advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why did all the old school guys have no gyno?

palehorse51

Registered
Why did all the old school guys never have gyno?

Except for Franco in '81 LOL!

Seriously most of thoses guys had no hint of gyno!

Last edited:
Most of them used low doses of d-bol, so they didn't get gyno. A lot of people will say they used large amounts, and some of them did, but most of them didn't. For example Larry Scott only used 10 mgs d-bol a day.

Do you think d bol has no gyno effects? probably not if used in low doses by itself.

Makes me wanna run Primo as my base with EQ. Libido be damned! my wife wouldnt like it though. maybe throw in some proviron?

palehorse51 said:
Do you think d bol has no gyno effects? probably not if used in low doses by itself.

Makes me wanna run Primo as my base with EQ. Libido be damned! my wife wouldnt like it though. maybe throw in some proviron?

Yes that's what I'm saying, d-bol can cause gyno but in low doses it is unlikely.

palehorse51 said:
Except for Franco in '81 LOL!

Seriously most of thoses guys had no hint of gyno!
In the old school days these guys did not have the plethora of crap we choose to use today. Good solid training, good solid nutrition and a few red m&ms to bump up the size and strength.

JohnnyPro said:
Most of them used low doses of d-bol, so they didn't get gyno. A lot of people will say they used large amounts, and some of them did, but most of them didn't. For example Larry Scott only used 10 mgs d-bol a day.

just out of curiosity, how do you know larry used 10mg of dbol a day?

and just so you guys know some people dont get sides from dbol or any other gear even at very large doses (2 + grams a week!) and some will look a a bottle of test and get tits!

km2000 said:
just out of curiosity, how do you know larry used 10mg of dbol a day?

and just so you guys know some people dont get sides from dbol or any other gear even at very large doses (2 + grams a week!) and some will look a a bottle of test and get tits!
true, true. but, all the guys from back in the day had no gyno. it has to do with the gear used then. when was nolva introduced?

km is right.. we truly do not know what these guys took.. larry was on record saying they took 20 mgs of dbol and that was it.. now, he could he telling the truth.. he may have took 30 and played it down.. we will never , ever know.. we have to remember that there was plenty of absue back then too.. ric drasin, arnolds old partner, was quoted as saying they used to fear for arnold because he took so much dbol.. again.. we just dont know.. but, much of the "healthier" look could be attributed to the fact that they did not use much test and relied on more anabolic substances.. primo, deca, winny ect.. sergio said that when he took dbol, he felt bad.. so he said the best combo he found was deca, winny.. but, again.. we truly dont know..
but, there is no excuse for getting gyno.. period.. if ya think you are prone to it.. take a anti e .. they are cheap.. take em if ya need em.. again.. no excuse these days.. anti e;s are plentiful.. and easily available.. so either take a anti e and avaoid the gyno.. or take more anabolic compounds that dont easily convert..

I'll bet the healthier look could also be attributed to the food consumed then also, and the fact that they didnt over eat and bring the bodyweight 50lbs over comp weight like some big guys today.... the food was also of much better quality! I think they were still drinking live milk then as well (no pasterization) I could be wrong though?

Larry Scott is my step fathers uncle, I guess that makes him my great step uncle? or something... he live 20 minutes from me here in salt lake city and I see him on a regular basis at family events and sometimes train with him in his gym... when I first started bodybuilding he gave me some of the best advice as far as training, nutrition, drugs, and competitions.. his training is pretty old school but ha worked great for me! nutrition info was also very helpfull, told me while bulking to drink a gallon of milk a day and got me in contact with a farmer to get the raw stuff! I dont drink the milk anymore for a few reasons but reccomend it to anyone who can get the raw stuff and is trying to gain.. competition advice was to do one show per year(or 2 in the same month as each other) and take the rest of the time to let the body recover and make improvements.. never really went into the drugs except tellin me to wait( I was 18 or 19 when I spoke to him about this)... If you guys are really nice to me;) I will ask him to give it to me straight, and tell me what he used in his day and how much.. hes a really cool down to earth family guy with great morals and lots of respect for the sport! he still gets a booth every year at the O, go up and chat with him I'm sure you'll get some good advice.. he was also on the bb.com radio show a month or 2 ago, you should give it a listen, really puts things in perspective!

o.k. my name dropping segment is over:)

km2000 said:
I'll bet the healthier look could also be attributed to the food consumed then also, and the fact that they didnt over eat and bring the bodyweight 50lbs over comp weight like some big guys today.... the food was also of much better quality! I think they were still drinking live milk then as well (no pasterization) I could be wrong though?

Larry Scott is my step fathers uncle, I guess that makes him my great step uncle? or something... he live 20 minutes from me here in salt lake city and I see him on a regular basis at family events and sometimes train with him in his gym... when I first started bodybuilding he gave me some of the best advice as far as training, nutrition, drugs, and competitions.. his training is pretty old school but ha worked great for me! nutrition info was also very helpfull, told me while bulking to drink a gallon of milk a day and got me in contact with a farmer to get the raw stuff! I dont drink the milk anymore for a few reasons but reccomend it to anyone who can get the raw stuff and is trying to gain.. competition advice was to do one show per year(or 2 in the same month as each other) and take the rest of the time to let the body recover and make improvements.. never really went into the drugs except tellin me to wait( I was 18 or 19 when I spoke to him about this)... If you guys are really nice to me;) I will ask him to give it to me straight, and tell me what he used in his day and how much.. hes a really cool down to earth family guy with great morals and lots of respect for the sport! he still gets a booth every year at the O, go up and chat with him I'm sure you'll get some good advice.. he was also on the bb.com radio show a month or 2 ago, you should give it a listen, really puts things in perspective!

AWESOME!! I have looked up to Larry for along time!

km2000 said:

Larry was my number one idol when I first started bodybuilding at 19 years old. I just turned 52 and he is still my idol.

ya he's a class act for sure, if you get a chance to see him train, or see him with his shirt off he is prett impressive. he's in his late 60's now I belive, but you wouldnt know by looking at him... he's also made a good living for himself through his personal training cetrification buisness and sellin his own line of supps... his rise from being a skinny idaho farm boy to olympian is pretty impressive too! he has a book out that details his life and training techniques that I would reccomend to anybody who's into bodybuilding... next time I see him I'll pick his brain some more, or if any of you have some legitimate questions for him I'll be glad to ask!

km2000 said:
ya he's a class act for sure, if you get a chance to see him train, or see him with his shirt off he is prett impressive. he's in his late 60's now I belive, but you wouldnt know by looking at him... he's also made a good living for himself through his personal training cetrification buisness and sellin his own line of supps... his rise from being a skinny idaho farm boy to olympian is pretty impressive too! he has a book out that details his life and training techniques that I would reccomend to anybody who's into bodybuilding... next time I see him I'll pick his brain some more, or if any of you have some legitimate questions for him I'll be glad to ask!

I have that book, "Loaded Guns" and it's great. Lots of good information there. If possible I would like to know the truth about his steroid use. I know this is touchy and will take all of your cunning to get the info.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbmike99
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws