YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why are more people not doing extremely high protein diets?

with all due respect bro but you have not written anything revealing here - the very basics that everyone knows exactly only in scientific language to make it sound nicer - and please do not take it as hate
No, he outlined the basics and then delved into the underlying mechanisms.

In fact, he even wrote "Skip these next paragraphs unless you are interested in the metabolic processes involved (I saw questions early on in this thread)" in case someone is only interested in the initial takeaway.

The fact that the general takeaway is similar to a good bro-answer doesn't change the fact that there's value in the elaboration.

But then..... What's the right number of proteins for lbs/kgs that we should we eat ?

There is no evidence that anyone should eat more than a gram of protein per lb of muscle so we are just guessing that more is better. It's purely anecdotal.
Correct. We don't have scientific evidence that has studied enhanced and holding more muscle mass than an average athlete. We only have recent studies for athletes. Prior to these studies only 70gr of protein was said is required. We don't have studies on AAS either. So all we have is Bro science. There has been a lot of guys over the years who has done self studies. I remember Dante and Massive G doing one on themselves. It seems (and makes sense) to achieve greater than what you can naturally hold 1.5gr /lb is required to build hold the first 50lbs and 2gr /lb after. This is dose dependant as well. More drugs more protein to a point.

There is not much of a debate to be had about this. Too many variables are involved from person to person, training , drugs , genetics . There's a fine line in eating x amount of protein per pound of bodyweight and eating x amount per pound of desired body weight to gain , or maintain . It's individual based on needs and goals . The only constant is that it is necessary to maintain it gain muscle and the higher of a percentage of protein or lower percentage of protein in your diet will effect your body composition . There's no one size fits all formula

This is a good article by Lyle:

He also references the need to go higher in protein, when in a caloric deficit, citing the study below:

There is not much of a debate to be had about this. Too many variables are involved from person to person, training , drugs , genetics . There's a fine line in eating x amount of protein per pound of bodyweight and eating x amount per pound of desired body weight to gain , or maintain . It's individual based on needs and goals . The only constant is that it is necessary to maintain it gain muscle and the higher of a percentage of protein or lower percentage of protein in your diet will effect your body composition . There's no one size fits all formula

Exactly but many can't use common sense and need to be told the exact amount per lb/kg and that is what they will do regardless of anything else. They do the same with drug doses and training volume/frequency.

Usually in threads like this we also get many guys stating how you don't need high protein (technically not wrong) but how it's a waste of time and the most protein they have ate consistency is around 200g per day and they usually weigh under 200 pounds.

People like with anything else experiment and see for yourself. Like with most subjects the answer usually lies somewhere in the middle for most people. Generally speaking I think high (nothing crazy) protein is only good for bodybuilding but you can also make low- moderate work as well.

I am personally on around 250g protein per day but that will rise gradually to approx 400g per day. That is plenty for me and nothing crazy as you can see.

Exactly but many can't use common sense and need to be told the exact amount per lb/kg and that is what they will do regardless of anything else. They do the same with drug doses and training volume/frequency.

Usually in threads like this we also get many guys stating how you don't need high protein (technically not wrong) but how it's a waste of time and the most protein they have ate consistency is around 200g per day and they usually weigh under 200 pounds.

People like with anything else experiment and see for yourself. Like with most subjects the answer usually lies somewhere in the middle for most people. Generally speaking I think high (nothing crazy) protein is only good for bodybuilding but you can also make low- moderate work as well.

I am personally on around 250g protein per day but that will rise gradually to approx 400g per day. That is plenty for me and nothing crazy as you can see.
The eternal voice of reason, Elvia 🙌

I know bodybuilding isn't a healthy sport but is it even possible to keep kidneys in an "oke" state at that amount of protein?
You ask a very valid question that no one can answer with 100% accuracy. Some believe it’s not a very high protein diet alone that damages the kidneys, but rather a very high protein diet in the presence of having high blood pressure.

I have never seen a study where healthy people are harmed long term from high protein intakes. A single case study i know of, me, toke in 300+ grams a day for over25 years and then consumed 150-230ish grams a day for a few years and ended up with a eGFR of over 90 for the last few years.

I was a high protein guy once upon a time, now I give two fucks about bodybuilding and I eat about 200 grams of protein daily (some days less) I eat a shit ton of fat and I'm still 222-224 lbs at 5ft5 with decent body composition (decent by my standards which are high).
It works for me and my current goals, you younger guys trying to be gym beast should definitely consume higher protein but it doesn't need to be extreme, as long as there is enough energy (carbs and fats) your body will use protein efficiently for growth and repair.

These science based guys saying eat .8g per pound….look like a fit guy in a t shirt. The guys eating 1.5g+ Look like gorillas.

Do what the bodybuilders do,
If you want to be a bodybuilder.

And those studies showing no benefits over eating protein……those guys are not on test/tren/GH/insulin lol.

But then the argument becomes…well on all that shit…you might need LESS protein then a natty.

Idk. I just go by what great coaches tell me…who’ve built many brick shithouse bodies

I was spinning my wheels for a long time consuming about 1g /LB. At 2g+ /LB I finally starting making the gains I was after. I do believe you can hang on to your muscle at 1g, maybe even make a bit of gains but to see real growth I think you need to be at 1.5 minimum and 2+ ideally. This is just my experience, take that for what it is.

I was a high protein guy once upon a time, now I give two fucks about bodybuilding and I eat about 200 grams of protein daily (some days less) I eat a shit ton of fat and I'm still 222-224 lbs at 5ft5 with decent body composition (decent by my standards which are high).
It works for me and my current goals, you younger guys trying to be gym beast should definitely consume higher protein but it doesn't need to be extreme, as long as there is enough energy (carbs and fats) your body will use protein efficiently for growth and repair.
Absolute beast at 5’5!

You ask a very valid question that no one can answer with 100% accuracy. Some believe it’s not a very high protein diet alone that damages the kidneys, but rather a very high protein diet in the presence of having high blood pressure.
I don’t believe for one second that eating high quality protein in high amounts is anything but good for your kidneys. If you ate 400 grams of protein in say venison everyday the rest of your life you woukd be the specimen of health. Start adding fats and sugar regularly and that changes but for instance in prep I eat 500 gems a day or try to and I’m 5’7 my kidney labs are always immaculate now that said I drink water exclusively and have my entire life, hate soda and tea and yes I believe soda will destroy your kidneys and that woukd happen on a low protein diet

I don’t believe for one second that eating high quality protein in high amounts is anything but good for your kidneys. If you ate 400 grams of protein in say venison everyday the rest of your life you woukd be the specimen of health. Start adding fats and sugar regularly and that changes but for instance in prep I eat 500 gems a day or try to and I’m 5’7 my kidney labs are always immaculate now that said I drink water exclusively and have my entire life, hate soda and tea and yes I believe soda will destroy your kidneys and that woukd happen on a low protein diet
500 grams at 5’7? You built like a house? Damn dude.

I read a study and I try to find it but it showed protein at 2.4/kg increased muscle mass even when in a calorie deficit.

How many grams of fat and carbs do you consume with the high protein diet?

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear