YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why are more people not doing extremely high protein diets?

even if yesterday at the big man, he shows his legs; if you compare with Muzi, roman's legs were tremendously separated, that boy no longer has fat, let's see tomorrow, the clash will be between Presti, Theo and Shaban.

the clash will be between Presti, Theo and Shaban.

Did Shaban get his injury rehabbed? What was it his lower back or knees? He had to cease certain exercises , if I remember correctly

from what i know chad most bodybuilders eat a lot of protein and in offsesson they push huge amount of calories. Chad often uses megastrol to stimulate his appetite. Also I've heard that Ramy doesn't need to eat a lot to grow but I can't imagine that you can reach 300lbs eating less than 5000 kcal.

I don't know where you take such nonsense - Ronnie used to say all his life that he ate 6 meals, 100g of protein in each. Anyway, you can see it even by the amount of meat he ate in the movies - 1lbs chicken breast per meal

I know you yourself only use food sources but what's your opinion for others who are trying to reach 500g of protein a day using protein shakes?

@TheOtherOne55 mate you are still coached by Justin Harris right? How many proteins/lbs gives you per day?
Yep, still rollin with Justin.
And it honestly depends on what time of the year it is. For instance, I’m in off-season/rebound mode so my carbs are sky high and will continue to be added for awhile. Therefore my protein count isn’t thaaat high. 300-375 and that’s only direct sources. And once my carbs top out, he will add more protein on top of that. Kinda like Ben Pollack where the protein per meal will get to the 70s, which imo is high.

I also don’t use shakes so all protein is from meat only. Very easy to push protein higher IF using supplemental shakes, but both Justin and I want whole food sources for meals for more of a slow trickle of aminos throughout the day.

I don't know where you take such nonsense - Ronnie used to say all his life that he ate 6 meals, 100g of protein in each. Anyway, you can see it even by the amount of meat he ate in the movies - 1lbs chicken breast per meal
I've seen him say he ate seven at times.

It was in one of his videos. I think the guy above me Brock, watched it as well. I just watched it earlier this week. He stated to the camera he got tired of eating so much food and ate five meals and 250 protein ,that offseason. It's where he goes out to eat a lot. Eats cornbread in his meals. Search around for it , if you want to double check and think I'm pulling nonsense out of thin air.
It was in one of his DVD’s. I think road to redemption?
He would go out to the same steakhouse and eat steak and corn bread. I believe it was 6 meals a day though.
Been a while since I watched that, prob 2008.
I know others on here have seen it.

I know you yourself only use food sources but what's your opinion for others who are trying to reach 500g of protein a day using protein shakes?
In my opinion, protein powder will never be as good as real food, if only because it does not contain all enzymes and other microelements that we do not even realize

It was in one of his DVD’s. I think road to redemption?
He would go out to the same steakhouse and eat steak and corn bread. I believe it was 6 meals a day though.
Been a while since I watched that, prob 2008.
I know others on here have seen it.
I watched all Ronnie's DVDs and on none he ate 250g of protein a day and as for Cost of Redemption, if I'm not mistaken, he makes this famous shake of 100g of protein there, he also ate a lot more beef than usual, but the meat was at the level of 0.5lbs for a meal, and I'm more than sure of that

I’ve worked with Shelby, Alex (rip), Cornelius Parkin……all had me clocking in at 1.5g-1.7g per lb of BW.

But I’m a former fatty, so carbs were quite lower than average gym rat. High days might be 400-450g. If I was an ecto that could stay lean on 450-700g daily, I could see how protein could be lowered a little.

I watched all Ronnie's DVDs and on none he ate 250g of protein a day and as for Cost of Redemption, if I'm not mistaken, he makes this famous shake of 100g of protein there, he also ate a lot more beef than usual, but the meat was at the level of 0.5lbs for a meal, and I'm more than sure of that
I’m not commenting on the protein per day.

I was commenting on him eating steak and cornbread from the restaurant. I think it was baked potatoe too.

but what does that have to do with it 😅 - we're talking about the amount of protein

in this video is exactly what he ate all day
I’m not commenting on the protein per day.

I was commenting on him eating steak and cornbread from the restaurant. I think it was baked potatoe too.

That's how I remember it as well. Even when he was trying to bring his waist down he was eating 12-16 oz of meat per meal.

In my opinion, protein powder will never be as good as real food, if only because it does not contain all enzymes and other microelements that we do not even realize
Agree with this. I did have a doctor once tell me that when athletes came to her, mostly CrossFit, with elevated creatinine she had them drop whey and creatine and retest and all came back much lower creatinine. She said she felt supplements and whey specifically were hard on kidneys but as much protein from food was fine. Not sure her credentials or if she was just making an observation these were her words. No idea why whey may elevate creatinine or stress kidneys more so than protein from food. She could be full of it

Yep, still rollin with Justin.
And it honestly depends on what time of the year it is. For instance, I’m in off-season/rebound mode so my carbs are sky high and will continue to be added for awhile. Therefore my protein count isn’t thaaat high. 300-375 and that’s only direct sources. And once my carbs top out, he will add more protein on top of that. Kinda like Ben Pollack where the protein per meal will get to the 70s, which imo is high.

I also don’t use shakes so all protein is from meat only. Very easy to push protein higher IF using supplemental shakes, but both Justin and I want whole food sources for meals for more of a slow trickle of aminos throughout the day.
Damn 300-375g prot per day will be challenging for me... But i am only 105kg

Agree with this. I did have a doctor once tell me that when athletes came to her, mostly CrossFit, with elevated creatinine she had them drop whey and creatine and retest and all came back much lower creatinine. She said she felt supplements and whey specifically were hard on kidneys but as much protein from food was fine. Not sure her credentials or if she was just making an observation these were her words. No idea why whey may elevate creatinine or stress kidneys more so than protein from food. She could be full of it

I drink liquid egg whites instead. Stomach needs a few days to accept it, but I usually have one container of whey isolate around for emergencies but usually it's always liquid egg whites. Noticed huge changes after doing this for 30 days then 90 days in my kidneys and other blood work. I use to drink 3-4 shakes a day so that was a complete 180. Nowadays, I have 4 real meals, then 50g of protein from egg whites after I lift. On off days I have 3 real meals, 2 servings of egg whites and use to drink 15g of EAA/BCAA mix throughout the day.

This thread is really helpful. It goes against a lot of the recent push of low(er) protein, but something I noticed I didn't succeed with. After I'm through recovering from some procedures, I'm going to back to high(er) protein diets.

Think I'll go 1g protein, 1.5g carbs then work towards 2g protein, .5g carbs by the end of it. Slowly strip fats to essentials and that's it. Ramp up direct cardio from 30 min a week to 90 min a week(mix of steady state and HIIT) and no conditioning classes to 1-2 conditioning classes of sports related(soccer, boxing, etc.). Ramp up GH and an anabolic too.

I drink liquid egg whites instead. Stomach needs a few days to accept it, but I usually have one container of whey isolate around for emergencies but usually it's always liquid egg whites. Noticed huge changes after doing this for 30 days then 90 days in my kidneys and other blood work. I use to drink 3-4 shakes a day so that was a complete 180. Nowadays, I have 4 real meals, then 50g of protein from egg whites after I lift. On off days I have 3 real meals, 2 servings of egg whites and use to drink 15g of EAA/BCAA mix throughout the day.
a lot of people are allergic and cannot tolerate egg whites well, so for most it won't be a good solution

A few years ago I talked to Eddie Moyzan (a very friendly and nice guy in general) and he advised me to increase my protein to 800g a day - he told me that at the peak of his career he ate 1000g of protein a day
Did he blend the meat or what ? My jaw gets sore a lot from chewing on 350 a day

To the guys pushing high protein, do you do anything special for digestion? I tried 450g protein and 6-800 carbs and it wasn’t sustainable, had to Take a day off of eating 1-2x a week. I felt like it was mostly from the protein, carb sources were all easy digesting foods

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear