YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why don't diabetics lose sensitivity when using Insulin?

iron lifter

Registered
Newbies
Not sure if this has been asked i couldn't find it... but why can't we as bodybuilders use low dose insulin like Phil Viz talks about to clean up any extra glucose floating around say 2-3 iu per meal indefinitely much the way a diabetic does?

i am sure they are not using escalating doses and they are on this for life? maybe i am missing something obvious only thing i can think of is they don't eat as much carbs, but im sure there are lotta big eaters who are not bodybuilders and are diabetic?

Not sure if this has been asked i couldn't find it... but why can't we as bodybuilders use low dose insulin like Phil Viz talks about to clean up any extra glucose floating around say 2-3 iu per meal indefinitely much the way a diabetic does?

i am sure they are not using escalating doses and they are on this for life? maybe i am missing something obvious only thing i can think of is they don't eat as much carbs, but im sure there are lotta big eaters who are not bodybuilders and are diabetic?
That’s how I use insulin. 10-15 iu pre workout and 2-3 iu pre meal 1-2 times a day. I don’t notice much insulin desensitization this way, and typically lean out some when getting into it

I'd guess because they don't produce insulin to begin with. Every time they use it , they will respond because they don't have it circulating what so ever

John jewitt just posted this today on ig E2B5A74E-A15D-4275-B1D0-227A34C91F05.jpg

Insulin sensitivity depends also if you are in a caloric excess or not.

Moreover most diabetics take Metformin and/or Sitagliptin to stay even more insulin sensitive.

TRT is also something that helps insulin sensitivity, but this is another story.

You don't become insulin resistant from insulin just from:
- abusing gh without using insulin
- caloric surplus
- little activity during the day

I have been using insulin nonstop for 6-7 years and my morning sugar is 72-83, if you know what you are doing, insulin will only help you, even in terms of health, and not hurt

I'd guess because they don't produce insulin to begin with. Every time they use it , they will respond because they don't have it circulating what so ever

You are referring to type 1 diabetics. Type 2 produce too much insulin and have very high fasting insulin levels. This lessens the ability to burn fat as fuel, which is the cause of metabolic inflexibility

You are referring to type 1 diabetics. Type 2 produce too much insulin and have very high fasting insulin levels. This lessens the ability to burn fat as fuel, which is the cause of metabolic inflexibility
Please elaborate on this. So Type 2 diabetics are going hypo???

Yes, type 1

I was under the impression that type 2 diabetics shut down their own pancreas function from lifestyle being in a chronic state of high insulin .

You don't become insulin resistant from insulin just from:
- abusing gh without using insulin
- caloric surplus
- little activity during the day

I have been using insulin nonstop for 6-7 years and my morning sugar is 72-83, if you know what you are doing, insulin will only help you, even in terms of health, and not hurt

i guess the question i have is do you have to keep increasing your insulin dose over the weeks or months? or can you stay at 2-3 iu per meal like a diabetic would?

1. non diabetic pop don't use GH but i have seen some with a1c high as 12.2 a friend of mine etc
2. they are in a surplus many of them
3. no activity

so how can they keep using the same dose over and over again, but we as bodybuilders are told take a break every now and than or use metformin with it and do HIIT cardio and low carb days to keep the sensitivey going or raise the dose?

i guess the question i have is do you have to keep increasing your insulin dose over the weeks or months? or can you stay at 2-3 iu per meal like a diabetic would?

1. non diabetic pop don't use GH but i have seen some with a1c high as 12.2 a friend of mine etc
2. they are in a surplus many of them
3. no activity

so how can they keep using the same dose over and over again, but we as bodybuilders are told take a break every now and than or use metformin with it and do HIIT cardio and low carb days to keep the sensitivey going or raise the dose?
I do not need to increase the dose but lol I do not use 2-3 because it is pointless if you want insulin to build muscle

besides, I don't know what kind of diabetics you know, because I know people who have to use, for example, long insulin 100iu in the morning and 20-30 and even sometimes I heard about 50-60u of humalog with a meal if someone, for example, is obese and does not guard what them - you probably do not realize what amounts of insulin some diabetics must use

I do not need to increase the dose but lol I do not use 2-3 because it is pointless if you want insulin to build muscle

besides, I don't know what kind of diabetics you know, because I know people who have to use, for example, long insulin 100iu in the morning and 20-30 and even sometimes I heard about 50-60u of humalog with a meal if someone, for example, is obese and does not guard what them - you probably do not realize what amounts of insulin some diabetics must use
thanks for the info, yes i am still learning.

yes your goals will be different, but we can agree that once you reach your target IU of insulin it can stay there unless something major changes? i just read so many people saying it works great in the beginning than results or sensitivity diminishes so i was confused why that didn't happen to the diabetic population.

thanks for the info, yes i am still learning.

yes your goals will be different, but we can agree that once you reach your target IU of insulin it can stay there unless something major changes? i just read so many people saying it works great in the beginning than results or sensitivity diminishes so i was confused why that didn't happen to the diabetic population.
their sensitivity decreases because most often:
-they do not follow a diet or cheat
-stop or severely restrict doing cardio
- they do not train intensively enough (hard training is the best way to improve insulin sensitivity)

- they do not train intensively enough (hard training is the best way to improve insulin sensitivity)
yes i understand that for bodybuilders, but why can diabetics not do any of that and not have to keep increasing their doses ? does their sensitivity not decrease as well?

Please elaborate on this. So Type 2 diabetics are going hypo???

Type 2 diabetics can absolutely go hypo during exercise.

It depends on so many factors. Because there is insulin-mediated glucose disposal and non-insulin mediated disposal, (such as muscles contraction signaling glut-4 translocation) and the progression of the disease.

Pepperoni though type 2 beta pancreatic cells burn out, and eventually they will in later stages of progression, but early onset… because fat, liver, muscle cells are resistant, they are like fuck that I don’t want more glucose. And your pancreas is like god dammit and releases MORE insulin to basically shove the blood glucose though the door unwillingly. Hence NAFLD, high IMTGs, and all the other issues that come with diabetes

Last bullet point….there is a professional cycling team Norvo Nordisk made of type 1 diabetics, they do so much zone 2 training, they need VERY little exogenous insulin to move glucose into cells Due to massive non insulin dependent disposal.

Insulin sensitivity depends also if you are in a caloric excess or not.

Moreover most diabetics take Metformin and/or Sitagliptin to stay even more insulin sensitive.

TRT is also something that helps insulin sensitivity, but this is another story.
I believe this is true. The leaner the more insulin sensitivity. Also gh usually causes resistance not the skin we use

i had great results doing what phil and HH do. but I notice since I work out in PM, hitting slin post workout after 9-10pm does not help adipose tissue

lately I have been just dosing preworkout 10iu.

does anyone else dose 1-3iu pre meal throughout day. if so how were your results?

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws