonadal men. These androgen-deficient subjects were studied both while receiving no treatment and after six weeks of testosterone replacement therapy (testosterone oenanthate 200 mg i.m. every 2 weeks). Hypoxic ventilatory drive decreased significantly, from 158 +/- 39 (mean +/- SEM) off testosterone to 88 +/- 19 on testosterone therapy (P less than 0.05). Hypercapnoeic ventilatory drive did not change significantly on testosterone. Obstructive sleep apnoea developed in one man and markedly worsened in another man in association with testosterone administration. Both of these subjects also exhibited marked decreases in oxygen saturation with the development of cardiac dysrhythmias during sleep and large increases in haematocrit. The remaining three hypogonadal men did not demonstrate significant sleep apnoea either on or off testosterone. The percentage of sleep time spent in REM sleep increased from 14 +/- 3% to 22 +/- 2% when the men were receiving testosterone (P less than 0.01), but the episodes of sleep apnoea tended to occur during non-REM sleep. We conclude that in some hypogonadal men, replacement dosages of testosterone may affect ventilatory drives and induce or worsen obstructive sleep apnoea. The obstructive sleep apnoea syndrome is a potential complication of testosterone therapy.

Last edited:
I would think sleeping on your side or stomach would drastically help. I know if I ever fall asleep on my back i'll wake up within the hour or 30min with a gasp or snor or something, but when on my side or stomach I usually have no problem at all sleeping.

Sleeping on your side or stomache will generallyh help for obstructive sleep apenea because you are changing the angle of the force of the weight on your throat from straight down (on you back).

cpap

I have sleep apnea. The sleep study revelaed i was geeting 50% oxygen level during sleep. CPAP brought it to 95% during the study. Have been using machine for 6 months now with drastic benefits. No more snoring or fallign asleep all day. Sleep no more then 6 hours a night now with huge increase in enrgy. It only took about two nights to get used to it. Don't hesitate, I lost a friend at 45 to it.

Success with Surgery

About three years ago, I had the "full monty" a tonsillectomy, uvulectomy, and, septoplasty due to the diagnosis with sleep apnea. I am 100% better now than I was then. I dropped 55 pounds as well after the fact as I was way too fat and have never looked back.... it hurt like all hell for two weeks after surgery....no joke... but I could never see myself sleeping with a cpap machine.

Test is conta indicated for persons with sleep apnea.Have read that with the inserts with Test C.I agree though why normal levels would be a problem.I can see a problem with high dose but hrt?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131