YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why did "old school" bodybuilders not take Aromatase Inhibitors? Are AI's a gimmick?

Nolvadex was around since 1967, I knew what it was in 1980, so Dan didn't tell me anything I already didn't know. Everyone I knew was taking Nolvadex with Test in their cycles. We would do HCG and Nolvadex for our PCT. The reason people got gyno, was too lazy to take it or didn't take high enough amounts for the amount they took of AAS.

Yeah, Novadex was available to me in 87 and I used some along with my dbol.

just watched "pumping iron" last week.
i kept thinking,
not one of those guys, not ONE, had even the slightest puffiness, u know that ring around the nipple almost everyone has now?
no one had any signs of gyno at all.
i wondered how that could be. cuz nowadays u see it on way too many guys.

the ring is an areola and i don't want to get into a purely nipple discussion but Franco ended up with pretty severe gyno at the '81 Olympia. i believe you could see it in its early stages in Pumping Iron. Big Lou also had some puffiness going on in my opinion. Pretty sure both (Arnold too) ended up going under the knife at some point for the surgery.

**broken link removed**

in this pic it's pretty clear (at least IMO) that Arnold had the surgery at some point

Yeah, Novadex was available to me in 87 and I used some along with my dbol.

To my working knowledge, Tamoxifen citrate (Nolvadex) has been available as a chemotherapeutic treatment agent since the early 1970's. On a side note, methandrostenolone (dianabol) was originally synthesized by the European pharmaceutical company CIBA back in the mid-1950's and became available on the U.S. market between the late 1950's and early 1960's. Historical details vary but a few reliable pharmacology-for-nerds websites state that it was originally developed by German scientists in the mid 1950's, which is not surprising at all since the Germans were 10-15 years ahead of most of the world in scientific research and development.

This is a serious question. I have been around a long time and for the life of me cannot remember when Aromatase Inhibitors became a must. Now of course, I remember Nolvadex and Ciclofenil for PCT purposes. These were necessary for blasting and cruising. Which is all we did back then. But then at some point guys were just taking a vial of Sustaton 250 a week year round (hence TRT was "basically" invented. A little on the high side for TRT). But I can't remember one bodybuilder taking an AI until the early 2000's. How did Ai's come into play? Sometimes I think they do more harm than good for guy like me in our early 40's who average about 250 mgs of test a week and nothing else. And yes my Hemoglobin/Hematocrit are always in range as I give blood every 3 months. So somebody please enlighten me on the benefits of an AI? (I am speaking of pharm grade AI's here such as Aromasin,Arimidex,Nolvadex,etc.).

JAP

Test wasn't really a thing back in the day. They took Primo, Masteron, D bol Wintrol etc.. Deca was not taken in huge doses either.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131