YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

WHY ARE THE PRO IFBB BODYBUILDING JUDGES IGNORING CERTAIN THINGS - by Gary Strydom

BigDM

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Interesting read and post by one of my favorite bb's from back in the day - Gary Strydom. I don't necessarily agree with everything he says here, but he made some good points and something to think about. Hope it will create some good discussions.

WHY ARE THE PRO IFBB BODYBUILDING JUDGES IGNORING CERTAIN THINGS THAT ARE OBVIOUS TO THE REST OF US? By Gary Strydom

Since we lost "our father in the sport" we must gang together to ensure what he built remains solid...Joe Weider RIP

Common!!! How can you NOT SEE A BLOATED GUT? How can you completely ignore and place an athlete with zero CALVES ahead of another athlete that has calves? How can you miss synthol lumps on a physique? Why would you credit an athlete that is not conditioned over one that is? Maybe some of these judges are not keeping up with what these athletes are using? Am a professional bodybuilder that has old school knowledge(Then again some of these judges are older than me??) I have kept up with everything out there because its my business to know...I think its the judge's business to know what's going on no matter who or how old they are...Am thinking it's time to change and vote out some of these judges because they have been in there to long...Am not going to mention any names but you guys can obviously read between the lines. A change of guard would be good for the sport. Surely this must be considered and maybe the start of something that may change the direction this sport is going in. This "mafia like grip" the IFBB displays is straggling our sport for real. They know who they are...I say there needs to be an athlete board that votes these judges in each year changing judges that sit on this MR O panel/And other panels annually. Just like an athlete a judge should be voted in instead of being part of this "judge's click" so to speak. When are the athletes going to realize this and speak out? Why aren't these judges sitting down and talking about enforcing existing mandates and sticking to them. In the current mandate you suppose to be deducting for distended guts and missing body parts and if you don't have a mandate against synthol usage then WAKE UP MAN because the sport is going need a draining here soon of SYNTHOL!!! Hopefully you wake up soon because if you don't FITNESS is going to catapulte past bodybuilding. Beware IFBB...There are challenges on the horizon and the key to how this plays out depends on how you judge these athletes going forward setting the example for our youth and what bodybuilders should be credited for on stage. IFBB: The more arrogant and brazen you are in allowing "this drug abuse look" the more you expose this sport to public and governmental scrutinizing which could be the end of the whole game the day the government decides enough is enough encouraging kids to try illegal substances to acquire this "look and direction" Am surprised it hasn't already happened.

Attachments

• gs.jpg
    gs.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 2,607
I will agree with the statement on calves, seems to me those are just about completely ignored on the pro stage at this point.

Synthol and SEO are by far the stupidest thing out there. Truly desperation

IFBB: The more arrogant and brazen you are in allowing "this drug abuse look" the more you expose this sport to public and governmental scrutinizing which could be the end of the whole game the day the government decides enough is enough encouraging kids to try illegal substances to acquire this "look and direction" Am surprised it hasn't already happened

^^^this part really worries me..

I agree on some points but in our age the freak is the one that draws many to watch .
It could or might go back to more of the old days one day:confused:

fitnesskatz

ok what im i misreading best i recall gary was a fairly large kat,,,i dont remember him rolling up weighing in at 205 i mean phil mr olympia has the best package going to win next yr too prob yr after so is his thing the use of syn inj. i thought judges did good job that tough line up this yr

ok what im i misreading best i recall gary was a fairly large kat,,,i dont remember him rolling up weighing in at 205 i mean phil mr olympia has the best package going to win next yr too prob yr after so is his thing the use of syn inj. i thought judges did good job that tough line up this yr

HAHAAAAAAAA Remember the WBF he was all bloated those two years:)
Course most of them where when Vince padded there back pockets:D

I agree on some points but in our age the freak is the one that draws many to watch .
It could or might go back to more of the old days one day:confused:

No one cares about the freak look as much as you think, that's why men's pd is
Growing rapidly. Stop being blind.

fitnesskatz

HAHAAAAAAAA Remember the WBF he was all bloated those two years:)
Course most of them where when Vince padded there back pockets:D

man you know i was trying to remember that when i posted that,,u damn sure right he and some other dude was on regis one morning im glad you thought of that man

kinda odd for him to talk about bodybuilders with missing bodyparts

Attachments

• gary.jpg
    gary.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 1,966

You beat me to it!

I was going to point out the hypocrisy do this article behind written by a 260-pounder with the back do a bantamweight that once had the gall to compare himself (after the WBF folded) to Dorian as "one of the 2 'Bests' and the fans demand to see who's better"...

He's desperately trying to be relevant again.

Fail.

No one cares about the freak look as much as you think, that's why men's pd is
Growing rapidly. Stop being blind.

Men's PD is growing rapidly because you can get a pro card in less than a year after doing 2 contests realistically, unlike the avg of 7-10 yrs in BB.

Just another bitter old man whose time has long gone. Shut the fuck up, Gary.

I didn't see anything in the statement indicating that he thinks he has the most complete physique on the planet. I think he's spot on. Why have calves and forearms become the forgotten body parts on bodybuilding's biggest stage? Small calves on huge bodybuilders is something that is nearly universally made fun of outside of bodybuilding.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws