over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why is it so hard to find contests?

goatfishtwo

Banned
I'm beginning to think that the state I live in is just a bodybuilding wasteland. I'm from Louisiana and I am dying to do my first competition next year but I CANNOT freaking find one. I've heard of some like the optimum classic and I'm aware of NPC but when I check the sites it looks like they haven't been touched in months and have no useful information. How should I go about looking for a contest? While I don't want to drive to Texas to do a competition... I will if I have to. Just throwing that out there.

There are lots of NPC shows in LA, but the schedule for 2013 probably won't be out til later this year. Most shows are April thru September or so.

Shows are usually around the same weekends every year, so you can roughly plan on that.

Check back on this site in a couple months, they'll probably have the 2013 schedule up then.

**broken link removed**

There are lots of NPC shows in LA, but the schedule for 2013 probably won't be out til later this year. Most shows are April thru September or so.

Thanks for the response Shelby. Any advice for a first time competitor?

Shows are usually around the same weekends every year, so you can roughly plan on that.

Check back on this site in a couple months, they'll probably have the 2013 schedule up then.

**broken link removed**

Will do, I just wish they'd update their sites more often so people like me would know it's a reliable source of information.

Last edited:
check surrounding states too!

I kinda enjoy making weekend trips out of competing.. It is a little bit more of a hassle, but if you plan right and spend a little extra on a nice hotel close to the show with a kitchen and a good friend or significant other, it can be a lot of fun.

Roll in thursday or friday, after the show Saturday go out in the local town and enjoy the spoils of your victory :D then head home sunday morning after a good nights sleep and room service breakfast :p

I feel you man! I was looking for some around me (I live in Connecticut) and all of them were 4+ hours away in New York and Penn...Being that Im 20, I dont feel like traveling that far for a comp just yet when I know I wont win or place, I just wanna compete. All the shows around me, as few as there are, are "natural" and one of my buddies competes in them and he is natural...So i dont want to feel like I am cheating and join those.

check surrounding states too!

I kinda enjoy making weekend trips out of competing.. It is a little bit more of a hassle, but if you plan right and spend a little extra on a nice hotel close to the show with a kitchen and a good friend or significant other, it can be a lot of fun.

Roll in thursday or friday, after the show Saturday go out in the local town and enjoy the spoils of your victory :D then head home sunday morning after a good nights sleep and room service breakfast :p

That does sound extremely alluring actually. Maybe once my daughter is a little older my wife and I will make a weekend out of a show.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131