advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why is Chad Nicholls not considered a respectable contest prep Guru anymore?

desibaba

Banned
I remember back in the day more than half of the guys in the Mr Olympia top 10 were working with him. Ronnie didnt become as dominant until Flex Wheeler recommended that he starts working with Chad. However in the last few years he is not considered the same.

Most people are working with either Hany Rambod or George Farah and a couple of guys are with Oscar Ardon. I think even his Muscle Mayhem message board got shut down because of inactivity. What happened?

I think he retired for a little while..but the last couple years has been training a few select guys here and there ...

My buddy out of Memphis Randy Moore used Chad for years.. He recently started using Hany this year. No disrepect to Chad but Randy said he was a very nice guy who was very knowledgeable but he randy wasnt making the changes that some of these national/pro guys were that were using other guys. Might be one of those deals where Chad is stuck in his old ways while being pasted by others..

he trains a guy by me, and has for years who has definite pro-potential and may get his card this year

I miss his message board...

Wait for Massage G to reply...he is pretty close with Chad.

Chad still trains a ton of guys....he never has been a big internet guy.
I know funny since he had an Elite board at one time we constantly tried to get him to post..this year would have been the ten year anniversary of Muscle Mayhem board actually but it was taken down some time ago.
not really sure if he is on facebook or still has column(s) with the magazines?
The Muscle Mayhem BB contest is on for 2012 though.
Muscle Mayhem Championships | Facebook

MG - you ever met my buddy randy moore?? Chad has done his stuff for years? He lives in Memphis

Chad still trains a ton of guys....he never has been a big internet guy.
I know funny since he had an Elite board at one time we constantly tried to get him to post..this year would have been the ten year anniversary of Muscle Mayhem board actually but it was taken down some time ago.
not really sure if he is on facebook or still has column(s) with the magazines?
The Muscle Mayhem BB contest is on for 2012 though.
Muscle Mayhem Championships | Facebook

He used to have a monthly column in Muscular Development but they didnt renew his contract i think. I remember back in the day he got into an argument with Milos Sarcev on his board over Plasma Expanders and whatnot. That was epic. How come he doesnt do the contest preps of the top pros anymore (as in guys who are in the Mr O)? His track record is way more impressive than George Farah or Hany Rambod in my opinion.

He has been off the radar for a while now, since his column in MD and his board died off. I do know he's been active training guys. I think he's been training that young kid, I forget his name but a monster. Fouad is also back with him, he started off with him and won his Pro card with him, I think he was with Hany for a bit too but now back with Chad. I think Pakulski was with Hany too for a bit and has dropped him and seems to be doing fine. Shows he's not the end all be all of Guru's.

Do these contest prep guys also tell their clients how to train in the off season or is it simply a person who helps you diet down and come in ripped, dry and full into a show? Considering the fact that most of these guys are all over the country im assuming the "training" is done over the phone and emails primarily?

There main goal is to get them peaked the day of the show to look there best to win or do there best ultimately as that is what the final result they want for there client. Yes they do help with nuitrition, not so much training however I think that all depends of what type of advice/prep you are paying for. Again if your not feeling so well or a bodypart hurts they will alter your training. They also alter training depends on if any specific bodypart needs to be brought up, so they will advise on say doing arms 2x a week. There basic job is to prep you to look your best on the day of that show in a nut shell!

Last edited:
Muscle Mayhem used to be one of the BEST communities. Christ, i think I can name 3-4 couples that met on Mayhem. Franco, aka Bulldog21, married a girl from the board. They're living happily ever after in a non-BB world now.

I almost forgot about Chad. I bet he's still just as good. Hell, didn't Chris Aceto fade in and out? Now he's back. Some guys just don't need attention. They do their job, take pride in it, and that's it.

I take that back on the training. As I alot do it all prep and training but some use one for prep and someone else for training. Then again as far as the training I think it depends on what level you are on. For example Dorian great coach for training. Someone like Hany he does it all traning and nutrition prep his main fortay is nutrition prep guy is smart when it comes to that;)
Chris Aceto alot forget about him but he is good as well.

If I worked with someone it would be Aceto or Nichols. Hany and Farah no way. Aceto and Nichols focus on bringing in great condition with maybe a little flatness. The other two are about being full

I think he has a small.column in flex now...he helped paluski come in his all time best at the Arnold. Im pretty sure he is working with Kevin Jordan....mayhem was the first forum I was on that had pros actually post...id use the search function for hours

Things change for various reasons, but Chad is still very good. He was at the top of the moutain for a while and still has a lot to offer. My guess is that he simply lost a lot of the fire he had before when it comes to prepping top BB'rs and started getting interested in other things. When he had his collumn in MD, it seemed as if he would rarely talk about BB'ing anymore and would instead of talk about shit like his new "skin care line" and othershit like that. Obviously, he was interested in pursuing other things by that point.

I take that back on the training. As I alot do it all prep and training but some use one for prep and someone else for training. Then again as far as the training I think it depends on what level you are on. For example Dorian great coach for training. Someone like Hany he does it all traning and nutrition prep his main fortay is nutrition prep guy is smart when it comes to that;)
Chris Aceto alot forget about him but he is good as well.

You are close friends with Jay. How come all those years when Jay was chasing Ronnie for the Sandow he never used a contest prep guy. I know he had Chris Aceto advice him a bit here and there but he never had a full time guru like Chad Nicholls or Hany Rambod work with him. Kinda makes me wonder if some of these guys would actually do BETTER if they didnt use a guru.

Chad is more selective nowadays, but runs some pretty top notch NPC shows, Muscle Mayhem being one of them. And I do know he is still working with Kevin J, which if things keep going the way they are with him, we will see a pro in Kevin sooner than later.

If you ever trained a bunch of world class bodybuilders you would understand,it eventually becomes to much to handle on the level he was doing there for awhile. Too many egos that think there not being shown the attention as there opponent. Most guys eventually tone it down and train a more select group of athletes , this is exactly what Dan Duchaine did as he became more of a author and writing for magazines. You get tired of getting calls all times of the day wanting to know what is wrong I'm flat, I feel fat, I'm bloated, and there 7 or 8 weeks from a contest,your basically a high priced babysitter.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws