advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why are more people not doing extremely high protein diets?

Protein requirements are largely corelated to bodyweight.

Clearly, the more you weigh, assuming lean body mass,
plus a bit more, is needed for muscle growth.

I don't know about sustaining protein requirements. I will
assume we get back to percentage of bodyweight, less the
bit more. Again, the more you weigh, the more your muscles,
your body will require.

In my opinion, the only way to truly know if these massive
(my word) amounts of protein is required is through
experimentation, research, studying, using identical twins.
All else in anecdotal IMO.

Of course it's anecdotal, most things in enhanced bodybuilding are . Like I said before, I can name several people on this forum that are active right now that reached their massive statures with 2+g/lb of bodyweight. I know most can maintain it on less, but they reached that point with more. Can you name anybody here that is sub 8% body fat, over 250+ lbs that reached it with less protein? I don't mean guys that post on instagram or give interviews to magazines. I'm talking the bodybuilders that are on these forums, posting transparently and frequently with no agendas.

@luki7788 , @danieltx , @TheOtherOne55

Of course it's anecdotal, most things in enhanced bodybuilding are . Like I said before, I can name several people on this forum that are active right now that reached their massive statures with 2+g/lb of bodyweight. I know most can maintain it on less, but they reached that point with more. Can you name anybody here that is sub 8% body fat, over 250+ lbs that reached it with less protein? I don't mean guys that post on instagram or give interviews to magazines. I'm talking the bodybuilders that are on these forums, posting transparently and frequently with no agendas.

@luki7788 , @danieltx , @TheOtherOne55
I can’t, provided they are telling the truth, commercial interests aside.

Looking at studies, there seems to be almost zero adverse outcomes a surplus of protein.

I just found this study today and it’s super interesting. People partaking in resistance training all lost fat AND gained muscle in a calorie surplus. Almost in a linear manner, the more they are protein the better. Even in the 800 calorie surplus group in the charts at the bottom, they lost fat.

Why are there people pushing more moderate protein diets or higher carb?
a quick google search of "too much protein in diet" will illicit tons of reasons why its not recommended.
recommended diets are usually for the "general population" and doesnt seem like everyone would be "safe" eating HIGH protein diet.

a quick google search of "too much protein in diet" will illicit tons of reasons why its not recommended.
recommended diets are usually for the "general population" and doesnt seem like everyone would be "safe" eating HIGH protein diet.

The last paragraph

"In conclusion, it is evident that overfeeding on carbohydrate and/or fat results in body composition alterations that are different than overfeeding on protein. It is commonly believed that 3,500 kcal is equivalent to 0.45 kg (1 pound) of fat and that changing energy balance in accordance with this will produce predictable changes in body weight. However, the overfeeding literature to date does not support this assertion. Dietary protein appears to have a protective effect against fat gain during times of energy surplus, especially when combined with resistance training. Therefore, the evidence suggests that dietary protein may be the key macronutrient in terms of promoting positive changes in body composition.

Sorry Fit2Serve, I responded too quickly and edited my post. It's a good study that showed different levels of activity, diets, and their outcome.
On the other hand, I do think a lot of the fears of too high of protein on google come from over processed and medicated meats. There's a lot to extrapolate. I think it is clear though that it does take a lot of protein to gain a lot of muscle.

Correct. Not good if kidney diseased.

I don't have a number of an amount per body weight. Will leave that
for those with a bigger brain than mine (easy)

A bodybuilder with kidney disease is playing Russian roulette with a 'high'
protein diet and if me I would be looking for another way to skin the cat.

While a higher than 'normal' amount of protein is necessary for muscle
repair, I think the amount necessary is largely overblow, with fear of too
little protein governing the thought process. (Bodybuilders do have a pre-
disposition toward excesses, i.e., more is better.
I understand where you're coming from but the one thing all the monsters on the forum have in common is that they reached that level with high levels of protein. I see many people claim 1g/lb is enough, but none of them are mass monsters. Not to knock anybody, a lot of guys look great and put a lot of work in but it doesn't change the fact that the guys that put the most amount of muscle on (not just weight) are using a diet with copious amounts of protein.
Anabolic steroids are protein sparing—meaning you wouldn’t need more, or perhaps as much protein to build muscle as compared to a natural bodybuilder if enough overall calories are consumed. I doubt anything over 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight is going to add more lean muscle during a mass phase. But I can see where it could make a difference in a calories deficit for helping to maintain muscle. Genetics, hormones, hard training along with a consistent diet are the primary reason guys are getting so big. Just my opinion.

Anabolic steroids are protein sparing—meaning you wouldn’t need more, or perhaps as much protein to build muscle as compared to a natural bodybuilder if enough overall calories are consumed. I doubt anything over 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight is going to add more lean muscle during a mass phase. But I can see where it could make a difference in a calories deficit for helping to maintain muscle. Genetics, hormones, hard training along with a consistent diet are the primary reason guys are getting so big. Just my opinion.

I hear you, my assertion is that if everything else is met and all it takes is 1g/lb...than where are the monsters built on that diet? I think it's pretty clear that the monsters are monsters because of high protein, all else being equal. Anybody here, who has a physique like the 3 big fellas I listed and built it on 1g/lb please speak up...

I'm pretty sure once you’ve gained 50lbs over natural you need 2g/lb to gain and 1.5g/lb to maintain. 1g a lb is for natural or natural ability.

My opinion, perhaps unfounded, is that the gains most attributed to an increase in body weight, muscles, could be largely be attributed to the increase of calories derived from an increase of protein. This is my SWAG.

Unfortunately we as humans we do not have the ability, unlike fat, to store protein 🙁. Excess is converted to fat or excreted.

I do think there is a test for protein metabolizing. What that tells us I don’t know, am not familiar with the test. Maybe someone here can explain this.

I hear you, my assertion is that if everything else is met and all it takes is 1g/lb...than where are the monsters built on that diet? I think it's pretty clear that the monsters are monsters because of high protein, all else being equal. Anybody here, who has a physique like the 3 big fellas I listed and built it on 1g/lb please speak up...
Dorian Yates is a prime example of a monster having to add more fats, not protein, to his diet in order to gain more muscle. That said, Dorian consumed 1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight. Why didn’t he increase his protein intake to 2.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight if more protein was beneficial. Furthermore, some of the best looking “heavy weight” bodybuilders like Arnold Schwarzenegger and Lee Haney consumed only 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight and they bumped up the carbs to fuel their high volume training and caloric needs. I truly believe it gets back to genetics, training, and overall calories, not super high protein diets.

@headtrainer

Can you find anybody here? The Pros have their agendas and I'm not going to get into that. I'm not cherry picking the genetic elite at the highest echelon of the sport. Im asking if there's anybody here that's done it. We have people here that are so transparent with everything from gear use to diet to training. What they all have in common is hard work and a high protein diet. If it only took 1g /lb I can assure you there's be many more monsters on the site and the planet. Its a lot easier to eat 200-250g or protein than it is to eat 400-500 grams of protein. Training is easy, takes up to an hour out of your day. Injects are brief, takes but a moment. Eating a clean high protein diet, well that takes a lot of time, prep, and not eating exactly what you want all the time. Eating high protein consistently is the hardest part and why there are such few monsters among us.

I'm pretty sure once you’ve gained 50lbs over natural you need 2g/lb to gain and 1.5g/lb to maintain. 1g a lb is for natural or natural ability.
Dorian Yates and Dave Palumbo used more fats, not protein, to gain more lean muscle tissue as an advanced bodybuilder.

Can you find anybody here? The Pros have their agendas and I'm not going to get into that. I'm not cherry picking the genetic elite at the highest echelon of the sport. Im asking if there's anybody here that's done it. We have people here that are so transparent with everything from gear use to diet to training. What they all have in common is hard work and a high protein diet. If it only took 1g /lb I can assure you there's be many more monsters on the site and the planet. Its a lot easier to eat 200-250g or protein than it is to eat 400-500 grams of protein. Training is easy, takes up to an hour out of your day. Injects are brief, takes but a moment. Eating a clean high protein diet, well that takes a lot of time, prep, and not eating exactly what you want all the time. Eating high protein consistently is the hardest part and why there are such few monsters among us.
One gram of protein per pound of body weight is a high protein diet. 1.5-2 grams of protein per pound of body weight is a very high protein diet regardless of what you weigh.

One gram of protein per pound of body weight is a high protein diet. 1.5-2 grams of protein per pound of body weight is a very high protein diet regardless of what you weigh.
That's your opinion and that's fine. Still at the end of the day, the biggest and leanest here were built on a "very high" protein diet.

I believe natural bodybuilders probably need as much protein as enhanced bodybuilders because anabolic steroids are protein sparing. But naturals need less overall calories or they’ll gain too much body fat.

I believe natural bodybuilders probably need as much protein as enhanced bodybuilders because anabolic steroids are protein sparing. But naturals need less overall calories or they’ll gain too much body fat.
I disagree because natural bodybuilders are at a huge disadvantage. With the chemicals we put in our bodies, we are able to make much greater increases in muscle mass than the natural bodybuilder. If a natural were to eat like an enhanced bodybuilder, they may get as big, but they will not have the same composition. More fat, less muscle. It's exactly why the enhanced bodybuilders look the way they do and when natural bodybuilders get as big as the enhanced they look look well...softer.

To further my point, ask any guys blasting grams of gear, hgh, insulin etc what happens to their body when they go down to a TRT dose for an extended period of time. You cannot hold monstrous levels of muscle without the gear. You can hold a lot, but not as much.

Its not about enhanced? Exept for you need to be enhanced to have more muscle. The more muscle mass you have the more protein turnover you have. You're constantly replacing cells which are made of protein. The human body always tries to stay efficient. So if you want 50-100lbs over what you can hold naturally you better work out hard and have enough building material (protein) to convince it to hold onto and build more.

I look at it completely differently - what do steroids do? they increase protein synthesis - so why not eat more of them when we can absorb more of them

besides, i don't care about scientific research because no one studies bodybuilders who weigh 250lbs 8% body fat and are on a few grams of hormones

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131