over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

why am i naturally weak?

zyzzumad

Newbies
no matter what my weight or size i've always been weak as hell in my off season i was upto 235 pounds at 5 foot 9 and my bench,dead,squat were all still laughable 385 pound squat for 5, 300 pound bench for 1, and 430 deadlift for 1, thats my best lifts and i see guys way smaller than me and lighter who do way more is strength purely genetic or just the way you train?

Genetics do play a major role in heavy weights but you can get stronger by using exercises to increase the big three lifts.
Now if you are serious about getting stronger in the 3 lifts try goggling West-side barbell.
Louie Simmons has vast knowledge on muscle strength using the conjugate training.
I know it works because i used to train there before i started bodybuilding.
One thing is to always train the weak areas of the lift in your assistance exercises.

Luck of the draw. Length of bones i.e mechanical leverage, muscle and tendon insertions, all kind of things affect this. Personally, I am much larger and more muscular than my buddy, but he is stronger on almost all lifts.

I think I am naturally weak as well. Shit, when I first started I was a measly 135lb kid at 5'8. But unless you want to be a powerlifter, I dont think strength means shit as long as youre challenging yourself and not ego lifting. Im a bodybuilder, got a weak bench, 220lbs for like 8 reps. And people come up to me all the time asking me how much I bench. lol I always say, " not much, theres a different between being a powerlifter and a bodybuilder"

Nothing wrong for you to improve your strength to a point, lots of guys have a 2-3 month period where they try to add strength.

For some reason I'm real week on bench and any shoulder press movement. My chest and shoulders look Ok though. Any laterals with shoulders im strong as fuck and back movement real strong and real strong on calves even though there Tiny. Just genetics man. I'll never get strong on pressing so focus on negatives, ,pauses etc. More than one way to tax s muscle and make it grow:) used to Lucy real heavy on leg press, these days lighter weight, slow deep negative with pause. Intensity probably higher, can't stand up at end of set and legs growing on cut:cool:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Unless you compete in power lifting, don't sweat it.

Strength is mostly related to genetics, tendon insertions and leverage.

Bodybuilding is not directly related to strength. Just make sure you're adding intensity and overloading your muscles gradually, respecting your individual limits.

Numbers aren't too shabby tbh! Iv got progressively stronger but have noticed that my tendons are naturally pretty weak. Certain exercises above a certain weight just hurt tendons and ligaments for me even if I can rep it out

Could be your posture, Do you have lower back pain? Noticeable Pelvic tilt?

It could be your supporting muscles but the only way to tell is more info and a video or we could guess forever.

I have always been very strong in back movemenents.
And I have always been very weak in the chest movements.
But I have a good build chest.

I guess it's genetics.

Your # are nothing to be ashamed of. I train at home and felt the same as you. after training in a gym a few times on vacation i relized most guys are not pushing that much wieght. i think a lot of people fluf thier # on the internet.

Unless you compete in power lifting, don't sweat it.

Strength is mostly related to genetics, tendon insertions and leverage.

Bodybuilding is not directly related to strength. Just make sure you're adding intensity and overloading your muscles gradually, respecting your individual limits.

And CNS efficiency...how many motor units innervating each muscle fiber are being recruited. This factor is enhanced by training, the ones you mentioned are in the DNA

Echoing what everyone else has said here.

I'm much stronger that some guys bigger than me and bigger than guys that are stronger...there are so many genetic factors that I think the only true measure of "strength" is you against you.

I front squat more than I back squat most days and can out leg press anyone that I've ever trained with (ESPECIALLY those that squat more than me), can't bench for shit, but put me on an incline with a BB or DBs and I'll move quite a bit.

I stopped trying to understand this stuff long, long ago!!

I compete in raw powerlifting at a national level and those numbers are above average for what I see at local meets. If you cut down to 198lbs and still had those numbers you wouldn't be winning but you'd place well.

I think it is also the mentality you take towards training...

If you spent all your lifting life focusing on pushing the strength as hard as you can and letting the food/drugs take care of your size I'd expect you to build much more strength than someone spending each session flexing and contracting the muscle with strict form, getting the biggest pump possible and not really keeping track of the weights used because the volume is so high they lose track of what sets you did

Not saying you train like either of those styles just making a point

Same goes for me. I've had guys WAY smaller than me out lift me. All that really matters is what you look like in the mirror though, so who cares.

Check out Wendler's 5/3/1 program. It does wonders for everyone I know, including myself.

I feel the same as the OP. What I realized though was that I'm not appreciably weaker at 198 than I was at 225-230 so I try to stay around 200 now and I'm 5'11". I know this seems very light for that height but I have a lightly boned body with tiny joints and I'm just not built to carry a lot of bodyweight. So I don't know how your built but if you have enough body fat to drop 25-30 pounds as suggested by another poster your lifts might surprise you by not decreasing much at all. If you're already lean at the weight you're sitting at now I'm not sure what to suggest. :)

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear