over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

why am I throwing up after w/o

milkhouse

Registered
Can someone please tell me why after just about every workout lately i feel like puking? I've left awhole plate of egg whites because after 2 bites I wanna throw up. This feeling lasts for hours after the workout is complete. Just wondering if anyone can tell me in dummy terms whats going on inside my body.

Thanks.

Probably too intense, but could be some serious condition, like a heart problem

Get yourself checked.

Can someone please tell me why after just about every workout lately i feel like puking? I've left awhole plate of egg whites because after 2 bites I wanna throw up. This feeling lasts for hours after the workout is complete. Just wondering if anyone can tell me in dummy terms whats going on inside my body.

Thanks.

Is this with ANY foods or just eggs?

how long exactly has it been going on for? it might be some stomach bug causing it.

or have you recently changed your routine? and how long rest between sets are you taking? I used to feel sick if my rest periods were short, but then i started doing alot of cardio which helped (but i don't weight train anymore, just general fitness training)

and what and when are you eating before your workouts? and are you drinking alot of water during your workouts?

and of course see your doctor too.

Last edited:
Probably too intense, but could be some serious condition, like a heart problem

Get yourself checked.

I get checked all the time. Blood work is almost always good and the only thing an ekg showed was bradychardia

how long exactly has it been going on for? it might be some stomach bug causing it.

or have you recently changed your routine? and how long rest between sets are you taking? I used to feel sick if my rest periods were short, but then i started doing alot of cardio which helped (but i don't weight train anymore, just general fitness training)

and what and when are you eating before your workouts? and are you drinking alot of water during your workouts?

and of course see your doctor too.

It's been going on for the last 2.5 weeks
I have changed to full body routine but cut down in total sets.
Rest time is whenever I feel like I can go again, usually somewhere around 45 seconds to 1.5 minutes. Not any different than what I normally do.
Usually do a protein shake at least 2 hours prior.
Drink roughly 32 oz of water during workout.

Last edited:
I think it's because of intense workouts... happens to me every now and again, can't eat right after at times and when I force food/protein shakes down it almost comes back up. Just my 2 cents. :)

Make your first post-wo meal liquid. Drink those egg whites with some easy to digest carbs blended up.

Almost every leg day this happems to me i never actually let it come up but eating has to wait.

This use to happen to me all the time and still does from time to time. Someone suggested that it could be caused by dehydration so I just try to make sure I'm well hydrated before I train and it seems to help. I have to make sure that I don't eat too close to training time either bc I will most likely puke if I don't give myself at least an hour. I've always had some GI issues growing up and it's really frustrating bc it really ruins my workouts. There's days when I can train like a maniac, but then there are days that I feel nauseas after my first few sets, especially on leg day. I try and push through the nausea, but I feel so weak when it gets real bad. Some days I will even go make myself puke and then I'm as good as new.

Just keep trying new things and hopefully something will work out for you.

Thanks.

are you on aas currently? sometimes they can cause stomach acid to build up..i am unlucky in this area

For me, this is one of the first signs of overtraining.

Take a week off and figure it out. If you are OCD about lifting, you got a long life ahead of you. Your health is your wealth

It's been going on for the last 2.5 weeks
I have changed to full body routine but cut down in total sets.
Rest time is whenever I feel like I can go again, usually somewhere around 45 seconds to 1.5 minutes. Not any different than what I normally do.
Usually do a protein shake at least 2 hours prior.
Drink roughly 32 oz of water during workout.

It might be the water, I was doing a PT test in the army and between push ups and situps would drink a bunch of water and in the middle of my 2 mile run my stomach started hurting real bad and starting throwing up pure water it was real hot. Thats why they don't let you drink water during your pt test.

Thank you a ton for the replies guys. I'll try drinking more water before and Les duringandsee what happens. It's a full body w/o three times a week. Do it's actually less volume and days than i normally do.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear