advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why do people who can't be disciplined with their diet annoy me so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beside Little slice, it would interesting to see how you all look where you can belittle over weight women or think you deserve better.

big girls need lovin too. :D

Beside Little slice, it would interesting to see how you all look where you can belittle over weight women or think you deserve better.

big girls need lovin too. :D

Fatguywearingnofatchickstshirt.jpg

Feel free to give out all the diet advice you want. It's good information for people to know even if they don't apply it on your timescale. Information is always portable and through the spreading of information, people become informed so that when they do get serious about it, they know what to do. This whole rant in this thread about free advice is ridiculous. If it wasn't for free advice, I would not have known half the things I do. This entire board is free advice if you look at it.

We like to think we are the disciplined ones. And some of us are. But often we are the insecure ones that have severe anxiety problems and body dysmorphia issues and that's the cold hard truth. So pat yourself on the back if you can say that you're comfortable in your own skin because you're a good person and know that for a fact. But maybe heap a little shame on yourself if you can't feel good about yourself unless you're 240lbs lean. As someone else said, that's quite far from the norm and people in that physical condition make up only perhaps 0.1% of the population.

Having disgust for others simply because they live life on their terms, enjoying the foods they like, and not being just like you is wrong thinking. I climb rocks and ice. Does my girl? Hell no! Do people look at what I do and think it's just stupid? Yes. Do I care? No. Because that's who I am and what I do. And if I want to eat an entire loaded pizza because I love the taste? That's my business.

I sort of think your girlfriend/wife should tell you to kiss her ass and love her of leave her. You're not her trainer/dietician/therapist. You're her lover.

Just be that.

I don't think anyone here, myself included, is opposed to giving out advice at no charge. I mean, people ask me stuff right here at Pro Muscle all the time and I respond to them the large majority of the time (the only time I don't is when I am short on time). I have never charged any of these people to answer such questions.

However, I AM opposed to wasting my time, which is almost certainly going to happen when designing free programs for people. People that ask others to provide their employable services for free (such as designing diet/training programs) almost NEVER apply the information they've been given...and if they do, it is for a very short period of time.

I am sure there are some people out there who would follow through, but they are the rarity...and I have yet to encounter such a person.

Those of us who have been in this situation know this through experience. As I see it, my reluctance to design programs for free isn't born out of greed or selfishness, but out of basic self-respect for myself AND others.

Let's look at it this way. If you or I walked up to an attorney and asked for a free 2 hour sit-down on how to best handle a particular court matter, they would probably laugh in our face or just walk away. Furthermore, we would NEVER expect an attorney to invest that much time with a complete stranger at no charge.

Yet, how many people somehow think that we, who have invested an equal amount of time gaining knowledge in our field of expertise (in some cases even more), should be expected to do so? The thing is...many of us actually have done this multiple times over the years without ever expecting anything for it, which brings me to my point...

If an attorney actually did provide 2 hours of free advice on how to best handle an upcoming court case...and then the man didn't apply a single piece of advice he was given, even after the attorney selflessly spent his valuable time, that man would be considered a disrespectful asshole because he intentionally wasted that attorney's time.

Asking for advice that will never be applied, especially when the advice giver would normally charge for his expertise, is highly disrespectful to both the person giving the advice as well as the person asking for it. It is a waste of time on both ends, but the disrespect only lies on one.

I don't think anyone here, myself included, is opposed to giving out advice at no charge. I mean, people ask me stuff right here at Pro Muscle all the time and I respond to them the large majority of the time (the only time I don't is when I am short on time). I have never charged any of these people to answer such questions.

However, I AM opposed to wasting my time, which is almost certainly going to happen when designing free programs for people. People that ask others to provide their employable services for free (such as designing diet/training programs) almost NEVER apply the information they've been given...and if they do, it is for a very short period of time.

I am sure there are some people out there who would follow through, but they are the rarity...and I have yet to encounter such a person.

Those of us who have been in this situation know this through experience. As I see it, my reluctance to design programs for free isn't born out of greed or selfishness, but out of basic self-respect for myself AND others.

Let's look at it this way. If you or I walked up to an attorney and asked for a free 2 hour sit-down on how to best handle a particular court matter, they would probably laugh in our face or just walk away. Furthermore, we would NEVER expect an attorney to invest that much time with a complete stranger at no charge.

Yet, how many people somehow think that we, who have invested an equal amount of time gaining knowledge in our field of expertise (in some cases even more), should be expected to do so? The thing is...many of us actually have done this multiple times over the years without ever expecting anything for it, which brings me to my point...

If an attorney actually did provide 2 hours of free advice on how to best handle an upcoming court case...and then the man didn't apply a single piece of advice he was given, even after the attorney selflessly spent his valuable time, that man would be considered a disrespectful asshole because he intentionally wasted that attorney's time.

Asking for advice that will never be applied, especially when the advice giver would normally charge for his expertise, is highly disrespectful to both the person giving the advice as well as the person asking for it. It is a waste of time on both ends, but the disrespect only lies on one.

I agree with 100% of EVERY post you wrote in this thread.... Can't tell you the hours wasted of "friends" wanting free advice.... Just like you said earlier.... if the client/friend doesn't pay in someway there is no accountability... these are just 1 of those things you can't do for free... I actually think you're doing the individual an injustice by doing so..... this is what I do with friends

I charge em $500 for 12 weeks... they look at me and their eyes pop open.... but I tell em that I wont spend it.... I hold the money hostage... if they comply with everything I ask of them not only do they get the results they wanted I also give them their money back..... if they do what they choose and not follow the plan I keep their money...... that simple..... so if they waste your time at least you got compensated... .. its a win win for everyone...

Ur gf is obese and your a piece of shit for judging her, fuck im so over this community of self indulge dildos. wake the fuck up, this life isn't for everyone and shouldn't be. you hate that ur gf is fat... then go get a new one and God forbid if she judges you for something.

You know what I hate? low life pieces of shit who judge others for their lifestyle...

grow up... this is amateur bobybuilding at best for most of us...

dieting isn't for everyone
training isn't for everyone

maybe shes not lazy maybe she just has no desire to be like you...maybe she tries to diet to have something in common with you.... maybe shes doing the best she can ...maye she isn't.....possibly it doesn't even matter when you think about life....

Then shouldnt you also hate people who judge people as low life pieces of shit.

No that's not judgement that's fact. If you are with someone and you hate on them or talk shit about them on the Internet for anyone to see bc they are fat your a piece of shit and that's fact

I agree with 100% of EVERY post you wrote in this thread.... Can't tell you the hours wasted of "friends" wanting free advice.... Just like you said earlier.... if the client/friend doesn't pay in someway there is no accountability... these are just 1 of those things you can't do for free... I actually think you're doing the individual an injustice by doing so..... this is what I do with friends

I charge em $500 for 12 weeks... they look at me and their eyes pop open.... but I tell em that I wont spend it.... I hold the money hostage... if they comply with everything I ask of them not only do they get the results they wanted I also give them their money back..... if they do what they choose and not follow the plan I keep their money...... that simple..... so if they waste your time at least you got compensated... .. its a win win for everyone...

That's an interesting way to do it. One thing is for sure--no one is going to frivolously waste your or their time.

No that's not judgement that's fact. If you are with someone and you hate on them or talk shit about them on the Internet for anyone to see bc they are fat your a piece of shit and that's fact

Ahhh i just checked my fact booklet and i see that now.

Ridiculous. All of it. Attorneys go through a wicked amount of cost and schooling, taking years college courses, law school, passing the bar, interning and time in the DA's office, etc in order to provide legal counsel. To earn that professional title.

And no sensible attorney wouldn't give a rat's ass if the person applied the advice or not. It's their funeral. An attorney is a professional career.

Furthermore, you aren't giving out professional advice. Are you a registered dietician? A physical therapist? A PhD or doctor of sports medicine? A pharmacist? Are you even a physical trainer? We have all of the above on this board and when they give advice, I read it and heed it.

Your qualifications in this arena will afford you a long, prosperous career at GNC or The Vitamin Shoppe. Not much more I'm betting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear