YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why all of the sudden is insulin the "secret" again.

Massive G

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I see insulin mentioned a lot in these threads as why the pros are getting so big in the offseason.
Insulin is so 1990's.
I think I will go get me a bottle of humulin r right now and get fat sleepy and put on 25 lbs. :D

I hate to talk about insulin, cause it is dangerous, but in my own travels with it-it was bad news.

I never understood the reasoning to create an insulin response exogenously vs just taking in more simple carbs... It might not be the same amount of insulin but how much is really needed? Especially if the body's insulin levels can be elevated HOURS after a workout (beyond the anabolic window).

I see insulin mentioned a lot in these threads as why the pros are getting so big in the offseason.
Insulin is so 1990's.
I think I will go get me a bottle of humulin r right now and get fat sleepy and put on 25 lbs. :D

I hate to talk about insulin, cause it is dangerous, but in my own travels with it-it was bad news.

I agree 100 percent. I guess if you know what you are doing and monitor your blood sugar levels, then do what you will. Myself, I have seen first hand what diabetics go through as I work as a RN. I have also read some interesting stuff from Muscle MD's anabolic doc and he is totally against insulin use. He reports it can set you up for diabetes.

If you have a healthy pancreas, you will release enough insulin to store the energy you consume so, adding carbs seems to make more sense.

Unless you are competing for the Olympia, I don't understand risking this one!

back in 96-97 my training partner and I decided to give the insulin thing a shot. We of course heard how it was the wonder drug for bb'ers and how it gave the greatest effects, blah blah blah.
so we went out to the pharm and bought some. a couple of things of note during my short time using it,
1 - i did get some pretty strong pumps while using it. though i cannot for sure say it was solely because of the insulin or if part of it was my training style being adjusted due to the knowledge that i was using something that would help me right away. kind of one of those "i think im smart therefore im smart" type things.
2 - my waistline went from 38 to 44 in one month
3 - it was not muscle
4 - the couple of times i mis-timed stuff were very scary. totally my own fault, but scary nonetheless
5 - if you eat any fat at all you will blow up to the size of a beached whale with a distended gut
6 - when it was all said and done i actually lost muscle and size

the only time i see anyone using insulin and getting something from it was the growth-igf-insulin stack. and even then you have to really know what you are doing or it will backfire.

No good for me either. Just got fat.

curious

the people that said they 'just got fat' were you using with GH?

I agree as well. I am type 1 diabetic, so I have to use it, but for all these guys just trying to make faster "gains" it is stupid and dangerous. Of course like someone else said, if you are on the Olympia stage

And the fact that it could one day lead you to diabetes would scare me. It isn't a fun thing to have haha

^ cycling steroids can lead to hypogonadism, so should we all not do that?

Insulin is so 1990's.

I am curious. Can you share your experience with it?

The only time I used it(for 10 weeks precontest), with the protocol I used, my waist got smaller and I gained a lot of fullness in my muscles that lasted.

Not something I'd get excessive with, but my experience was good.

back in 96-97 my training partner and I decided to give the insulin thing a shot. We of course heard how it was the wonder drug for bb'ers and how it gave the greatest effects, blah blah blah.
so we went out to the pharm and bought some. a couple of things of note during my short time using it,
1 - i did get some pretty strong pumps while using it. though i cannot for sure say it was solely because of the insulin or if part of it was my training style being adjusted due to the knowledge that i was using something that would help me right away. kind of one of those "i think im smart therefore im smart" type things.
3 - it was not muscle
4 - the couple of times i mis-timed stuff were very scary. totally my own fault, but scary nonetheless
5 - if you eat any fat at all you will blow up to the size of a beached whale with a distended gut

the only time i see anyone using insulin and getting something from it was the growth-igf-insulin stack. and even then you have to really know what you are doing or it will backfire.
I am not trying to be a dick, but if your waist was 38 inches before hand.. then it is obvious your diet was way off to begin with, which is key with insulin.

I think it depends on the person.....for some "hardgainers" it can be just the trick to pu on muscle in the offseason or keep while dieting. When people say if u can't grow off 500mg of test and deca than ur neve gonna be a top level bodybuilder is somewhat short sighted. Whose to say bodybuilder x's key to growth is that he naturally ouputs low levels of insulin....not androgens....or maybe it's low gh levels, etc....muscle growth happens through differen pathways than just through the AR......that's not to say that insulin is more unforgiving than androgens or that most guys usingit may have "skipped" some steps along the way.

3 - it was not muscle

Well sir, you are dead wrong about eating fats with insulin. Your diet and lack of understanding are the problems, not the slin. Please, no offense...

For me, I LOVE SLIN. Its the best drug Ive ever used aside from testosterone. I get leaner, harder, veiny and loads of lean mass from it. I have never hit a plateau or built up a tolerance to it. You do need to be careful of course.

Using slin in conjunction with certain amino acids and bcaa or GH will accelerate fat loss and build lean mass and keep you perma-pumped.

However, if you dont have the right protocol when using slin you will get fat or worse yet, die. Dont be stupid, and no, Im not going to blab about how to do it. Its not my place to do so.

I dont think insulin ever went out of style..I think less people use it now than in the 90's..but alot of guys still mess with it...But, yes if you dont do it right, and know how to eat with it...then it can really mess with ya...But for a muscle builder, with test and GH...its pretty strong stuff...It can go good or bad, depending on the person...:banghead:

Well sir, you are dead wrong about eating fats with insulin. Your diet and lack of understanding are the problems, not the slin. Please, no offense...

For me, I LOVE SLIN. Its the best drug Ive ever used aside from testosterone. I get leaner, harder, veiny and loads of lean mass from it. I have never hit a plateau or built up a tolerance to it. You do need to be careful of course.

Using slin in conjunction with certain amino acids and bcaa or GH will accelerate fat loss and build lean mass and keep you perma-pumped.

However, if you dont have the right protocol when using slin you will get fat or worse yet, die. Dont be stupid, and no, Im not going to blab about how to do it. Its not my place to do so.

can you post a pic so i can see how big thick and dense you are with the use of insulin and how you put on loads of lean mass from it? :rolleyes:
I BET YOUR FUCKING H U G E ! :naughty:

OK IM BEING A SMART ASS PRICK I KNOW! but seriously ness do you have any before insulin and after insulin pics? sorry for being a smart ass, i can't help it sometimes

Last edited:
can you post a pic so i can see how big thick and dense you are with the use of insulin and how you put on loads of lean mass from it? :rolleyes:
I BET YOUR FUCKING H U G E ! :naughty:

OK IM BEING A SMART ASS PRICK I KNOW! but seriously ness do you have any before insulin and after insulin pics? sorry for being a smart ass, i can't help it sometimes

:s'ar-wars

Very well said. I'm no big fan of slin, but it's hard to deny the amount of size and weight that slin use has been responsible for. Test, GH, Slin and some T3 to stimulate the metabolism not so much for fatloss, but for nutrient uptake.

Very well said. I'm no big fan of slin, but it's hard to deny the amount of size and weight that slin use has been responsible for. Test, GH, Slin and some T3 to stimulate the metabolism not so much for fatloss, but for nutrient uptake.
so if its so great why are you "no big fan of slin". by the way im "no big fan of slin" either. :)

so if its so great why are you "no big fan of slin". by the way im "no big fan of slin" either. :)

Glad you asked. :D I never said it was great and I guess it all boils down to what someone's definition of great is. I prefer the look from years ago when guys built their physiques from anabolics. Arnold, Serge, Sergio, Robby etc. Now, if you wanna look like the guys do today, well then you know.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear