YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why are we more tired when we are heavier?

akimbo

Registered
Cheers guys,

I have asked myself what are the actual reasons for being much more tired when we get higher body weight. I have witnessed it often by myself. The heavier I get the more tired I am. Even without drugs - when the weight is kept I never feel really refreshed and vital.

Only when I cut hard and loose a good amount of weight I am not as tired as before. But I cant grow beeing lean all the time.

I already use a cpap (diagnosed sleep apnea) and all medical parameters are good. So, there are no obvious reasons for this condition. I just think that I might not be made for being really heavy. Currently I am 242lbs at 6ft.

Does anybody in this weight class or above feel really vital/ normal/ refreshed?

What do you guys think are the reasons?

Gesendet von meinem MHA-L09 mit Tapatalk

I have the same problem so I guess that it just comes with having a higher bodyweight. One of the reasons why I wonder why people would voluntarily do this to themselves for no good reason (assuming bodybuilding is a good reason here). Everything becomes harder with increased bodyweight and simple things can become quite the chore. I'm afraid that other than losing weight, there's nothing we do about it. It doesn't seem to matter much if it's muscle weight or fat weight either, it's just the added weight itself.

Lugging excess weight around your body doesn’t need/want is taxing on your whole system. I’m 6’2” and was 270 at my heaviest. Currently 235 and my goal is to be 215 220ish. My body is telling me things at 52 and I’m listening.

Simple - your heart has to work harder. It doesn't matter if it's muscle or fat, your heart just knows that it has to lug your heavy ass around! Your joints, tendons and cartilage couldn't care less, either, that extra weight is simply a burden to them. Your body has to make use of more resources, in general.

Simple - your heart has to work harder. It doesn't matter if it's muscle or fat, your heart just knows that it has to lug your heavy ass around! Your joints, tendons and cartilage couldn't care less, either, that extra weight is simply a burden to them. Your body has to make use of more resources, in general.
Quite remarkable that this BS broscience answer solicited likes from "The Thinker" and "The Mad Scientist" :eek:

If you really wanna know what's going on (it's complicated), read this review:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3321419/

Quite remarkable that this BS broscience answer solicited likes from "The Thinker" and "The Mad Scientist" :eek:

If you really wanna know what's going on (it's complicated), read this review:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3321419/

[emoji846]

Hey man, no bully [emoji14]

I have some views that might not be supported by clinical data.

The changes a heart goes through with muscle gain (myocardial thickening, vascular angiogenesis and ventricular thickening) outside of a pathology (cmyopathy; which doesn’t really have pro vascular effects on cardiac tissue) might be good adaptation: aka what we call an athletes heart.

But I think the pursuit of getting to 230,240,250 often time negates any effects and adds to it negatively. Most big guys don’t have ideal BP, or have had bad Bp for a while until they addressed it. That didn’t help the heart, androgens certainly don’t, nor does GH, nor does the out of shape muscular guy who only lifts heavy weights and thinks that’s enough for his heart (common with bbrs).

So while I don’t think being more muscular is directly bad for the heart; the above factors imo don’t make it any easier.

Now I got no data for this and I’m typing this while eating my pre workout meal before going to train chest like a bodybuilder [emoji846]...so I’m no stranger to the realm of hypocrisy

These are just my views; anything you or other smart folks share will only add more to refine them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

almost 64 here.. highest was 270 and sittn at 250 now.. like it was said the more weight you have to carry around the more your thumper works.. for me its keeping your cardio on the upside to make the heart muscle function as efficient as possible.. simple fix .. pro

[emoji846]

Hey man, no bully [emoji14]

I have some views that might not be supported by clinical data.

The changes a heart goes through with muscle gain (myocardial thickening, vascular angiogenesis and ventricular thickening) outside of a pathology (cmyopathy; which doesn’t really have pro vascular effects on cardiac tissue) might be good adaptation: aka what we call an athletes heart.

But I think the pursuit of getting to 230,240,250 often time negates any effects and adds to it negatively. Most big guys don’t have ideal BP, or have had bad Bp for a while until they addressed it. That didn’t help the heart, androgens certainly don’t, nor does GH, nor does the out of shape muscular guy who only lifts heavy weights and thinks that’s enough for his heart (common with bbrs).

So while I don’t think being more muscular is directly bad for the heart; the above factors imo don’t make it any easier.

Now I got no data for this and I’m typing this while eating my pre workout meal before going to train chest like a bodybuilder [emoji846]...so I’m no stranger to the realm of hypocrisy

These are just my views; anything you or other smart folks share will only add more to refine them.

That all makes sense. But we are not talking about dizziness, shortness of breath, etc. that would result from heart dysfunction. We are talking tiredness, sleepiness, lethargy while at high body weights. Unless you are in heart failure already, those won't be affected by your heart health, really (assuming you have at least decent cardiovascular fitness).

The biggest factor is not the body weight itself, but rather the constant eating that allows you to carry that much weight. Lower your caloric intake and do some intermittent fasting as a 300 pound guy, and you will feel much more alert and less sleepy. But you also won't stay 300 pounds for long :(

That all makes sense. But we are not talking about dizziness, shortness of breath, etc. that would result from heart dysfunction. We are talking tiredness, sleepiness, lethargy while at high body weights. Unless you are in heart failure already, those won't be affected by your heart health, really (assuming you have at least decent cardiovascular fitness).

The biggest factor is not the body weight itself, but rather the constant eating that allows you to carry that much weight. Lower your caloric intake and do some intermittent fasting as a 300 pound guy, and you will feel much more alert and less sleepy. But you also won't stay 300 pounds for long :(

This is right.

I didn’t read the post properly, popped in, liked and moved right along lol

Although I do think water retention (especially in big guys does affect the heart and lethargy), now whether or not those effects are immediately felt or not we don’t know. Then there’s GH raising HR in most people, I can’t assume that’s good for anybody.

When I was taking Mk 677; I felt the shittiest out of all the time periods I’ve had as a bodybuilder lol, I was also pushing food, but tbh, looking back there’s a general feeling of tiredness that you had regardless of food intake, and sadly you just get used to it until you stop taking it.

Since drug use is basically on an even playing field nowadays with 6-10 grams being used by 220 lb social media guys: it’s really genetics, food and training styles (I know I’ll get disagreements on this from folks, but oh well) that separates the big guys.

And genetics and training aren’t causing lethargy; so massive food intake has a big role like you said.

:yeahthat:
Yes i confirm for me, i feel that is the constant eating

This is the one of main reason I went to 220 lean. I was fed up constant eating and being all the time sleepy and tired. 40 lbs made a huge difference in my life. Feeling good is my top priority being 39years old and having two kids and wife.

Anyone feeling great at that weight classes???

I have only been doing cardio when i diet/do prep. Thinking about doing it more consistently. Anyone has experience that this could help?

And thanks for the link to the publication.. interesting stuff.

Anyone feeling great at that weight classes???

I have only been doing cardio when i diet/do prep. Thinking about doing it more consistently. Anyone has experience that this could help?

And thanks for the link to the publication.. interesting stuff.

cardio doesn t help so much

Al though I'm no where near the size of some of you guys, cardio definitely helped me when I was 25lbs over my regular weight of 205. I went from being gassed walking up stairs to being able to do hikes without too much difficulty. I dropped about 7lbs of water weight after starting cardio as well and I increased my calories by the exact amount I was burning during cardio (monitored by a fitbit).

I then took MK677 and it all went to shit lol. Nothing could fix that feeling.

I honestly think the human body has to get used to the weight and THEN the fatigue backs off.

For instance, I pushed myself to 290 at the end of last year. I was wiped, hard to bend over and tie my shoes, put on socks, walking up stairs just sucked. But middle of this year I pushed myself again. Very similar cycle, a better look at that weight and an overall increase in energy. Wasn't a chore like it was before. Its kinda what Dante talks about when he says holding a offseason weight for awhile. Yes, when you initially get there, it sucks. But just like everything else in the human body...it gets used to this and adapts.

Excessive caloric intake leads to mitochondrial dysfunction. At least in morbidly obese people it does.

Last edited:
Growing up i was 145 pounds at 6foot.

I was looking like a bean pole.

Over the years of overeating protein i got up to 230 pounds at 6foot. Im still am.

What i changed is that i dont lift weight anymore.

I just do cardio on a elleptical but the main thing is i still eat HIgh calories bodybuilding.

So i maintain all the mass i built over the years. But since im doing only cardio with the elleptical i can move my 230 pound ass still.

I dont wanna shrink, My goal now is to maintain this while being able to move.

Thats why only cardio but i make sure to eat High Calories High Protein meals tru out the day.

Im not a monster at 6foot 230 pounds lean. But this is what i can Maintain on 3 High Protein meals a day + 2 Shakes.

Doesnt cost much in money(2 shakes cost nothing) and still be muscular while being able to move.

PLus i have alot of time to do things in life. While being able to maintain 230 pounds at 6foot.

I really think the best one can do is 3 High Protein meals(Complex carbs+ Meat/eggs) + 2 shakes(1 morning, 1 afternoon). You dont waste time and you can still maintain a big amounts of mass without losing time.

Last edited:
People that live the longest aare not big or tall usually. It is more then just about the heart I would bet. The CNS , immune system and all the rest are spread thinner. If living as long as possible is the goal then BBlng is probably not the best path to follow.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear