advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why are more people not doing extremely high protein diets?

I do understand and like I said, I know bodybuilding isn't healthy. I was just wondering if someone is eating 800-1000 gr of protein a day, if there is even a chance of keeping kidneys oke.
This is a myth. There has never been a person who has suffered from poor kidney function BECAUSE of high protein.
IF they did, it was a from previous kidney related issues.

300-600+ has been shown to be perfectly fine in studies, in terms of someone with healthy kidney fuction

I think you are losing track of time. Alex passed away in January 2015. Used to have lunch with him and go to his house. Real good guy.

No such thing as a fast metabolism at my age, but managed to stay lean. Right now with holidays I eat a little bit off what I normally do, but around January stay strict right through Summer. I focus more on health nowadays then size.
Correct. I was coached by Alex back in about 2010 online, back then it was him and Shelby I used both. Great guy and said he could tell which of his online guys were doing the stair stepper like he said and which were just using the elliptical based on their quads.

And I'm in the same boat I focus on health and staying lean almost 40. When younger I pushed the scale and dosages and weights but that got me high BP, looking more like a NFL center than bodybuilder, and some injuries that left me out of the gym for a while. Took that time to reset my goals and made myself a promise I'd never put myself in a position to where I got hurt moving too much weight. Haven't had many serious injuries since then but still cringe when I see guys going heavy on flat bench for low reps. That's what got me lol

Alfred just went from 212 where he had to fight to get into the weight so the fact that he came out a year later weighing 10kg more is not really a true picture of his progress.

And Nicolas is a genetic freak and who wouldn't coaching him would look good anyway
I can’t disagree with what you said, fair points.

This is a myth. There has never been a person who has suffered from poor kidney function BECAUSE of high protein.
IF they did, it was a from previous kidney related issues.

300-600+ has been shown to be perfectly fine in studies, in terms of someone with healthy kidney fuction
Oké cool, I did not know that. I'm currently at 325, all markers are fine. Good to know I could up to 450 once I start a gaining phase again. Thanks man.

Nicolas was rebuilding muscle from what I know so he didn't need a lot of protein. tuor in 2010-2015 recommended high amounts of protein. for a heavyweight bodybuilder it was 70-80g of protein per meal (x6) now he has changed his approach but I haven't noticed his fighters making any progress either. james hoolingshead seems to have regressed while working with tuor.
I believe a muscle is a muscle. Rebuilding existing or new; same protein requirements.

Don’t know why it would be any different 🤔.

A plausible explanation . . . I am all ears.

High protein by itself doesn't cause kidney problems. Kidney problems cause you not to be able to excret excess ammonia and other metabolites and toxins caused by excess protein. High blood pressure is the leading cause of kidney disease.
Kidney problems can also be related to not consuming sufficient water but bodybuilders in general tend to drink enough water (too much? another problem).

Right on with blood pressure.

I work with Justin and I'm at about 1.5g/lb on low & medium days.
Protein is much lower on high days but that's because carbs are over 1000g.
You are 250 I believe right? So 250x1.5 = 375gr/day ?

In Ronnie Coleman's offseason he ate five meals a day and 250 g of protein. These were the videos you saw I'm going out to eat eating cornbread once a day and enjoying food more.

In Ronnie Coleman's offseason he ate five meals a day and 250 g of protein. These were the videos you saw I'm going out to eat eating cornbread once a day and enjoying food more.
It’s Ronnie Coleman we are talking about here lol. The guy prob had the best genetics in bodybuilding. Who else could get away with that? And yes I watched the dvd.

He also has another where he added like 6-8 scoops of syntha 6 protein powder to a shake. I think it was 25gr per scoop.

I don't know where you take such nonsense - Ronnie used to say all his life that he ate 6 meals, 100g of protein in each. Anyway, you can see it even by the amount of meat he ate in the movies - 1lbs chicken breast per meal

This pro says at his peak he was drinking 1kg of whey protein a day. So at least 800 grams of protein a day just from shakes. If we are to believe him but when you saw him he was quite the animal at like 330lbs off season so guys didn't question it mostly lol. And he did pick up jugs at a pace equal to about 1kg a day from my friends supplement shop. He did do like around 10 grams of gear a week. It's things like this that always made me try to eat say 400 grams and couldn't even do that consitently.
His farts were probably the equivalent of being hit by mustard gas.

I don't know where you take such nonsense - Ronnie used to say all his life that he ate 6 meals, 100g of protein in each. Anyway, you can see it even by the amount of meat he ate in the movies - 1lbs chicken breast per meal
I’d be surprised if Chad even had his wife on as little as 250g of protein a day lol

I've seen him say he ate seven at times.

It was in one of his videos. I think the guy above me Brock, watched it as well. I just watched it earlier this week. He stated to the camera he got tired of eating so much food and ate five meals and 250 protein ,that offseason. It's where he goes out to eat a lot. Eats cornbread in his meals. Search around for it , if you want to double check and think I'm pulling nonsense out of thin air.

It’s Ronnie Coleman we are talking about here lol. The guy prob had the best genetics in bodybuilding. Who else could get away with that? And yes I watched the dvd.

He also has another where he added like 6-8 scoops of syntha 6 protein powder to a shake. I think it was 25gr per scoop.
He looked better than any one of us just about while being natural. He didn't use untill thirty if I remember right. 91 nationals he was natty.

Yeah he took in lots of protein at one time, I've watched a lot of Ronnie Coleman food videos.

I've seen him say he ate seven at times.

It was in one of his videos. I think the guy above me Brock, watched it as well. I just watched it earlier this week. He stated to the camera he got tired of eating so much food and ate five meals and 250 protein ,that offseason. It's where he goes out to eat a lot. Eats cornbread in his meals. Search around for it , if you want to double check and think I'm pulling nonsense out of thin air.

of course you're talking nonsense - a simple example - the first movie from the yt search engine

Luki I don't know if you've seen Bonac's recent full day of eating, followed by chad, eat low protein by Chad's standard? Do you think it's just a marketing video? Then maybe in real life he does something else?

Luki I don't know if you've seen Bonac's recent full day of eating, followed by chad, eat low protein by Chad's standard? Do you think it's just a marketing video? Then maybe in real life he does something else?
Bonac is a genetic freak and he has never eaten much similar like a Big Ramy - from what I heard Ramy eat very little for his size. On the other hand, you have Roman Fritz who needs to eat 10,000 kcal a day and he cannot gain weight anyway, slower metabolism is better for building muscle

Bonac is a genetic freak and he has never eaten much similar like a Big Ramy - from what I heard Ramy eat very little for his size. On the other hand, you have Roman Fritz who needs to eat 10,000 kcal a day and he cannot gain weight anyway, slower metabolism is better for building muscle
yes but roman is a different case, he trains 7/7 twice a day also adding cardio, probably he is under stimulants and thyroid in high doses all year, already creates a strong energy expenditure with training, put everything else, it is a stretch to eat 10000kcal, just to maintain that physique, but to create new volumes it fails, as if it were in the balance between catabolism and anabolism

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws