over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

why is it when i do HIT vs volume?

mchief101

Registered
ok iv been on HIT for about 1 month and for some reason i look smaller and softer (endomorph). however when i do high volume my muscles tend to be more fuller and feels like its growing. does this meaan that since i am an endomorph, im more suited towards high volume training? or is it my diet?

current diet : 300p/300-400c/100-120f

cycle : test p 400mg/week (cruise)

I dunno what your talkin about bro... HIT gave me the craziest gaines ever..... is your rep range 4-6? Do you rest pause after you fail? Does your spotter help you complete the rep in a smooth natural pace?

Well, I know with higher rep sets you get a much better pump that makes you look and feel bigger, maybe thats part of it?

I think also maybe you are not burning as many calories as when you do higher volume training and maybe that is making you softer? You could add in more cardio or change up the diet some.

good idea. yes i do rest pause sets,drop sets,partials. my last sets of each exercise r very intense....aka hit style. my strength increases every week yet my size gains are same / decreasing. idk whats its about

good idea. yes i do rest pause sets,drop sets,partials. my last sets of each exercise r very intense....aka hit style. my strength increases every week yet my size gains are same / decreasing. idk whats its about

I think its mostly the pump factor. Once you go back to volume training for awhile you will swell back up and be bigger and stronger than ever. Alternate your training when its called for.

thx bro. definately. good to switch around. but does it matter what bodytype i am? maybe cuz im pure endo that i need to do high volume ?

I've come up with the ultimate routine, (Uh , on paper at least), perform a HIT routine of one work set to failure for 2-3 exercises per bodypart then on the last exercise for the day for that bodypart do FST-7 or Gironda style 6x6 or 8x8. The best of both worlds, stimulate the actual muscle fiber to grow with HIT and sacroplasmic growth from the pump on the last exercise.

cycle : test p 400mg/week (cruise)

you are cruising on 400mg of test? I'd like to see some recent pics if you have some handy. I don't mean to sound rude or anything but aren't you kind of new to this game? Aren't you currently prepping for a show in the men's physique class? 400/wk cruise seems a bit much for your level. What do your blasts look like?... Maybe I have you confused with another oars member...

I am generally a volume guy . The last 10 years or so i have really looked forward to 2-3 6 week hit breaks each year. After my hit gains kind of plateau I go back to volume and my gains just jump. I like both. T

I think its mostly the pump factor. Once you go back to volume training for awhile you will swell back up and be bigger and stronger than ever. Alternate your training when its called for.

I found that when training with HIT I need either a week off or a detraining week... which is just high rep not crazy intense workout every 8 weeks or so.... like 20 rep sets.... it shocks your body and lets you recover at the same time...

you are cruising on 400mg of test? I'd like to see some recent pics if you have some handy. I don't mean to sound rude or anything but aren't you kind of new to this game? Aren't you currently prepping for a show in the men's physique class? 400/wk cruise seems a bit much for your level. What do your blasts look like?... Maybe I have you confused with another oars member...

i believe my shit is underdosed

what sponsor ? you could be wrong, only blood work will prove you right

not from a sponsor here. but its optimal labs....if u wanna know. or anabolic body. the first time i ordered from him it was legit for sure, had acne, horny as hell, oily face, boner all that. the 2nd batch i ordered , in my opinion is underdosed. thats what im saying

Whats your height, weight and BF?

that may not be enough food. OR, your rotation is fucked and dont have enough frequency with the lower volime HIT aproach. Could be a shit ton of reasons for lack of growth.

Volume, intensity, and FREQUENCY have to all balance. if you do 1 restpause set for a muscle, you can probably recover and retrain that muscle in 3-4 days. hell you might be able to do that with 5 straight sets done right. if you do 17 sets for a muscle you might need a week for recovery.

Last edited:
Whats your height, weight and BF?

that may not be enough food. OR, your rotation is fucked and dont have enough frequency with the lower volime HIT aproach. Could be a shit ton of reasons for lack of growth.

Volume, intensity, and FREQUENCY have to all balance. if you do 1 restpause set for a muscle, you can probably recover and retrain that muscle in 3-4 days. hell you might be able to do that with 5 straight sets done right. if you do 17 sets for a muscle you might need a week for recovery.

thanks bro. yes im aiming for 12-14 sets from now....high volume llol

not from a sponsor here. but its optimal labs....if u wanna know. or anabolic body. the first time i ordered from him it was legit for sure, had acne, horny as hell, oily face, boner all that. the 2nd batch i ordered , in my opinion is underdosed. thats what im saying

Ive always heard good stuff about optimal labs have alot of friends swear by it do blood work before claiming stuff is underdosed

Alot of guys try HIT do 1 set to concentric failure.... then say its a bunch of BS and doesnt work....thats NOT HIT.. go watch Dorians training vids THATS high intensity training!

Alot of guys try HIT do 1 set to concentric failure.... then say its a bunch of BS and doesnt work....thats NOT HIT.. go watch Dorians training vids THATS high intensity training!

:yeahthat:

Watch this video...

Mike Mentzer's HIT: Legs - Part II - YouTube

has me laughing my ass off... because I put myself through what marcus is going through lol :D "I hate you" "I hate you" LOL

Last edited:
So OP... if your watching that video I just posted and your thinking to yourself "OMG how does he train like that" or something other than "Damn I know what thats like" your NOT training HIT lol:D

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131