over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why do you Bodybuild?

awesome question.....I'm an all or nothing guy, in absolutely everything I do....I wish I were balanced, but I'm not.

I bodybuild because it keeps me focused and proactive. It also keeps me disciplined.

deep inside I know I am addicted .
to the size , to the pump, to the release of energy and stress while working out.
the feeling of strength is a very addictive thing.

started lifting for football at 13, got big and strong quick [6" and 50lbs] by 15.. by 17 I was 6'2" at 220 lbs solid rock. Had great genetics for anything active. With my job which is all skill' strenth + stanima, lifting ia a great compliment. Now at 42, the anti aging properties of being fit are awesome..Look 25 from the neck down..LOL

Awesome Posts Guys!!!! Thank you!! Some of these are very motivating!!!

I was an athlete in High School. Ended up hanging out with the wrong people at the wrong time and got beat down real bad with a baseball bat. Doctors said I was lucky I wasnt retarded from all the brain trauma, not to mention dead. I was crushed and scared shitless that Id never play sports or have problems for the rest of my life. After about a week they let me out the hospital and the swelling in my head went down. 3 months after that I joined the track team because I couldnt play contact sports and they had access to a weight room. Rest is history, never stopped.

way too many reasons to count. at first it just starts off as something to be more appealing to the opposite sex, but over time, there are so many other advantages and it becomes so addicting

- to be in great shape
- to feel unstoppable
- to look better than 99% of everyone else
- to get compliments from people, which always feels good
- to look better for women
- improves general well-being
- and most importantly, the changes you see personally are just so self-satisfying, that only we can explain it

Last edited:
From T-Nation interview to "Johnny Juicer/Steroid Lover":
"I've always said, the only reason I train is so l can take shit. Why else work out? If you want to get healthy, go ride a fuckin' bike."

My xwife was/is still a nut job, she split several years ago for another dude. I went right to the gym without questioning the decision. Seemed like the right thing to do at the time, bodybuilding saved me, I found peace in the gym. Don't know what I would do without bodybuilding in my life.

So its getting warmer out here in NYC and Im starting to wear alot less sleeves. Yesterday I random woman in the street walked up to me in amazement over my body. She was like your one of those bodybuilders guys from the magazines right? Im like Im not in magazines yet! LOL Anyways we got to talking about training/diet etc. When she asked me the question why would you do all of this to your body? Whats the point?

I thought about it for a second, and answered I do this because I know 9 out 10 people couldnt do what I do. And that bodybuilding taught me hard work and dedication in all aspects off my life. She was blown away!!!

That was a well thought answer.

Honestly at this point, i guess the answer is:

What else would i do with all my free time? I mean it has become a way of life. I lift 3x week and do cardio most mornings(for heart health...it isn't real strenuous cardio truth be told). I still have time in my life for everything else that i enjoy:spending time with my family, my son, reading, writing, playing computer games etc, so why wouldn't i want to look good.

And Hilly, i agree 110% we put a ridiculous amoutn of tikme and effort into this, and it definitely translates to all aspects of life.

I do it for myself. I know ill never be pro, but if i can be better tomorrow than i am today, then that is enough for me. I like the battle of beat5ing my log book, i like the food and as dumb as this sounds i like the suffering of ideting and training. As bad as it may feel in that moment in time the results and rewaids that come from it, make it worth while!

I do it to relieve stress and to keep me outta jail...I either train or I am going to knock out some retarded punk that decides he wants to pretend to be the big man. Stupid kids nowadays need a reality check, unfortunately, I do not want to go to jail to give them one.....

So in short; "I train to keep the anger simmering".

I have a few reasons; health, anti-aging, etc. but mostly I do it for my family.

It may sounds strange, but It strengthens my marriage. Since the wife and I both compete, we align our training and goals, we travel, compete and celebrate for a few days out of town. San Francisco was a freaking blast in October; Raiders game, Sausalito, the food the sex…. Sacramento was amazing the year before, love that City.

Also my two sons are watching. I don’t want them to be bodybuilders at all. But I want to be a role model of determination, persistence and discipline. I demonstrate a work ethic and they see it. I tell them, hard work and persistence will get you what you want in life. They are excellent students and athletes. It’s working…

my reasons:

-what else am i going to do when im not working or at school
-i have loved being a gym ever since i started training for football at 15
-challenging yourself is extremely rewarding
-there aren't many things you can change about yourself, you cant change your ugly face or your parents but you can change the way you LOOK and that has always interested me :headbang:

I was skinny in high school, poor self body image.

Now i'm far bigger than anyone I went to high school with(then and now), thus body image problem solved.

Now I just enjoy the lifestyle and the challenge of pushing myself physically and mentally, so I press on

I love the challenge to try and be the best that I can be. I don't compete on stage but I do compete against myself every year. I use to be fat in High School and I love it when people can't even recognize me anymore.

STEVIE ZEE GREAT STORY

Wow makes me feel lucky to be able to train the way I do after watching that.

At 54 5" 10" @ 238lbs 10% bf. I have been doing this since I was 16. I love the power, size, looks, pump. I'm in better condition than when I was 16. Its a way of life for most of us. I will train until its not possible any more and this just shows it better be a good resaon why I'm not doing it.

"I was an athlete in High School. Ended up hanging out with the wrong people at the wrong time and got beat down real bad with a baseball bat. Doctors said I was lucky I wasnt retarded from all the brain trauma, not to mention dead. I was crushed and scared shitless that Id never play sports or have problems for the rest of my life. After about a week they let me out the hospital and the swelling in my head went down. 3 months after that I joined the track team because I couldnt play contact sports and they had access to a weight room. Rest is history, never stopped. [/B][/I]"

Sorry you hear that man. Fucking pisses me off when i read stuff like that.

i love the natural high. i love knowing that what i put in to it is what ill get out of it, and that its up to me and no1 else.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear