advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why hasn't bodybuilding hit maintstream?

thethinker48

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT_BkyS1K3o"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT_BkyS1K3o[/ame]

It's undoubtedly the drugs, but I do wonder if in the future people's opinion of steroids change, as they come to terms with the fact that any high level sport has a size-able community that relies on drugs to push the human boundaries.

As messed up as it sounds, I would hate if it did go mainstream. Can't imagine the kind of shit that other sports go through being pushed in bodybuilding.

A lot of people don't really like bodybuilding. It's for many reasons including the Performance Enhancement "Cheating." A lot of people do not consider bodybuilding sexy anymore. Golden Age bodybuilding is about as far as it goes. Back then, the novelty was high with the general public, and most people still considered the physiques "sexy."

They don't even want bodybuilders for Movies anymore, despite the fact that a lot of actors take some steroids for the hero/comic/action roles. We've spent fifteen years now making comic-book movies, and they don't even want any freaky-bodybuilder physiques for that.

Its boring as hell to watch.
Competitive bodybuilding is about as exciting as a Miss World pageant, possibly less to most people.
Popular sports have an action component, bodybuilding has posing.

Pretty much what was already stated. Not to mention you need genetics to make it in this sport, it relies heavily on genetics. You also need a shit ton of money and knowledge that most don't have.

Gh, peptides, food, gear, all that shit cost a ton of money in the long run.

I'm anticipating the Geared Olympics to become a popular event

Everyone's wrong.. Even the pros.. They aren't thinking outside the box.. Think of all other sports tgat are mainstream.. Basketball, football, baseball, soccer etc. .. Kids are able to play these sports starting at the age of 5yrs old and up.. This creates the ultimate widespread growth of these sports where people are adopting these sports into a part of their lives at such youthful ages that as they become adults now they are huge sports fans. Bodybuilding just doesn't have the capacity to do such things as similar.. It's not something that can be "played" for an hour and it's over time to go inside and eat chicken nuggets and coke. Or like other sports which are adopted into our educational systems within all the schools junior high and highschool and college.. Team sports always have more factors of growth involved simply because more people are involved.. These are just very small factors of why it isn't mainstream. It doesn't have to do with genetics or drugs or all that bullshit, 90% of people tgat play sports suck at it but still enjoy playing them. You gotta think outside the box,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone's wrong.. Even the pros.. They aren't thinking outside the box.. Think of all other sports tgat are mainstream.. Basketball, football, baseball, soccer etc. .. Kids are able to play these sports starting at the age of 5yrs old and up.. This creates the ultimate widespread growth of these sports where people are adopting these sports into a part of their lives at such youthful ages that as they become adults now they are huge sports fans. Bodybuilding just doesn't have the capacity to do such things as similar.. It's not something that can be "played" for an hour and it's over time to go inside and eat chicken nuggets and coke. Or like other sports which are adopted into our educational systems within all the schools junior high and highschool and college.. Team sports always have more factors of growth involved simply because more people are involved.. These are just very small factors of why it isn't mainstream. It doesn't have to do with genetics or drugs or all that bullshit, 90% of people tgat play sports suck at it but still enjoy playing them. You gotta think outside the box,

But if I stay in the box, then I am both dead and alive, at the same time, with a cat.

But if I stay in the box, then I am both dead and alive, at the same time, with a cat.

Yes with a cat, but the cat is dead and the dog is alive, but it is outside the box, with a gerbel

Because most people don't want to look like the bodybuilders of today, a few people want to look like a freak... the rest love the mens physique look now and bikini hence why those two catagories have demolished bodybuilding in terms of competitors and popularity.

Like Arnold said its going backwards now, has been for a while.

My opinion bodybuilding should meet in the middle of where it is now and mens physique, basically 70's to early 90's.

Its boring as hell to watch.
Competitive bodybuilding is about as exciting as a Miss World pageant, possibly less to most people.
Popular sports have an action component, bodybuilding has posing.

This...going to shows for a normal person is not fun at all. I usually go alone and have a blast watching and analyzing the various physiques but I took a girl friend one time and she was bored out of her mind lol. She gave it her best though and tried to act interested...we both had kids so it was one of our "free" nights...I left as soon as men's bb'ng was over I couldn;t put her through anymore of it.

People just dont care how much muscle someone has...its interesting for about 2 seconds.

I do agree most people are not as interested in now days nor do they care how much muscle a person has. I have had people ask me how much I bench and know they don't really care. You see a lot of people now days just working out for fitness and not concerned with being big.

My opinion bodybuilding should meet in the middle of where it is now and mens physique, basically 70's to early 90's.

Agreed 100%.... that's why the new Classic Physique Class will do GREAT....IMO a happy median is where MOST fellas wanna be.... including myself...

I would say that the norm is people have no interest in looking that big. I kinda like it the way it is underground. To me the norm or normal people are boring lazy with no drive. Being normal and average is so unattractive and unappealing plus not exciting at all.

I personally enjoy watching shows. At least national level ones. But people that don't understand the spot will never get what it takes to be a part of it. Adding power lifting and other events make it more appealing. In my 26 years of powerlifting and bb I have never see general public coming out to watch us.

110% or expect to regret it!

The new classic physique division has a good chance of going mainstream because the average person is dumb enough to believe they're natural.

The fact that its boring is a very good point, hell even myself when Im at a show competing, I get bored by the end of it and just want the overall to be done and over with so I can go home.

Also not a lot want to see oiled men in banana hammocks "making faces". You know how many times i've heard that ?? lol

It has become too extreme. I have been in the game for over 25 years and have seen the physiques evolve. Now i do appreciate all the hard work that it takes to get to that level, but it has become too much. This is why they have gotten rid of female bodybuilding. Too much and now its a thing of the past. You can't compare the physiques of Flex Wheeler to Big Rami. No comparison, and to me, Flex wins all day long.

There are 2 other factors, in my opinion, that have killed bodybuilding. 1) people associate it with illegal drugs (As mentioned above) and society will never look past that (This is why Barry Bonds and all those baseball juicers will never get into the hall of fame). 2) Has to do with the attitudes and mentality of what normal people perceive that bodybuilders have. Go to your gym and look at the guys that are on vs the guys that are just there to workout. The guy that is on gear, is perceived as a meat head with no brains and tons of ego. Which, in some instances, is true. The "Meat Head" grunts during reps, flexes in the mirror and constantly looks at himself in the mirror throughout their workout. Now I'm not pointing fingers as i also do/did that. Its just who we are. Now i have a college degree, make well into the 6 figures and live a very comfortable life, but back when i was really big, no one in the gym knew that and, I'm pretty sure, only thought i was a dumb "Meat Head".

Society does not like extremes and something they perceive as unattainable, sometimes is a turn off to them. Combine the look with the drugs and the perceived mentality of bodybuilders, and you have your answer as to why bodybuilding is a dying sport. This is why the largest and fastest growing division is mens physique and close on its heals will be the classic division. Why? Its obtainable by almost everyone that is willing to put forth the effort without going to the extreme.

I have seen the progression for 25 years and am 100% certain that we are headed to seeing 1 of 2 things with bodybuilding. They will either, get rid of it all together (Doubt this happens but no one thought they would get rid of female body building and look where it is) or they are going to tone it down drastically (This will happen). I guarantee you that we are seeing the last of the freaks. Once all the major news organizations catch on to all the deaths in the sport and it is broadcast on primetime television, the bodybuilding organizations will get a ton of heat from various entities such as the medical community and the federal government and will be forced to change or will have a multi million dollar law suit against them.

Look at how professional wrestling had to change a few years back. Remember how jacked all those guys were. Now look at them. They got some serious heat (Didn't help that Vince got popped) and changed over night. Now look. No more freaks in Pro Wrestling.

Two main reasons are the drugs and the fact those physiques aren't appealing to women

Two main reasons are the drugs and the fact those physiques aren't appealing to women

Women don't go to bodybuilding shows in general. its mostly men and the decline of bodybuilding tells you that the physiques are not only, not appealing to women but also not appealing to men.

It has become too extreme. I have been in the game for over 25 years and have seen the physiques evolve. Now i do appreciate all the hard work that it takes to get to that level, but it has become too much. This is why they have gotten rid of female bodybuilding. Too much and now its a thing of the past. You can't compare the physiques of Flex Wheeler to Big Rami. No comparison, and to me, Flex wins all day long.

There are 2 other factors, in my opinion, that have killed bodybuilding. 1) people associate it with illegal drugs (As mentioned above) and society will never look past that (This is why Barry Bonds and all those baseball juicers will never get into the hall of fame). 2) Has to do with the attitudes and mentality of what normal people perceive that bodybuilders have. Go to your gym and look at the guys that are on vs the guys that are just there to workout. The guy that is on gear, is perceived as a meat head with no brains and tons of ego. Which, in some instances, is true. The "Meat Head" grunts during reps, flexes in the mirror and constantly looks at himself in the mirror throughout their workout. Now I'm not pointing fingers as i also do/did that. Its just who we are. Now i have a college degree, make well into the 6 figures and live a very comfortable life, but back when i was really big, no one in the gym knew that and, I'm pretty sure, only thought i was a dumb "Meat Head".

Society does not like extremes and something they perceive as unattainable, sometimes is a turn off to them. Combine the look with the drugs and the perceived mentality of bodybuilders, and you have your answer as to why bodybuilding is a dying sport. This is why the largest and fastest growing division is mens physique and close on its heals will be the classic division. Why? Its obtainable by almost everyone that is willing to put forth the effort without going to the extreme.

I have seen the progression for 25 years and am 100% certain that we are headed to seeing 1 of 2 things with bodybuilding. They will either, get rid of it all together (Doubt this happens but no one thought they would get rid of female body building and look where it is) or they are going to tone it down drastically (This will happen). I guarantee you that we are seeing the last of the freaks. Once all the major news organizations catch on to all the deaths in the sport and it is broadcast on primetime television, the bodybuilding organizations will get a ton of heat from various entities such as the medical community and the federal government and will be forced to change or will have a multi million dollar law suit against them.

Look at how professional wrestling had to change a few years back. Remember how jacked all those guys were. Now look at them. They got some serious heat (Didn't help that Vince got popped) and changed over night. Now look. No more freaks in Pro Wrestling.

Couldn't have said it any better although I do however don't think the deaths will impact bbing overseas and their organizations seems like they are more lax than the US is. You agree?

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws