over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why does my left quad hate prop?

chinaboy

Kilo Klub Member
I've been using prop for a couple weeks. I rotate shoulders, glutes and quads and for some reason my left quad kills for 5 days following the injection. I've hit it up 3x so far and each time it just hurts and swells just under the injection site. I have used the same bottle for each injection. I would think if it was my technique I would have soreness in other areas and especially the left glute as it is harder for me to maneuver around than the quad. It makes me wonder why my left quad is so sensitive to the prop? Don't get me wrong, the other spots get sore like I'm used to but the left quad consistently makes me hobble for a little under a week. I am just going to skip the left quad when it comes up in rotation or order some sterile oil. What do you think? Can one muscle be sensitive over other?

Nothing on me likes prop. My left quad is different from my right. Prop hurt more there but I didn't have any redness just a lump for a while. I even seem to feel it down my leg when using other compounds, but it's gone when I stop the plunger; it happens pretty regularly no matter where on my left quad I pin.

I've been using prop for a couple weeks. I rotate shoulders, glutes and quads and for some reason my left quad kills for 5 days following the injection. I've hit it up 3x so far and each time it just hurts and swells just under the injection site. I have used the same bottle for each injection. I would think if it was my technique I would have soreness in other areas and especially the left glute as it is harder for me to maneuver around than the quad. It makes me wonder why my left quad is so sensitive to the prop? Don't get me wrong, the other spots get sore like I'm used to but the left quad consistently makes me hobble for a little under a week. I am just going to skip the left quad when it comes up in rotation or order some sterile oil. What do you think? Can one muscle be sensitive over other?

I been wandering the same dang thing, but its my right quad, it takes me about 6-7days to get over it, hurts like heck to even walk let alone something bumping into it, I have now trouble with any other part of my body,,,,,VERY STRANGE, I will be keeping up with this thread to get some info, its got me really curious

I can't pin quads anymore, even though they were my go to spot my first cycles. They literally throb and push the needle out. Idk what the deal is so I stick to delts, no pip, goes in smooth everytime. I can pin them literally everyday no prob.

I'm glad to hear someone else has similar issues. I've tried heating the oil, working out after, heating and massaging the area and nothing changes. It suck being so sore and walking around like you need a cane when you should be enjoying walking around buff sucks. Icing the area when it starts to swell and hurt does help and I should do it more. Ibuprofen helps as well but I don't usually want to take that. I hit up my upper outer glutes the last two spots and they are painless or mildly tender.

Area must have gotten sensitized to the prop, was that the first place you shot it?

Now that area is basically allergic to prop, either the ester or one of the carrier oils/solvents.

...Can one muscle be sensitive over other?

My right gluteus swells sometime. Sometime not. I think it has something to do with the precise location in the muscle fiber I pin. I wonder if I pin in an area where fibers may overlap or are too dense and the area can't absorb the oil, regardless of my technique.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A specific area could develop an allergy essentially. Localized to the exposed tissue. I think this is a real possibility, there is alot we don't know about our immune systems.

An example, cats are known to develop cancer at their rabies vaccination site. This often manifests after a later trauma or vaccination at the same site. The site is sensitized by the initial vaccine.

Last edited:
Everything hates prop. Also the legs are full of nerves (Worst place to inject for me). You either need to find your sweet spot in your legs or switch to another place. But let me ask you this? Why are you using prop (And don't tell me your on a cutting cycle because test is test (Basically) and neither of them "cut fat". Switch to cyp. Same results, less pain, less injections.

Why prop? This is my first cycle in about 9 years. I wanted prop so i could easily adjust if sides presented. Prop seems easier to adjust quicky compared to cyp or enanthate. I want to slowly adjust my dose and find how much AI i need for a particular dose of test. When i feel back in the swing of things i plan to switch to the enathate later in the year at some point. I do have both prop and enanthate but want to use the prop first. I may just switch at some point though but i want to use the prop first. Trust me. I look at that enanthate and think why am i using prop. I guess im just using it to get comfortable using AAs again.

A specific area could develop an allergy essentially. Localized to the exposed tissue. I think this is a real possibility, there is alot we don't know about our immune systems.

An example, cats are known to develop cancer at their rabies vaccination site. This often manifests after a later trauma or vaccination at the same site. The site is sensitized by the initial vaccine.

...IMO, this is the most likely explanation for what ChinaBoy (and myself) are experiencing. I've also noticed, that depth of injections seem to be part of the problem. Deeper tissue seems more "virgin", thus sensitivity is more pronounced.

China, how deep do you drive the pin and what pin size are you using?

I've used both 22g 1" and insulin 1/2" pins in the quad.

Sometimes you get buildup in a often used injectin site and that will make it sore , stay away from that area for awhile then return see if that helps

LICSW/MSW/cscs/ USArmyVet

I'm the same way I think it's Bc we use our left hand might be more nerves in that area I hate pinning my left quad

My left side is more sensitive in general. The right never any pain. The left will be sore for days in all locations.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131