advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why do you choose bodybuilding and how long have you been joining this game.

Alliance Raws-Zoe

Registered
Let's do a survey here.

How long have you been in the gym. And the most important question: what is it that makes you love bodybuilding so much and become crazy about bodybuilding? Is it a natural thing that just happened at a very young age?

For me, I was gradually influenced by you guys. There is a local saying in China :“One should love what he do”I have mentally admited tha bodybuilders is extremely attractive to people after I've work for several months. Thanks to my customers, I step into the gym doing exercise. Now, I find much confidence when I look into the mirror.

What about you? Why you love bodybuilding?

I got into it at the age of about 14 because I was sick of being so skinny. I hit puberty early and was 6 foot tall, my adult height, by the time I was 15 yrs old. I weighed 135 lbs!

I thought girls would be more interested in a guy that wasn't a skinny nerd! I also liked the way it looked. Watching the movie Conan the Barbarian as a young man really impressed me. I wanted to look like Arnold. Started lifting in 8th grade with a set of those plastic weights and bench from Sears and Roebuck. Anyone remember the Sears Wishbook!? I remember drooling over the pages that showed the weights and begged my dad for it.

When I turned 15 I talked my parents into buying me a nice set of Olympic plates with a bench that could do everything I needed. I squatted off the back of it and had attachments for pulldowns and leg ext/curls. Started in on steroids mainly at age 28 or so. I did do some dianabol and winstrol when I was a senior in high school but it didn't last long. The main source in my area was arrested and it made national news.

Fast forward 23 years at the age of 38 to when I had my heart attack. Stopped bodybuilding then and since then (10 more years) have only been doing a light version of what I used to do.

So started at age 15 and I am 49 years old now.

http://monsterdad69.blogspot.com/2011/12/resurrecting-past-1980-sears-wish-book.html Wishbook memories in the 80s.

Last edited:
Ate too many paint chips as kid

I started in the gym in 2001 to stay out of trouble. I was twenty years old and it was a positive thing . I started working all my body parts and body building in 2002. I started competing in 2009, after a major injury.

I love it because I love the way I can change my body and it makes me more attractive.

Just got into excercising because i was joining the military while in high school, enlisted in the dep program, started working out, fell in love with it. Unfortunately about a month before graduation and anout a month and a half before leaving for basic training i was in a bad rollover car accident that kept me in the hospital. Had nerve damage, went blind in one eye for a while due to the swelling. So the military medically discharged me, tried to get waiver to get back in but it was a no go. Pretty much healed up and the love for lifting was still there, so kept on doin it

33 years non-stop.
I love the look of course and getting stronger.

But now I have realized the constant challenge, the steady incremental improvement, and the lessons learned have been valuable.

For me it is also a moving meditation where I can clear my head and connect with my core self via intense focus and concentration. This is invaluable for me.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Coming up on 10 years.

It gave me purpose and desire. "A man on a mission, idle time is your worst enemy" so I turned idle time into a positive, I'm OCD now but it's cool, I dont miss oppurtinity to get better in any area of my life since.

Started as a teenager because I was intrigue by muscle and strength. I immediately realized that I was much improved in sports after a summer of lifting. I was hooked. I used weight training as an adjunct for sports, bodybuilding in off season and shifting it around for more specialized strength and explosiveness at points. I guess I've been weight training for about 42 years.

I didn't like team sports or being a part of a team. I like to win or lose on my own. Much easier see if there is real progress. I started in 1973.

I was always athletic and pretty muscular when i was younger. Never worked out just played sports. High school was more interested in partying then sports haha. College was the same. Noticed I started holding more belly fat and didn’t like the way my body was changing. New I had to changed something

Started lifting serious around age 21 and fell in love with it. It has helped me stay away from partying so much and has taught me how to eat correctly. It has taught me a lot of disciple and a lot more.

Started gear at 25 and wanted to compete. I love it and regret nothing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since I was 15, now I'm 30

If it wasn't for lifting / exercise in general I would either be dead, or a drug addict. Its not just bodybuilding, its overall exercise in general. I'm the type of person that always has to be moving...And if I'm not moving I get anxious or depressed pretty bad.

I implemented bodybuilding because I figured I might as well try since I'm already exercising vigorously and soon I became ADDICTED, lol

For me it is also a moving meditation where I can clear my head and connect with my core self via intense focus and concentration. This is invaluable for me.

This totally hits the nail on the head with me. Get some headphones in with music blasting and I'm in some sort of meditative state that gives me a natural opioid like high that calms me down the rest of the day so I can keep my life in order

Back when I still played soccer, I used to do all kinds of things to annoy my team mates even going as far as scoring own goals to lose games. The same kind of behavior in PT class, I was an obnoxious asshole kid ruining it for everyone else any chance I got.

Needless to say I really needed a solo sport :D

Broke my back at 20 years old had to strengthen my core and just kept building 24 years now

Bodybuilding saved my life. I had a lot of sexual and physical abuse as a child. I needed away to deal with all the pain. I started lifting at 8years old so I would be so big no one would ever attempt to mess with me again. Bodybuilders are actually pretty good guys with big hearts. A couple of bodybuilders at the gym starting helping. I competed in my first show at age 15 in a high school event. Once I tasted it, it was all over. I was a pro football player as well, but I can say no other sport requires more hard work, discipline, and dedication than bodybuilding. If done properly bodybuilding can be a very healthy and life saving activity. So many benefits to the mind, heart, and soul if done with the right attitude.

Last edited:
didnt like being skinny. AND.... i dont think i have ever admitted this before... i did it so my feet would look smaller:eek: that prob sounds super crazy. i am about 5'11" and hav a size 14 shoe:eek: i reached my adult height in middle school:confused:
i really do think it worked tho... once i got 200lbs+ i dont think i ever heard any jokes about my feet being big. i was also older tho and nobody prob gave a damn....

whats hard now is continuing to work out and be in the lifestyle. i have basically completely let ig go for past 3 years. and its been nice. soooo nice to not have the day revolve around food. so nice not to be sore and aching.
not so nice to have dad bod:(

new years resolution is to get back in the gym. cant promise i will be eating all the time (i dont care at all to be "big" anymore i would rather live longer)
-F2S

didnt like being skinny. AND.... i dont think i have ever admitted this before... i did it so my feet would look smaller:eek: that prob sounds super crazy. i am about 5'11" and hav a size 14 shoe:eek:

Hey, you are a lucky man. We all know what big feet means! I was like you and hit 6 foot which is my adult height in the 8th grade. My feet are only size 11 1/2 though :(

I was a pro football player as well, but I can say no other sport requires more hard work, discipline, and dedication than bodybuilding.

Did you play ball at a big college then too? Can you share what league you played for? I bet you have some good stories about your experiences there. Some guys at the college I attended went off to play football in Italy, I had never heard of that.

Hey, you are a lucky man. We all know what big feet means! I was like you and hit 6 foot which is my adult height in the 8th grade. My feet are only size 11 1/2 though :(

this is true in my case:)

yeah was wild to be near 6 ft tall in middleschool then by end of highschool all my friends caught up or passed me in height
-F

Bodybuilding saved my life. I had a lot of sexual and physical abuse as a child. I needed away to deal with all the pain. I started lifting at 8years old so I would be so big no one would ever attempt to mess with me again. Bodybuilders are actually pretty good guys with big hearts. A couple of bodybuilders at the gym starting helping. I competed in my first show at age 15 in a high school event. Once I tasted it, it was all over. I was a pro football player as well, but I can say no other sport requires more hard work, discipline, and dedication than bodybuilding. If done properly bodybuilding can be a very healthy and life saving activity. So many benefits to the mind, heart, and soul if done with the right attitude.

you forgot "drugs" in that list:star-war:
-F2S

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws