YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why is my Progesterone so high??? And prolactin low??

Thebigone

Kilo Klub Member
I got a recent labwork done. The past 4 months ive been on
500mg testE/wk
200mg MastE/wk
50mg proviron ED
gh at 4iu's per day with peptides
adex at .5mg ED
hcg 500iu 2x per week.

So i got estradial, prolactin,progesterone and dhea tested.

So a month ago I was on .5mg cabergoline 2x per week and my prolactin levels were <0 and the range was 4-15 so ive been off caber for about a month and now they are at 0.1 which is still really low for not being on any caber.

estradial is at 26 range is at 7-42 Whats odd about this my last blood test a month ago I was taking 1mg adex and my estro was at 23 and now at only .5mg its at 26

I had naturally low dhea levels and at 50mg dhea daily my levels a month ago were 140 with range being 31-700 so i up'd it to 100mg the past month and now they are at 259. Still seems a bit low right?

But here is the odd one. Progesterone is at 4.5 with range being .2-1.4 How in the world is my progesterone so high when im not using deca or anadrol which are the only 2 things I thought could raise progesterone?

I need some advice. This doesnt make sense to me. I stop taking caber for plenty of time yet prolactin is very low. I cut my anti estrogen dose in half yet my levels remain the exact same. I double my dhea dose and only go from 140-259. I dont take anything to raise progesterone yet my levels are sky high.

A little background is ive been on gear since 2005 and im 29yrs old. Pretty much been on all the time with cruises of HRT. The last few years have just been a base of 500mg test with another compound like primo or var,etc... much more mild than past cycles. So the past few months I wanted to just stay on test and some mast/proviron with GH kinda like a supercharged HRT for a while.

I am no expert but I remember reading studies about arimidex that showed the diff between 1mg and. 5mg was very small. I don't remember the numbers but it was like .5mg a day was a 60% reduction and 1mg a day was a 65% reduction in estradiol.

Sent from my ThinkPad Tablet using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by T Man
Not to much is mentioned about progesterone levels and TRT. Does TRT have any effect? What is the normal range for men? What is the effect of progesterone in men? High or low symptoms? Thanks.
Progesterone is made in the adrenal glands and in the testes.
HCG and LH can increase the production of progesterone.
Each lab has its normal range for progesterone in men.

Progesterone is a precursor to testosterone and cortisol.
Progesterone has a mood stabilizing, antidepressant, antiseizure, neuroprotective effect.
Progesterone helps myelinate nerves - i.e. increasing the insulation around nerve axons - increasing signal transmission speed.
Progesterone helps improve thyroid hormone effectiveness.
Progesterone increase the production of estrogen receptors - increasing the potency of existing estrogens.
Progesterone is an aromatase inhibitor - reducing the production of estrogen from testosterone.
Progesterone is an alpha-reductase inhibitor - reducing the production of DHT (dihydrotestosterone) from testosterone.
Progesterone can directly relax blood vessels - reducing blood pressure and improving blood flow (including through the coronary arteries of the heart)
Progesterone can inhibit the formation of blood clots.
Progesterone can promote nurturing behavior.
Progesterone has a mild diuretic effect.

Low progesterone is a clue for the presence of adrenal fatigue.
Low progesterone can cause insomnia, anxiety, impaired ability to adapt to stress, impaired concentration.
Low progesterone may promote hair loss.

Excessive progesterone can cause gynecomastia - by increasing the potency of estrogen.
Excessive progesterone can be sedating.
Excessive progesterone can reduce libido.
By Marianco

Guys with BPH can have elevated progesterone, and typically it will elevate estro but you are in range. Sometimes I have to change my AI dose when nothing else changes. I need to think about this because this is one thing I don't know enough about which is the reason I borrowed the above info. I'll try to research the cause but im assuming it's not very complicated but it's not something typically discussed. Sorry I don't have a good answer.

Everything ive read online about men with high progesterone includes them having low testosterone and high estrogen. I have normal/low estrogen esp for being on 500mg test which puts my testosterone through the roof so I cannot think of why my progesterone so elevated. I also have no idea how my prolactin is so low esp when i take 5iu's GH daily with peptides and no cabergoline.

Any idea's? My goal is to just kinda be on an upgraded HRT forever. I know 500mg test/wk is a lot for HRT but ive been on it for so long and with what im using now which sounds like alot but its really not that much stuff, I can maintain around 230lbs at %10'ish or so and that works well for me.

I only get the bloodwork to make sure things are ok. I realize things will be off like estro and test,etc.. but they have anti-e's and other drugs for a reason right? To get things under control? what do you recommened? Maybe drop adex to .25mg daily b/c if going from 1mg to .5mg had almost no change in my estro levels then the less adex the better right? Im sure its not a healthy drug even though hrt docs prescribe it to patients all day long. So I know things are never normal when on stuff but some things just dont make sense. like:

1.) How can I have low prolactin when not on an anti prolactins
2.) How in the world is progesterone 4x higher than normal
3.) how can dhea be on the lower end still when im taking 100mg daily. Maybe bump it to 200mg? Maybe try a cream?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear