over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why do Pro's do so many sets?

HBV is no secret, IMO the best Pro's of all time did not use DC methods.
because they had the genetics that no matter how they trained they were going to be freaks, paul dillet is a prime example!

We are not equal, face it... An stupid example: My girlfriend is a genious, when people ask her about strategies to study she replies: "I just read the book" and that´s it... she just "reads the book" the day before the exam and then she has results that breaks records 20+ years old... but again and again people ask her about "the secret" and she replies the same, people ALWAYS THINK SHE IS BULLSHITING... if they want about scientific approaches to study they should ask me because "just reading the book the day before" stoped working when i was 5 years old....

We are not equal, face it... An stupid example: My girlfriend is a genious, when people ask her about strategies to study she replies: "I just read the book" and that´s it... she just "reads the book" the day before the exam and then she has results that breaks records 20+ years old... but again and again people ask her about "the secret" and she replies the same, people ALWAYS THINK SHE IS BULLSHITING... if they want about scientific approaches to study they should ask me because "just reading the book the day before" stoped working when i was 5 years old....
AH ahahahaha.........but what if you can't read????:eek: LOL

Facing a life of dishwashing at home is enough for me...
so don´t make jokes!!! :p :D
Must be the genetics then huh? LMFAO.....;) :D

If you watch Ronnie in his video for say flat bench he does 4 sets per exercise but starts with 135 for 12, then 225 for 12, 315 for 12, 405 for 12 and that usually being his last set for that exercise so actually he does 3 exercises per bodypart in that fashion and that really amounts to 3 work sets per bodypart but he calls it 12 sets but only the last set per exercise is taxing and with him doing each bodypart 2 times per week that would be only 6 total work sets per bodypart per week.

exactly

Thats why im the gooiest, I can actually walk down a Ice cream isle at the grocery store and get fatter... Im sorry to say Im a genetic specimen when it comes to liponeogensis and obesity. Sorry Bros, just the way it is.

Goo

Thats why im the gooiest, I can actually walk down a Ice cream isle at the grocery store and get fatter...

Goo
I bet you would also get happier with that ice cream so it wouldn´t be so bad... don´t worry about what you can´t change, doing it the best you can and being proud of your efforts is better than being bitter for not being Phil Heath

many of those vids are shot close to a show, when the bber is training light to reduce risk of injury, and high volume to simply expend more energy. this isn't an accurate representation to how they train the rest of the year.

My first training routines were hitting each bodypart twice a week with heavy waits with only 1 main exercise.

Its was either push/ pull or upper/lower routine.

I would do a rep scheme of 10,8,6,4,4, 2,2 which the 10,8 was like a warm up.I would add weight when both sets of 2 became sets of 3.

I would do that for a few months then switch to 5 x 5 method. I would start with a weight I could do 4x4 and when I hit all 5x5, I'd add 10 pounds to all the lifts. I went from 160 -220 in 2.5 years. Grated I was between the age of 18-21 and my hormones were naturally high and I was growing anyways, but I have not grown like that even with HRT since.

After that I started playing with all the fancy once a week routines of 4-5 exercises a bodypart ,workout different rep schemes and never got bigger or much stronger. If I got bigger it would just be added bodyfat.

I started out in 9th grade lifting up at my High School. We had about the worst weight room you could imagine. 1 Bench, 1 power rack, but 4-5 Olympic bars and a alot of weight. Idid nothing bit squats, deadlifts, power cleans, bench press, close-grips and bb curls. 3-4 times a week. These were 4sets of 5 reps or 3x3 sometimes.When I got all my reps for all my sets Iwent up in weight. I never missed a workout ( that I can remember ) I also at whatever wasn't nailed down.

I worked out like this all through High School-because I had no choice mostly.I also grew like crazy and got to around 240 by my senior year. I remember finally joining a "real"
gym and doing the popular workouts of the time 20-25 sets per bodypart once a week. I Worked out like that for about 3 YEARS-with not much to show for it!

Looking back I would have been better off doing my High School workout-but fell for what the magazines were shoveling- Funny how nearly 22 years later I am working out similar to how I did back then and making progress! My training is very basic but heavy with the focus on weight progression.

pars

Im going to risk REALLY getting flamed here......but im gonna DISAGREE with what most have said about genetics being the END ALL........

YES, genetics are VERY important. I will conceed that. NO ARGUMENT! But i dont think theyr the end all....now using myself as an example (leaving myself WIDE OPEN to flame)....im gonna risk it anyway.....

If i get ONE compliment on here over and over, the one single one i get the most is "you improve so much from year to year". WELL, i think i have some of the worst growth genetics there are. When i graduated high school i was 150lbs and maxed out on the bench at 205lbs! You know it took me 3 months of heavy lifting when i finally started at 19 to hit 225! I fight and claw for every single lb, yet everyone keeps sayin i improve at a great rate. I think its attention to detail and busting my ass in the gym. Shit, the highest iv gotten now is 246 (bloated) and low 230's (not bloated maybe 12%). I am NOT juiced to the gills, and have always been off at least half the year (with the exception of this year honestly).

Now, do i think this is the furthest i go? Doubt it. I plan to reach 250 this offseason if not more! I have a new plan, and some new diet strategies i plan to apply as well. Attention to detail and being smart.

I know Dexter Jackson is a prime example. Yes he has the genetic SHAPE. But the size he fought hard for. I know, because i know people who know him personally and even heard stories about how he got depressed because he couldnt initially put on size.....then he really started hammering it (and juicing more)....but he fought for all of his 230lbs.

Im sure some pro's just have it easy and blow the fuck up (Phil Heath prime example of blowing up on SMALL amounts, i remember sayin NO FUCKING WAY when i heard what he took to win the USA!). But not ALL

Im going to risk REALLY getting flamed here......but im gonna DISAGREE with what most have said about genetics being the END ALL........

YES, genetics are VERY important. I will conceed that. NO ARGUMENT! But i dont think theyr the end all....now using myself as an example (leaving myself WIDE OPEN to flame)....im gonna risk it anyway.....

If i get ONE compliment on here over and over, the one single one i get the most is "you improve so much from year to year". WELL, i think i have some of the worst growth genetics there are. When i graduated high school i was 150lbs and maxed out on the bench at 205lbs! You know it took me 3 months of heavy lifting when i finally started at 19 to hit 225! I fight and claw for every single lb, yet everyone keeps sayin i improve at a great rate. I think its attention to detail and busting my ass in the gym. Shit, the highest iv gotten now is 246 (bloated) and low 230's (not bloated maybe 12%). I am NOT juiced to the gills, and have always been off at least half the year (with the exception of this year honestly).

Now, do i think this is the furthest i go? Doubt it. I plan to reach 250 this offseason if not more! I have a new plan, and some new diet strategies i plan to apply as well. Attention to detail and being smart.

I know Dexter Jackson is a prime example. Yes he has the genetic SHAPE. But the size he fought hard for. I know, because i know people who know him personally and even heard stories about how he got depressed because he couldnt initially put on size.....then he really started hammering it (and juicing more)....but he fought for all of his 230lbs.

Im sure some pro's just have it easy and blow the fuck up (Phil Heath prime example of blowing up on SMALL amounts, i remember sayin NO FUCKING WAY when i heard what he took to win the USA!). But not ALL
I will bet you 500 dollars that you DONT KNOW what phil heath took when he won the USA's.... wanna bet???? we will let skip from IM determine the winner :D

I will bet you 500 dollars that you DONT KNOW what phil heath took when he won the USA's.... wanna bet???? we will let skip from IM determine the winner :D

Leave me out of this.

The only difference I really see between MOST high volume guys(say a Ronnie Coleman) and MOST low volume guy(Yates type) is one counts his warmup sets and one doesn't.

This is very true. And that one set is the most important one, because that's the one you're progressing on. Most people don't know how to be progressive on the one set that's important, and that's what guys like DC and Phil try to advocate, along with Dorian, Mentzer, etc.

The bottom line is most of us need to accept that Genetics are going to determine what approaches we can get away with, and which ones we need to apply to get bigger. DC, Phil Hernon, Dorian, Palumbo and others who train on a lower volume higher-intensity routine have figured out the quickest ways to get there, you just have to be disciplined enough to follow it.

Last edited:
b-boy........I know what phil was taking 12 weeks out of turning pro .....at least by his words because I was going to sponsor the guy right before Muscle Tech stepped [thanks to jay cutler] in to help the guy.[I and I couldn't help him like he needed ] He was broke and didn't have much knowledge .......Skip will verify I am sure ......but when he and I spoke it was two items totaling 800-1000 mgs if I remember correctly.........he hadn't touched gh yet [may have for the show ] ....and zero insulin[clearly on it now ] ......the man was humble ,and nice.......and clearly lived up to his name the gift........I think he beat DEX at the O IMO .......don't see where dex beat him.......Phil is taller , much better calfs, similar shape ,balance , and condition...pretty equal from the back ,dex takes chest and phil takes arms ....not sure where dex really beat him......I still think Wolf can hang with those guys in time .......and now that Shawn Ray is back in the mix ,seeing dex ,priest ,shawn ,henery, and phil next one another .......with wolf as the monster ......it gives me hope that 90s look is back......

.......and now that Shawn Ray is back in the mix ,seeing dex ,priest ,shawn ,henery, and phil next one another .......with wolf as the monster ......it gives me hope that 90s look is back......

Say what? Did i miss something about Shawn Ray?

Is this post what your talking about Iabadman?

Does Shawn still live the bodybuilding lifestyle?
To answer the question, "Partially."
I still eat Chicken, Rice, Salads, Etc but I also include Taco's, Hamburgers, Cold Cereal, Sandwishes and Baby food!
I was hitting the gym twice a week for a stretch during the spring, then the baby came and I was packing on the baby fat during the summer. Olympia came and went baby is now 6 months and the "Call of the Wild" is playing in my ears with everyone asking the Comeback question.
With that, I decided to cruise in the gym and see what it looks like and sure enough, the weights looked pretty good to me, even Sexy!
So, as of this morning I woke up, Whipped up some Eggs Whites n Oatmeal, went to the gym and trained with 6 time Middleweight Champion of Ireland, Brian Bullman on Chest and Tri's (lt wt of course!)
I got a hard on for the rush of Blood pulsating through my veins and when I got home, I tossed a big Porterhouse Steak on the BBQ Grill with some steam Rice and felt like I was in Heaven!
I am now working on meal number 3 hoping to get in 5 today! I will repeat the cycle all week, by the way I also did my Ab routine of years past so I know tomorrow I'm screwed either way.
If I can make it through to Friday and again up to the nationals in November, the New Year will be a cake walk! At which time, I should no longer be sore, dieted dwon a bit of the baby fat and ready to make my Push for 200lbs by the Arnold Classic! Then I will assess my progress and if the fire is burning hot, I will serve notice to Lee Priest, Richard Jones, David Henry and all the other Midgets out there who want to try and make a name off my hard work!
What, WHAT!

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members