over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why do you want to get BIG?

tree33

Registered
I asked myself this question almost a year ago. My goal was to keep getting bigger and bigger, but then I wondered, how big am I really capable of getting and what GOOD is it going to do me. At 6' 240lbs "a good 40lbs was water weight and fat". people would always say how big I was and that drove me to want to get bigger. This is going to sound weird but I walked outside the gym one day and saw a brand new Lamborghini and this guy Huge pure muscle like maybe 7% body fat "just a guess" got out of this awesome car. The guy dwarfed me and made me feel puny small. Anyways I went home and was telling my brother about the car and the guy, and he said wow, I can't believe he works out at that gym. Thats when I said that I had seen cars like that parked at grocery stores and with a boggled look on his face I said where do you suppose people that own things like are suppose to buy there groceries at. And he said I don't know I assumed Heaven and we both laughed about it. That little statement as small as it may seem really got me to thinking, no matter how big my house was, or nice my car is, or how successful one becomes, I still have to buy food, gas, and other things of that nature. I guess what I am getting at is do you want to be big to compete, get girls, or just to intimidate other guys. BTW, I have been off test since June of 2012 I quite taking my trt and just kept lifting hard and took some trib, DAA, and things of this nature to get everything firing again if that was possible. Well Almost a Year later and it was rough at first, I am still 195lbs way leaner then I have been since I got out of the army in 2005 and guess what People still think I am huge. So I guess for me anywhere between 190 - 210 is still huge for me as long as I am lean.

I didn't comprehend much of the post.

But to answer the question. I want to revel in my own successes as a bodybuilder like how far I've come since point x and how many competitions I've competed and done well in. Basically, for pride. Anyone that gets big to try to intimidate other guys is probably just going to get his ass knocked out by some skinny dude because he's asking for it. Arrogance like that is disgusting to me.

Last edited:
I want to feel comfortable in my skin and let everyone see me as a beast.. Thats why I want to be big.. You really did loose me in all that nonsense lol

Last edited:
I too got lost in the minutia, but for me it's about getting the most I can out of the hand I've been dealt. It's not so much about "big" for me but strong as I can be. Been in and out of Powerlifting since the early 90s. Even in my mid 40s I'm still pushing for that next PR!

Why? Because it brings me pleasure and satisfaction. It is no different than wanting to keep improving in my personal relationships, my career, other hobbies, and finances.

big difference in been big and muscley - i.e. plenty of those big wide boned frames with fat%>muscle%

I want to make the motha fucking concret crack and split my jeans in two.

For me its the art of bodybuilding, i wish i never lost focus on it when i was 21, but from young age i enjoyed the overal art of it, in 6th grade i looked up the the classics like Frank Zane (my cousin competed so he was an influence) then when I was 16 i use to stream the olympia on dial up and just marvel at the symetry and ect. When my teachers would laugh as say thats disgusting i would point out the lines symatry and beautiful of bodybuilding. no homo... Then i got back into it at 26 and did my first show at 28. I could not believe the rush it was to see the transformation from the bulk to contest ready, then the presentation on stage was the best feeling ever. For me its no differnt then the girl who love to dance or the guy who plays basketball. This is what I enjoy to do and desire. Its about accomplishment, overcoming challenges and the pain that we face and have to endure. Then when it all over we look at our selves in the mirror and say we fucking did it. Then we start it all over again that next monday after the show.

Why DID i start lifting?

1. To get girls
2. To stop getting picked on
3. Sports

^ could be 1 of the above, probably at least 2

Its a side effect to the hobby of bb'ing, eating right, and dabbling with hormones!

Something about superheros when I was young... They did good, protected people, and they all were huge. Since they were my role models = I must get huge, and ever since I cannot stop until I reach that goal.

I didn't comprehend much of the post.

But to answer the question. I want to revel in my own successes as a bodybuilder like how far I've come since point x and how many competitions I've competed and done well in. Basically, for pride. Anyone that gets big to try to intimidate other guys is probably just going to get his ass knocked out by some skinny dude because he's asking for it. Arrogance like that is disgusting to me.

You can be intimidating "Big and scary looking" and still be a nice guy, but you just don't have jerks fucking with you because your skinny.

When I was younger I was about 145lbs. I grad. high school at that weight. People wouldn't hesitate to mess with me, but when I got up to 240lbs it was completely different story and nobody ever messed with me and I got a lot more respect from people. So being on both sides of the coin the bigger guy gets more respect then the skinny one. That's why I wanted and did get big well that and football.

Confidence, makes me feel good, bitchez be mirin...

No more twig, beast mode all the way

Paragraphs are cool, you know?

Yeah I know, sorry about that. I get on here with the intentions of staying on track, but my minds thinking 5 different things at once so I just put it all down and hope people can sift through it and get out what my intentions are.

to make my grandkids proud as fuc when they look at pictures of me...

so i can be remembered, i remember all the huge people ive met....

and finally, it's a hobby, would be bored if i didnt do it

I've often wondered that, but with myself, i finally found the answer, through a very painful revelation that i had buried, deep, for over 35 years.

Started out over ten years ago because I was very insecure, now it's just another addiction that has been the hardest to kick.

With me its about being different and seperating my self from the rest of society. Not only that but i feel great, look great, and im very healthy. I want to try my hardest to live as long as i can as well

My wife said to me just last night she thinks I'm getting to big up top. My legs have always lagged. Now she thinks my legs are perfect and is a huge fan of the long and lean Physique look.

I bring it up because it was the first time in a long time I asked why do I want to be big? Am I insecure? Maybe, I'm 6"1' and weighed 147lbs when I first started lifting. I was always insecure about my size and getting picked on. Now I'm 210 at 12-14% BF.

Pulling chicks has never been an issue and I'm happily married now so that's not it.

Or is it that I love the fucking attention when I wear a muscle shirt, with veins popping, tanned up with a shaved head. You know that feeling when you go to the store and you can feel people are staring at you. I know it's because I look good and that make me feel great.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear