YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why did "old school" bodybuilders not take Aromatase Inhibitors? Are AI's a gimmick?

JAP426

Registered
Why did "old school" bodybuilders not take Aromatase Inhibitors? Are AI's a gimmick?

This is a serious question. I have been around a long time and for the life of me cannot remember when Aromatase Inhibitors became a must. Now of course, I remember Nolvadex and Ciclofenil for PCT purposes. These were necessary for blasting and cruising. Which is all we did back then. But then at some point guys were just taking a vial of Sustaton 250 a week year round (hence TRT was "basically" invented. A little on the high side for TRT). But I can't remember one bodybuilder taking an AI until the early 2000's. How did Ai's come into play? Sometimes I think they do more harm than good for guy like me in our early 40's who average about 250 mgs of test a week and nothing else. And yes my Hemoglobin/Hematocrit are always in range as I give blood every 3 months. So somebody please enlighten me on the benefits of an AI? (I am speaking of pharm grade AI's here such as Aromasin,Arimidex,Nolvadex,etc.).

JAP

They couldn't click a few buttons and have it arrive at their doorstep.

That probably played a role.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Availability. Knowledge. Etc.. they Aren't a must unless they are a must.. if your taking 250 mg of test chances are you don't need one. If your taking 2500mg of test chances are you will. Inhibiting some of the aromatase enzymes activity will reduce the conversion to estrogen and its subsequent metabolites, which over time on high doses of test will become problematic.

Last edited:
because guys theses days rely on drugs and not training or diet

Last edited:
People got gyno back then too. They just would have the whole gland removed, so they would not get it again.

Dan Duchaine introduced tamoxifen back in the 80's. Not sure how A.I's came into the scene. Possibly Dan as well?

The first gear-lined board I became a bit active on was MuscleMag, in the grey area forum. That was around 96-97. One of my first net purchases was from a Mod there which consisted of Brovel deca, Omnadren 250 and some tamoxifen.

It's been around for a bit.

Last edited:
Dan Duchaine introduced tamoxifen back in the 80's. Not sure how A.I's came into the scene. Possibly Dan as well?

The first gear-lined board I became a bit active on was MuscleMag, in the grey area forum. That was around 96-97. One of my first net purchases was from a Mod there which consisted of Brovel deca, Omnadren 250 and some tamoxifen.

It's been around for a bit.

Stewie, How old are you?

Stewie, How old are you?

52 y/o.

There is a place for SERMs and A.I's. No gimmick to their use. Some clinicians Rx them. So they serve their purpose, if needed.

On the other hand, I believe some individuals overuse them.

I believe the aromatase inhibiter came to market 90-91 if I'm not mistaken. Tamoxifen and Clomid has been around for a long time, 1960s-70s I believe.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Its odd when you look at it.

All 70's bodybuilder didnt have gyno. But i dont know what gear they use.

I know they used dbol, but dont know about anything else.

Duchaine brought Nolvadex to bodybuilding as stewie stated. He didn't invent it, but he is usually given respect for the one who got it going into BB.

AI's were first introduced to BB'ing in the early 2000's. The earliest form I remember of was Liquidex.

I was on a private forum back in the last half of the 90's, and Duchaine and many others was on it (Doggcrapp was too if he remembers), and Arimidex was discussed, but was not being used at the time. There was also discussion of GHRP-2/Ipa etc as well, as a guy/source was claiming to sell them...but it was believed as fake (off topic).

I love AI's, but if you are having side effects from them, then yea, you probably are overdoing them.

They gained popularity because after using Nolva up until that point, and many complaining it was too weak, Arimidex did the job. If it/they didn't work, then nobody would buy them.

Last edited:
Duchaine brought Nolvadex to bodybuilding as stewie stated. He didn't invent it, but he is usually given respect for the one who got it going into BB.

AI's were first introduced to BB'ing in the early 2000's. The earliest form I remember of was Liquidex.

I was on a private forum back in the last half of the 90's, and Duchaine and many others was on it (Doggcrapp was too if he remembers), and Arimidex was discussed, but was not being used at the time. There was also discussion of GHRP-2/Ipa etc as well, as a guy/source was claiming to sell them...but it was believed as fake (off topic).

I love AI's, but if you are having side effects from them, then yea, you probably are overdoing them.

They gained popularity because after using Nolva up until that point, and many complaining it was too weak, Arimidex did the job. If it/they didn't work, then nobody would buy them.

We must also realize now that numerous studies cite that nolvadex has AI activities based on the metabolites nolva produces.. So little did these guys know but they were taking AI after all..

Nolvadex was around since 1967, I knew what it was in 1980, so Dan didn't tell me anything I already didn't know. Everyone I knew was taking Nolvadex with Test in their cycles. We would do HCG and Nolvadex for our PCT. The reason people got gyno, was too lazy to take it or didn't take high enough amounts for the amount they took of AAS.

I didn't even read the post.

They didn't used to have any selective aromatase inhibitors. They just used DHT. Proviron is just DHT like Masteron, and they used Proviron as an aromatase inhibitor. Now they have Exemestane as an ideal DHT aromatase inhibitor.

DHT affects many enzymes, not just aromatase. Even more so, 17aa DHT derivatives affects some of these enzymes so much that people notice the "side effects."

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear