over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why BBing contests suck

PHIL HERNON

Banned
We see EVERY SINGLE COMPETITOR coming out with the same lat spreads, double biceps, side chests, like we have never seen it before. It pains me to see guy after guy after guy just doing the same poses while trying to smile. We make a whole day event out of picking the best physique, and have to sit through 85% of the BULLSHIT ROUTINES just to see 1 or 2 guys that look good. Just line them up, pick the 3 best guys and have them posedown against each other. FINI< DONE< END OF STORY, and it saves us all of a days time and money. The expos SUCK, its just the same supps in different labels and bottles. All these girls prostituting themselves in order to sell vitamins or tanning lotions, its hillarious.
Have you ever driven by a field of bulls? How fast can you pick out the biggest, most muscular bull? 30 seconds? Thank you.

I can only applaud this :D

We see EVERY SINGLE COMPETITOR coming out with the same lat spreads, double biceps, side chests, like we have never seen it before. It pains me to see guy after guy after guy just doing the same poses while trying to smile. We make a whole day event out of picking the best physique, and have to sit through 85% of the BULLSHIT ROUTINES just to see 1 or 2 guys that look good. Just line them up, pick the 3 best guys and have them posedown against each other. FINI< DONE< END OF STORY, and it saves us all of a days time and money. The expos SUCK, its just the same supps in different labels and bottles. All these girls prostituting themselves in order to sell vitamins or tanning lotions, its hillarious.
Have you ever driven by a field of bulls? How fast can you pick out the biggest, most muscular bull? 30 seconds? Thank you

I agree its not that hard to see who is the best. The fans even can see that when you hear them BOO... when the judges pics are way off. Its all political at alot of comps. I had a good bro that I work with compete 4 months ago. He did the opens middle weight and maters class. He should have placed 2nd overall. He took 4th in the open middle weight should have won the class. There were to other masters in the open middles that placed 2nd and 3rd. When he was in the masters class later that night they placed him 2nd in that masters class overall and he beat those 2 others out in the masters class that placed higher than him in the middle weight open class. The bro who won the overall masters was a heavy weight and won the overall open show also. My bro should have recieved 2nd in the overall open show behind him also. He explained thats what happens when you dont compete in 5 years and your face is not seen even if you are obviously better than the others who placed above you. He was very dissapointed at placing 4th in this show considering back in the eary 90's he was placing 3rd and 4th at the team universe and looks a little better now than he did then at 44. Hes a natty and just does it for fun so no AAS concerns and has his regular life. This comp really discouraged him from doing another show though. He has said its harder to diet at his age now. The promoter for the musclemania was at this show and did aske him if he would do his show this year as he remebered who he was from 5 years earlier when he use take the top 3 overall at that show when he did it.

Last edited:
I wish there was a way they could change it... No offence to all the competitive guys here but Id like to see it some how More aggresive.
Not Just coming out in the skiddys Posing..Maybe some kind of more head to head competition to it. Maybe they already have that though and its called
Power lifting or worlds strongest man :confused: :D

something to atleast change it up a bit though, I agree.
what or how that could be Im not sure.

I think the guys should definitely be able to do individual posing routines or atleast the top 10 or so. I mean you bust your ass and diet hardcore for 8-16weeks so you should get your moment in the sun if you want it. It might be boring for the audience but for some competitors it's the pay-off for years and years of hardwork in the gym. As for the Expo's I happen to like them personally because you get to meet all the old pros and get signed pictures and autographs from your favorites. It's also an opportunity to try all the new supplements and stock up on the free samples. Phil you've probably been to so many shows that it's lost its luster for you but for those of us who only go to say 1 or 2 shows a year it's a fun time. I know I look forward to the Arnold expo.

the originality is lost today and they all pretty much look the same.. the 80's was a much better time for phyiques..IMO

HAHAHA Funny

I agree its somewhat lame everyone trying to be like the next guy which is why my posing is now stright up old shcool , it actually looks best on my physique anyways and if they dont like it and i look different well fuck em im sticking with what i think looks best on my physique.

As for the expo its just fun to see alot of bbers or wannabees and some hotties walking around sticking there asses out , i mean wtf do you want a bunch of meat head dudes handing out lil baggies and t-shirts hahaha .

Yea back in the 70s the shows wouldnt last long at all there was no music or flashy dancing with lame costumes on , there wasnt hype built up over competitors , they just got up on that stage and got the job done , nowadays everyone looks the fucking same , that ironmans top 5 was avg ht 5ft 5inches lol to me Lee was the only one worth paying to see just my opinion .

In Pumping Iron the posedowns and individuals togethr was like 5 min for everybody. Now its 5 min a person. I guess if your paying $20-25 for a local show and $100 and over for pro contest the promoters what you to think your getting your money worth or know one woulde go to the event.

I enjoy watching the bikini and fitness competitors they can take all the time they want.

its all about the benjamins

look at the super bowl today how much time is spent on advertising and how bout that lovely 9 hr half time show and pre show??? May be a waste to some but others want to sit through it. I mean who wants to pay 20, 50, to 100 dollars to see a 30 min show? But as many BBers stated b4 its not about them its about how much money they can make for the person promoting the show. Its not a sport its a acivity that has the combination of a cattle show and a beauty pagent.
goo

Cant really agree. Believe it or not, i went to see a Kentucky show and the sound system was boomin and loud and every competitor put some effort into their routines. Now not every guy was the best dancer or flowed the best, but all were unique and creative and it was alot of fun to watch. If all shows were like this, it would be alot better. Best poser awards would definatly help. Bodyrock hands out a best poser award every year, and there is always a few great routines in there.

bigbaldbulldog said:
the originality is lost today and they all pretty much look the same.. the 80's was a much better time for phyiques..IMO

I totally agree with that. The pros today playing the shear mass game has thrown aesthetics out the window.

boring and political...

top 5 in each class should fight to the death....sorry sick mind in need of sleep.

PHIL, I AGREE.

I ACTUALLY WAS A LIVESTOCK JUDGE IN FUTURE FARMERS OF AMERICA....I JUDGE THIS CLASS OF ANGUS HEIFERS D,A,C,B. HEIFER D HAS A CLASSIC FEMININE HEAD, LONG FROM SHOULDER TO FLANK, AND DISPLAYS A NICE AMOUNT OF MUSCLE...BLAH, BLAH, BLAH....

I AGREE WITH YOU....IT'S EASY TO PICK OUT THE TOP THREE GUYS AS SOON AS THE WALK OUT ON STAGE. HELL, AT THE WEIGH-INS....i THINK IT WOULD BE PLAIN ASSED BORING TO BE A JUDGE AT TIMES! UNTIL THAT ONE GREAT PHYSIQUE CAME A LONG THAT FIRED YOU UP ALL OVER AGAIN. I ALSO WOULDN'T MIND JUDGING WOMENS FIGURE. AH, BUT THAT'S ANOTHER STORY!! LOL....

they should have a show with a combination of powerlifting/strongman and bodybuilding...now this would show a true athlete. the looks of a bodybuilder with the strength of a strongman. just like marius pudz. at least it would be a little bit more interesting.

joshbarnett said:
they should have a show with a combination of powerlifting/strongman and bodybuilding...now this would show a true athlete. the looks of a bodybuilder with the strength of a strongman. just like marius pudz. at least it would be a little bit more interesting.

training in all three styles, along with competing at a low bodyfat would cause so many injuries there would be no competitors.

We need to put on the shows like they did back in the day, 40's and 50's. They just did not stand around in thier speedos and look buff. They had to have functional muscle.
Hey just bring back Vince McMahon and the WBF baby. He'll show you how to put on a show.

RC

Why they don't suck...
1-people busted their asses to get onstage
2-lean/muscular physiques are admirable
3-if you like the sport you like watching!

If you don't wanna watch then don't! Ask who won, look at pictures, or go online for results.

TH

Trulyhuge said:
Why they don't suck...
1-people busted their asses to get onstage
2-lean/muscular physiques are admirable
3-if you like the sport you like watching!

If you don't wanna watch then don't! Ask who won, look at pictures, or go online for results.

TH

*applause*

Phil i dont understand the point of the comments. We never said u had to like it??? We are just stating why we like it and amire it.

PHIL HERNON said:
I just dont understand why you like it so much I guess. I think it is so new to you and the guys are so much more muscular than you that it is exciting. I mean, how can you sit there and watch person after person after person do the same poses over and over again? Can you explain that to me so I can better understand, other than saying that they busted their ass. Can you tell me that there was any difference between any of the last 7 Olympias? I mean, do the guys change that much to you? Are they doing different things onstage? I am curious to hear your response. If it is a groupie thing, then I guess I understand a little more.

Why do you hold such bitterness and hate towards a sport you once obviously loved and devoted your life towards? I dont get it. Then you go and try to degrade me by callin me a groupie and talkin about how much more muscular everyone is than me? What is your point in bashing the sport? Does it make you feel better? I respect your knowledge on this sport Phil, but not your outlook on the sport. Have i ever thought about tryin to be pro one day? sure i have. Have i realized genetics are a big part of the sport and its not realistic to me? yup probably will never happen. So why do i do it? It gives me a goal in the gym. Gives me something to prepare for, something to compete in. Im a competitor by nature, and this is my chosen area. I dont take doses of shit to compromise my health, i always get my blood done and make sure im healthy.. but hey nobody is perfect and on point with this shit. Its not 100% safe but i do it in the safest way i know how. So will i ever win nationals? odds are heavily against me n probably wont happen... doesnt mean i wont try (but stay within healthy limits). Show day is no fun, your right.... but the road up to show day is the fun part. The whole process... watching your body change... having people compliment you and admire you..... knowing you can do things most of the world cant and will never do. I like standin out in the crowd and being different in a good way and yea like all of us (and if you say you dont your lieing out your ass) i enjoy the attention most of the time when its positive.

Now Phil i did not attack you, but i have an idea of the type of response your gonna give me on this.... im even gonna write it down.... prove me wrong.... i bet im right and i know how you are about to respond...

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131