over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why do supps all have artificial sweeteners

TODouble2

Registered
Why don't more supplements companies use stuff live stevia? I try to stay away from artificial sweeteners as much as possible. If you take a few powdered supplement throughout the day, like amino acids and stuff like that which tastes terrible alone, you're taking in quite a bit of artificial sweeteners. Protein powders too.

It's an industry geared towards health, so why are products with natural calorie-free sweeteners so rare?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

get unflavored, and add your own flavoring...

that's what i do..

i don't know how these guys drink a double chocolate mocha peanut butter
shake...!!! lolol

gross...

I think in general artificial ingredients are cheaper to purchase. It is quite annoying going thru the process of trying to make healthy choices in the direction of your goals....only to steps back.

Sent from my SM-G530P using Professional Muscle mobile app

get unflavored, and add your own flavoring...

that's what i do..

i don't know how these guys drink a double chocolate mocha peanut butter
shake...!!! lolol

gross...

i know.. .im just saying i like the convenience of buying supplements if the ingredients are well thought out, but its impossible to find them without that bullshit in them.

Only to take steps back....This is a typo, my apologies. What I meant is I was agreeing with TOdouble2. Its a shame companies use artificial sweeteners, or garbage ingrediants. Example food colorings. I dont think I need scientific literature to back up a supplement label you can read in your pantry. Were not debating cancer prognosis dude?

Sent from my SM-G530P using Professional Muscle mobile app

Why don't more supplements companies use stuff live stevia? I try to stay away from artificial sweeteners as much as possible. If you take a few powdered supplement throughout the day, like amino acids and stuff like that which tastes terrible alone, you're taking in quite a bit of artificial sweeteners. Protein powders too.

It's an industry geared towards health, so why are products with natural calorie-free sweeteners so rare?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sorry to tell you but they really don't give a damn about your health :)

The current trend seems to be low carb....so people like to see labels with no sugar on them....but they still want a product to taste good

True nutrition has stevia options.

Free-form amino acids and most protein powder doesn't taste pleasant. Some worse than others. Companies must flavor their products with something to sell to the masses.

As Tenny previously mentioned, can always purchase your own ingredients and mix them according to your own desires. You'll quickly learn which ones are very difficult to mask the taste.

for protein i use brands with stevia.

i wish this would translate over to things like aminos and pre-workout formulas. they ALL seem to still carry aspartame or sucralose. and yes you could look for stuff that's completely unflavored but c'mon, that gets so boring. i do like a little flavor to something like aminos that im sipping on for an entire hour at the gym, but i hate the artificial sweetners with a passion.

i wish this would translate over to things like aminos and pre-workout formulas. they ALL seem to still carry aspartame or sucralose. and yes you could look for stuff that's completely unflavored but c'mon, that gets so boring. i do like a little flavor to something like aminos that im sipping on for an entire hour at the gym, but i hate the artificial sweetners with a passion.
Aspartame is made from aspartic acid and phenylalanine, an essential amino acid. That isn't to say it's harmful or healthy. It just seems puzzling that an individual might haphazardly consume large quantities of stimulants in a pre-workout and yet be extremely concerned about artificial sweetners.

Aspartame is made from aspartic acid and phenylalanine, an essential amino acid. That isn't to say it's harmful or healthy. It just seems puzzling that an individual might haphazardly consume large quantities of stimulants in a pre-workout and yet be extremely concerned about artificial sweetners.

I'm not "extremely concerned" - most of us on here are probably using more dangerous compounds than sweetners, but it would just be nice if there would be a push towards getting rid of them. It's one less thing to worry about.

Staff online

• MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear