advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why are more people not doing extremely high protein diets?

No need to be angry or passive aggressive bud, I thought your post was spot on about the studies not being relevant 👍
i’m neither, you‘re just garbage, it’s an objective fact that just so happens to coincide with my, and many others, personal opinion of you

Is this someone losing lbm then gaining it back quickly or more of a 1 step back to make 2 steps forward approach to gain lbm beyond where you stalled?
I was addressing the former post that stated one can only gain 30 grams of muscle per day. So if that were the case it's hard to explain why most of us have experienced or seen people that were formerly in great shape, big and muscular and then went off and lost 30 lbs. Then went back on, trained hard, eat clean and high protein and put the mass back on in 6 weeks. If the limit were truely 30 g/d that would lead to no more than 3 lbs over 6 weeks. In the case that I have outlined we see 30 lbs gained.

Consuming excessive amounts of protein can build up ammonia in the blood—making you feel toxic unless you can jug water like a fish. Not to mention the gas and indigestion that occurs. You’re much better off to add more plant based foods to reduce overall blood acidity after protein needs have been met.
Is this what your referring to? I searched this it seems like as long as kidneys are fine, and your getting carbs and fat, it shouldn't be an issue that affects health?

Reddit is mostly garbage but this sub looks like it has decent info..

Unless you have kidney problems or gout, protein doesn't harm you even in high amounts. Sure you should eat greens but the body does a great job of keeping PH in the proper range on its own.

I’m definitely going to be cutting back on the amount of protein I’m eating

Been air frying my chicken breast, and could pretty easily get 5lbs of cooked chicken in per day, no exaggeration.

With the way I season and sauce it, it’s difficult to stop eating

But I don’t feel that I’m benefiting from it. My stomach - though lean, is out past my chest, and I am quite bloated

Going to be cutting back to 350g per day from 450+ (am 5’9 and 235lbs pretty
Lean), and possibly supplementing with EAA powder with my meals since I have a lot of it

Would rather pursue aesthetics and comfort/digestion at this point in my life (33) - since I don’t have the mass genes or ligament strength to get huge

Unless you have kidney problems or gout, protein doesn't harm you even in high amounts. Sure you should eat greens but the body does a great job of keeping PH in the proper range on its own.

Nailed it

I’ll even take it a step further and speculate that I’m not even sure we “need” greens.

All the Carnivore folks (many MD’s) seem to be doing just fine and alkaline-acid balance issues would typically present pretty early on in some way.

Nailed it

I’ll even take it a step further and speculate that I’m not even sure we “need” greens.

All the Carnivore folks (many MD’s) seem to be doing just fine and alkaline-acid balance issues would typically present pretty early on in some way.

Seems like I’m hearing a lot of greens have a deleterious effect

Due to lectin content, among other things

Hearing the same.

All strongly espoused by some big named MD’s too (many of which have been on it for 10+ years).

To name a few:

Dr Steven Gundry
Dr Paul Saladino
Dr Anthony Chaffee
Dr Paul Mason
Dr Ken Berry
Dr Shawn Baker
Dr Robert Klitz
Dr Anne Bozworth
Dr Gabrielle Lyon
Dr Lisa Weidman

Eating greens makes your body produce antioxidants. But you don't need much. And should avoid Spinach.

I’m definitely going to be cutting back on the amount of protein I’m eating

Been air frying my chicken breast, and could pretty easily get 5lbs of cooked chicken in per day, no exaggeration.

With the way I season and sauce it, it’s difficult to stop eating

But I don’t feel that I’m benefiting from it. My stomach - though lean, is out past my chest, and I am quite bloated

Going to be cutting back to 350g per day from 450+ (am 5’9 and 235lbs pretty
Lean), and possibly supplementing with EAA powder with my meals since I have a lot of it

Would rather pursue aesthetics and comfort/digestion at this point in my life (33) - since I don’t have the mass genes or ligament strength to get huge
I get this too. Eating 400g doesn't make me gain fat because my total calories are at maintenance but a greater percentage of my daily calories being protein, definitely gives more of a pushed out stomach than fat and carbs. Probably due to food volume and digestion. Have you noticed when you salt or add spices or sauces with sodium to make it more palatable it helps?

16 oz chicken+ 8 oz mushrooms= feel full

Same meal covered in ketchup slides down easy, still hungry, less bloating

I get this too. Eating 400g doesn't make me gain fat because my total calories are at maintenance but a greater percentage of my daily calories being protein, definitely gives more of a pushed out stomach than fat and carbs. Probably due to food volume and digestion. Have you noticed when you salt or add spices or sauces with sodium to make it more palatable it helps?

16 oz chicken+ 8 oz mushrooms= feel full

Same meal covered in ketchup slides down easy, still hungry, less bloating

I don’t think it’s about palatability in my case

Just sheer quantity of food/protein affecting my digestion

I have no problem digesting protein. Carbs can cause me issues sometimes. But I can down a 20oz prime rib or 16oz steak like it's nothing.

Eating greens makes your body produce antioxidants. But you don't need much. And should avoid Spinach.

Why do you say we should avoid spinach?

It has ecdysterone, which has shown to have a positive effect on muscle mass and strength.

A 10-week intervention study of strength training of young men (n = 46) was carried out. Different doses of ecdysterone-containing supplements have been administered during the study to evaluate the performance-enhancing effect. Analysis of blood and urine samples for ecdysterone and potential biomarkers of performance enhancement has been conducted. To ensure the specificity of the effects measured, a comprehensive screening for prohibited performance-enhancing substances was also carried out. Furthermore, the administered supplement has been tested for the absence of anabolic steroid contaminations prior to administration. Significantly higher increases in muscle mass were observed in those participants that were dosed with ecdysterone.The same hypertrophic effects were also detected in vitro in C2C12 myotubes. Even more relevant with respect to sports performance, significantly more pronounced increases in one-repetition bench press performance were observed. No increase in biomarkers for liver or kidney toxicity was noticed. These data underline the effectivity of an ecdysterone supplementation with respect to sports performance.

23 May 2019

Why do you say we should avoid spinach?

It has ecdysterone, which has shown to have a positive effect on muscle mass and strength.

A 10-week intervention study of strength training of young men (n = 46) was carried out. Different doses of ecdysterone-containing supplements have been administered during the study to evaluate the performance-enhancing effect. Analysis of blood and urine samples for ecdysterone and potential biomarkers of performance enhancement has been conducted. To ensure the specificity of the effects measured, a comprehensive screening for prohibited performance-enhancing substances was also carried out. Furthermore, the administered supplement has been tested for the absence of anabolic steroid contaminations prior to administration. Significantly higher increases in muscle mass were observed in those participants that were dosed with ecdysterone.The same hypertrophic effects were also detected in vitro in C2C12 myotubes. Even more relevant with respect to sports performance, significantly more pronounced increases in one-repetition bench press performance were observed. No increase in biomarkers for liver or kidney toxicity was noticed. These data underline the effectivity of an ecdysterone supplementation with respect to sports performance.

23 May 2019

It has some of the highest lectin and histamine content in vegetables.

I don't believe it effects a large subset of the population, just those with Mast Cell Activation Syndrome and Histamine Intolerance.

Well no wonder golden era bodybuilders were so great , nobody was thinking about eating 900 grams proteins 2000 gram of carbs or been scared by a eating a salad…

I don't believe it effects a large subset of the population, just those with Mast Cell Activation Syndrome and Histamine Intolerance.

If you don't bloat or feel bad after eating it, go ahead. I love it but it bloat me bad. I'm not a full believer in carnivore diet, but it has merit. Some of the "toxins" trigger our body to be healthier.

What about lectin is particularly bad? I know mushrooms are high in it and I add them to each meal. Seems like when I cook them they digest much better.

What about lectin is particularly bad? I know mushrooms are high in it and I add them to each meal. Seems like when I cook them they digest much better.

Gi issues and inflammation mainly. If no issues I wouldn't worry about it to much.

Spinach is widely recommended in LECTINS-FREE diet.
The main sources of dietary lectins are:
  • Certain vegetables, especially nightshades such as tomatoes, potatoes, and eggplant
  • Certain nuts and seeds including cashews, peanuts, pumpkin, and sunflower seeds
  • Grain-fed and farm-raised animal proteins
  • Beans and legumes
  • A1 dairy products

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic