over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why do gains stop at 8-10 weeks?

pieguy

Registered
This has been a nagging question in the back of my mind for many months that never gets discussed so I thought I'd finally ask it.

Everybody knows that gains are not consistent throughout a cycle. When you're fresh, gains come easy and they begin to stall out at 8 weeks. Some say myostatin kicks in, some say your body reaches homeostasis, etc, etc. You have two options which is you change compounds or you up the dose.

My question is do the gains stall because of the weight gain or because of the time you've spent on the same consistent hormones? For example, you're consuming 2800 cals and using 1g of test + 525mg of tren for 12 weeks, then you up your calories to 4500 to start gaining lean mass. Does your body still go through a consistent 8 weeks of mass gain or does it stall sooner since you've been on the same dose for > 8-10 weeks?

I haven't been able to answer this question because I always cruise at 200mg test for a few weeks between any high dose blasts. I usually switch compounds too because I do not like bulking on tren so i've never experienced this scenario.

Experience based or science based explanations are both appreciated.

Your body is only going to get so big on a certain dose. thats where the genetics come in. No one will keep gaining on say 500mg test forever.

Once there body hits a sustainable weight on that dose (this is different for everyone and why some people need smaller/larger doses) it won't matter how much you eat or train thats it for that dose.

Now you can maybe change more calories or work but your really just squeezing the last bit out of the toothepaste.

That didn't really answer the question though. Does your body switch from fat loss to mass gain for a consistent 8 weeks if you transition from a cut to a clean bulk) on the same dose? This isn't about maxing out on a dose of gear.

Say i cut on a ridiculous cycle of 2g test, 1g of tren. My body would not be maxed out on that dose, which is fairly high, yet i might stop gaining mass at 8-10 weeks regardless.

There are many reasons, if you are more advanced..you reached the max at that dose of that compound. If you don't want to change or up add GH, slin, mast proviron. Check your estrogen , prolactin ect.

Or Your body grows in spurts. I can grow for 6-8 week and then stall. If I detrain for a few weeks and than hit it hard again I'll keep growing (ill drop the dosage a bit during this time) this way I know if I've maxed out at a dosage.

There are many reasons, if you are more advanced..you reached the max at that dose of that compound. If you don't want to change or up add GH, slin, mast proviron. Check your estrogen , prolactin ect.

Or Your body grows in spurts. I can grow for 6-8 week and then stall. If I detrain for a few weeks and than hit it hard again I'll keep growing (ill drop the dosage a bit during this time) this way I know if I've maxed out at a dosage.

Just speaking hypothetically here, what if you bulk on 8-10 weeks of 5g of test and 15iu of hgh a day. Does your body still stall out cause you've maxed out on that dose? This is assuming you're not an IFBB who has reached near genetic potential. Did your gains stop at 10 weeks cause of the body getting used to that dose or did your body stall cause you've gained too much weight too quickly? Or is it both?

Interested as well.

Everyone says you must run EQ 16wks. If you stall at week 10, then this theory doesn't make sense.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_homeostasis"]Human homeostasis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

That didn't really answer the question though. Does your body switch from fat loss to mass gain for a consistent 8 weeks if you transition from a cut to a clean bulk) on the same dose? This isn't about maxing out on a dose of gear.

Say i cut on a ridiculous cycle of 2g test, 1g of tren. My body would not be maxed out on that dose, which is fairly high, yet i might stop gaining mass at 8-10 weeks regardless.

Your body will max out if your dose and all other factors are consistent. Maxing out is more than mass gain its also fat loss or bf%. Lets use round numbers to demonstrate. At a dose of say 500mg test a week. If you ate the same exact amount of calories, minerals, same amont of rest, stimulation, etc. your body might be at 220 lbs. at 10% bf. It will not change until you do with something ( dose, calories, training, whatever ).

Now your genetic code is what determines what dose will do what to you. Also your personel choices will determine it as well. If you start eating to much surplus, wrong calories, not training you will reflect those.

We all have known people that were just naturally lean and muscular or strong. It's different for everyone. Now the time frame of 8-10 weeks I am not sure on. Again there are so many variables because what people say they do and what they actually do are two different things. I can't count how many times someone says " I just can't lose weight or get strong even though I am working out 5 times a week ". Then you find out they are eating garbage and doing 2 sets of ten.

So there isn't a real answer to tis question because really only the professionals or people that are super dedicated can really tell when things are starting to change because they are very consistent with there training and diet.

I don't know how people can say that winny, tren, or any other compound is so great when they are running 3-4 things at once. You have a greater overall anabolic effect with total amount of AAS. Now if you run something by itself consistently you can make that assesement.

Just speaking hypothetically here, what if you bulk on 8-10 weeks of 5g of test and 15iu of hgh a day. Does your body still stall out cause you've maxed out on that dose? This is assuming you're not an IFBB who has reached near genetic potential. Did your gains stop at 10 weeks cause of the body getting used to that dose or did your body stall cause you've gained too much weight too quickly? Or is it both?

Im not that advanced. I dont go over 1500 total compounds.... But i dont think it matters....It takes a lot of energy to build tissue. The body try's to conserve energy. So if your on that much gear and GH and have been shoveling food (takes energy to digest) plus that much gear pushes the adrenals. A few weeks Deload will do wonders. If you up the dose you'll grow, but why not max out your dose first?

I'm trying to understand the mechanisms and processes through how gear effects us instead of using just trial and error. I know I don't need 5g of test and 15iu hgh, but I'm wondering why the body will no longer grow at such a high dose.

You're not genetically maxed, so one has to assume the body just can't put on that much weight that quickly, for extended periods of time. Maybe it really is the myostatin kicking in.

When you guys say drop the dose, you're breaking homeostasis, which means you'd be guessing that your body had adapted to the high dose of gear so that's why gains stop. But what I'm wondering is what happens if you cut for 10 weeks at 5g/15iu and then slam calories for 10 weeks. Wouldn't you technically be still in homeostasis from the extended time on gear, or would the extra calories break the homeostasis causing mass gain?

Some say cortisol/myostatin etc

IMO comes down more to people's diet not progressing with their weight/muscle increase.

I'm trying to understand the mechanisms and processes through how gear effects us instead of using just trial and error. I know I don't need 5g of test and 15iu hgh, but I'm wondering why the body will no longer grow at such a high dose.

You're not genetically maxed, so one has to assume the body just can't put on that much weight that quickly, for extended periods of time. Maybe it really is the myostatin kicking in.

When you guys say drop the dose, you're breaking homeostasis, which means you'd be guessing that your body had adapted to the high dose of gear so that's why gains stop. But what I'm wondering is what happens if you cut for 10 weeks at 5g/15iu and then slam calories for 10 weeks. Wouldn't you technically be still in homeostasis from the extended time on gear, or would the extra calories break the homeostasis causing mass gain?

Yes that's more than enough gear to keep growning. I believe that if your diet and training are spot and progressing.. little mini breaks will keep you growing.
You will eventually max out what you are taking but I think most people bump it up to early.

This is why I start doses lower and gradually move up which means longer cycles. Changing compounds works but why not just gradually up the dosage to a certain mg. amount. Set your own maximum end mg. amount. Once that plateau of mg. no longer yields gains, then you change compounds and gradually up that. Much cheaper doing it this is way in my opinion. This is why I like short esters and don't usually use orals to jump start. I actually love orals towards end of bulk cycles and exclusively use short esters so I notice the effects sooner. ill never never use long ester eq/deca compounds after using the shorter esters, for me I can gauge gains/plateaus sooner.

You're not gonna constantly gain regardless of what you do, otherwise current pros would be 400+pounds by now. Of course cut cycles are a major factor to constant gains but even with myostatin manipulation, your body can't be able to constantly gain right?

I have been off everything for 10 weeks. Hope to restart new gaines when i start new cycles

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear