over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why are my abs locking up?

stevo78

Newbies
It started a couple of months ago, whenever I do any kind of crunch. I cannot contract the abs again without this cramping sensation. It almost feels like my abs want to role over on each other. I could do leg raises, but no kind of crunch. About a month ago, I started eating bannanas, trying to get more potasium. I also just bought some potasium tabs, but they dont seem to be working.

I get the same thing. Sometimes after some weighted crunches when i get off the machine and bend down I can feel em roll and its scary. Feels like they are gonna disatach or something. Now I just always go easy on them and its never a prob. Only when I would do heavy weighed crunches.

I used to have that happen all the time. Tried everything, water, potassium, taurine, etc. Finally took magnesium supplement and it completely went away. Give it a try.

I get the same thing. Sometimes after some weighted crunches when i get off the machine and bend down I can feel em roll and its scary. Feels like they are gonna disatach or something. Now I just always go easy on them and its never a prob. Only when I would do heavy weighed crunches.

Yeah it is scary, its not a good feeling. When another muscle cramps up, you usually could straighten it out and fight through the pain. Not with this.

I get the same thing everytime, they cramp so tight that I cannot stand u and I start sweating and panicking, it hurts really bad!! I dont do any ab work at all anymore, but I am lucky as I have naturally round abs so they are not lacking.

same here, it sucks
however after many weeks of light abs workouts it has gotten better ..

When they do that immediately start stretching them by leaning back and it will go away. I find that when I work them more than 2 times per week they don't cramp up.

Could be other electrolytes like sodium too.Might want to look at salt intake. I had that problem and never really did figure out what caused it. Sometimes I wonder about being dehydrated. My problem just worked itself out on its own. I never had the problem when I was natural though, only when on.

It started a couple of months ago, whenever I do any kind of crunch. I cannot contract the abs again without this cramping sensation. It almost feels like my abs want to role over on each other. I could do leg raises, but no kind of crunch. About a month ago, I started eating bannanas, trying to get more potasium. I also just bought some potasium tabs, but they dont seem to be working.
I had the exact same problem I thought potasium would take care of the problem but i was wrong so i switch to taurine 1000 mg 30mins. before workout and now more cramping .

Had this as well....

What is your creatine supplementation like? How much? When?

Double up your water consumption 2 hours pre workout & up your consumption during as well. Solved my issues...

I used to have that happen all the time. Tried everything, water, potassium, taurine, etc. Finally took magnesium supplement and it completely went away. Give it a try.

Hi Fears.

I know you already said that you've tried "everything", but did you try picklejuice?

As odd as that sounds, I first read of it here in a cramping thread & a Google search confirmed that there has been considerable interest & usage of it.

I think they felt the sodium in the pickle juice was the operative factor in preventing/treating cramps.

The magnesium tip sounds interesting.

Isn't magnesium the "M" in ZMA? (as in Zinc, Magnesium & ???)

Thanks.

Hi Fears.

I know you already said that you've tried "everything", but did you try picklejuice?

As odd as that sounds, I first read of it here in a cramping thread & a Google search confirmed that there has been considerable interest & usage of it.

I think they felt the sodium in the pickle juice was the operative factor in preventing/treating cramps.

The magnesium tip sounds interesting.

Isn't magnesium the "M" in ZMA? (as in Zinc, Magnesium & ???)

Thanks.

Didn't try pickle juice but once I started taking magnesium the problem went away so there was no need to do anything else. Yes in ZMA the M is magnesium. I just take straight magnesium 400mg with dinner and I never had any ab or hamstring or whatever cramps at all after dealing with them constantly. Also, magnesium also helps your sleep. I really think this is a supplement which is overlooked especially when "on". Everyone is different but this is a cheap sup and well worth a try.

I have this exact same problem.

My abs feel like they "roll in" its horrible. Only happens after or towards the end of my ab sets.

I actually panick everytime it happens and sometimes I get odd looks at the gym if it happens, cause I jolt forward lol

Ill try this pickle juice method out

I dont think picklejuice or anything like that is gonna work b/c no way just one area will cramp. If its due to cramping I would think you would have it in multiple area's, not just the abbs.

I dont think picklejuice or anything like that is gonna work b/c no way just one area will cramp. If its due to cramping I would think you would have it in multiple area's, not just the abbs.

Thats the odd thing, for me, I don't cramp anywhere. I never have an issue with that.

Just the weird "abs rolling in" on themselves

It seriously feels like their caving in, and it hurts pretty bad. And I can feel when it builds up to the feeling, after each rep on my situps

Thats the odd thing, for me, I don't cramp anywhere. I never have an issue with that.

Just the weird "abs rolling in" on themselves

It seriously feels like their caving in, and it hurts pretty bad. And I can feel when it builds up to the feeling, after each rep on my situps

I just had it tonight. was only doing 20lbs on the seated abb machine very light high reps. I got up for a sec and bent down to get my water and I felt it roll and it freaked me out. Almost feels like my whole stomach could tear or something. So I streched it out a bit and called it quits. Only happens when doing abbs or going really low on deads and coming up.

Man I am glad I saw this thread. I have posted this on other forums and got nothing but crap replies. It is the worst feeling in the world I have freaked out pretty bad it took me like 5minutes to get rid of the cramp one time. I am going to pop some zma tonight since I have it on hand but I will grab some magnesium for sure. It always felt like my abs were being put together like a puzzle like everything locking up into one huge ab plate.

Ab cramping

I get these. They're a bitch. Leaning way back gets rid of it, but once I get one, the ab workout is over. One more rep and i'll get another immediately.

Magnesium sounds interesting. Water, taurine and potassium haven't helped at all. The more I work abs, the less I get them, though. I have the same problem with hamstrings, too

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity