over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why 4 week insulin cycles

SteveRogers

Registered
Is there any specific, scientific reason why it's typically recommended to run insulin 4 on/4 off. What about 3 on/3 off? Is 4 weeks the equilibrium of effectiveness vs. potential long term damage?

Never heard of that typically recommended. There is no such thing as cycle lengths in my book. Until someone can explain to me why the body gives a crap if you run exogenous hormones for 8 or 12 or 16 weeks, I'll keep running things till I feel like it ;)

I mean really, does the body differentiate between 3 weeks and 4 weeks? Think about that.

Is there any specific, scientific reason why it's typically recommended to run insulin 4 on/4 off. What about 3 on/3 off? Is 4 weeks the equilibrium of effectiveness vs. potential long term damage?

The 4 week cycle for insulin, I believe, comes from the fear of over using it, and the side effects that ensue.

So you don't get too fat? I know people who use it in prep up until 4 weeks out.

basically yeah, id venture to guess that most people who use it do not know how to use it most effectively in conjunction with an optimal diet..

so they are unable to simultaneously maintain insulin sensitivity...so they get fat pretty quick.

the risk of becoming a diabetic from insulin use is rather slight... GH is worse in this regard.

Never heard of that typically recommended. There is no such thing as cycle lengths in my book. Until someone can explain to me why the body gives a crap if you run exogenous hormones for 8 or 12 or 16 weeks, I'll keep running things till I feel like it ;)

I mean really, does the body differentiate between 3 weeks and 4 weeks? Think about that.

Agree completely. Even with a blast/cycle, I go into it saying this will be 8 weeks but will always change that depending on blood work, results, etc.--could be longer or shorter.

basically yeah, id venture to guess that most people who use it do not know how to use it most effectively in conjunction with an optimal diet..

so they are unable to simultaneously maintain insulin sensitivity...so they get fat pretty quick.

the risk of becoming a diabetic from insulin use is rather slight... GH is worse in this regard.

Diet is always key:mad: being fat is not fun but is so easy and tasty lol

I agree, on 5iu of GH my fasted blood glucose was the highest it had ever been. I have no problems using slin however and I've gone up to 20iu of nov R. GH decreases slin sensitivity for whatever reason. Honestly, slin is not all that bad.

I agree with Rambo here. I typically use slin Mon-Friday and take weekends off but as little slice said "GH decreases insulin sensitivity" so I have always felt the two go together like bread and butter. I don't believe in lengths or cycles of either, as long as your still seeing changes and all is good. Why would temporarily lowering glucose matter? Anyways just my opinion...

Maybe we can get Meadows to chime in here but I know in the past he's mentioned that you will (or can) quit feeling the increased pump and effect from Slim after about the 4 week mark. This is assuming you are running it 4+ times a week.

IMO and from personal experience, I agree with that and think that you can extend it beyond 4 weeks if you use it a little more sparingly- say 1-2x a week with a weak body part.

MA has talked about this a few times ... id search his posts, i learned the little i know of slin from reading his stuff

I agree with Rambo here. I typically use slin Mon-Friday and take weekends off but as little slice said "GH decreases insulin sensitivity" so I have always felt the two go together like bread and butter. I don't believe in lengths or cycles of either, as long as your still seeing changes and all is good. Why would temporarily lowering glucose matter? Anyways just my opinion...

huh?

Maybe?

I notice myself getting used to the dosages after 4 weeks.
Like zero feeling....

But does this mean you up dose to feel?
No. You're using it to shuttle nutrients and such.
But the decrease in sensitivity has to have something negative effect right?

Lol after reading that I probably could have worded it a bit better. In essence, Slin is fine to run long term IMO if your being safe but a few days off in between is a good idea. GH always seems to work better when stacked with slin and I always see better results when combining the two. Few things you can take to up insulin sensitivity is ALA, chromium polynicotinate, fenugreek and magnesium.
Keep the diet clean and you'll be set.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner